What magic system would you like to possess?

Edit: I don't if this has been asked before as I'm new.

What's your favourite system and which would you like to be in possession of?

My favourite would have to be Feruchemy. Being able to store energy or thoughts in metal sounds perfect for my life style!

Edited by Alorion

A Fullborn who picks up enough breath for the 5th heightening so I don't have to worry about getting Atium for my immortality!

if I had to choose just one... man hard to choose. I'd love sail the skies like a Mistborn or a Windrunner/Skybreaker but there is something to be said for being able to eat as much as I want and store all the excess calories and not get fat as a full feruchemist...

Feruchemy. I'd be a walking encyclopedia who could eat as much as I wanted, go without sleeping for long periods of time, control when I got sick, decide when I became heavy as a whale or fast as a cheetah. There are so many possibilities with Feruchemy one just has to put in the time.

I think it would be fun to be able to just store up sleep be able to eat as much as I want without feeling full. So I guess feruchemy would be my first choice. But I also think being a lurcher would be incredibly useful and that it is a very underrated ability. 

I think Forgery would be a lot of fun to have. It's a very intellectual power which appeals to me in a 'what would I like to be able to do' sense, it's got a lot of flexibility and Shai's Essence Marks show just how powerful it can be. If anyone here has read Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, there's a brief discussion about various hypothetical ways the protagonist might have become the biggest badass in the world, like finding he had a year to live and dedicating it to eliminating crime, or losing a family member and swearing revenge. Now imagine that you have a magic system where you can fake that these instigating events happened and you did train to become that badass. And imagine that you can also create a 'what if' version of you who followed different passions; you can temporarily become any sufficiently plausible version of yourself that might have existed, as long as you can properly envision it and create the appropriate stamp.

Oh, and you could also Forge yourself to have made a different choice when asked which magic system you'd like, within reason. xD

• 1 month later...

If I don't have to deal with the region-lock(I'll take powered down if need be), I'd pick Elantrian. There are no limits when programming reality.

But if the region-lock is non-negotiable, then Feruchemy. The spread of attributes you can store and the applications of them are practically limitless.

If I could be a full Feruchemist, rather than a Ferring, that would be my first choice. Less flashy than being a Mistborn, the ability to tap metalminds of steel, zinc, pewter, and especially gold in our "real world" (not to mention bendalloyminds for calories - no more dieting!) could be used subtly yet very, very effectively. Why, with those powers, I should be dominant!

If I didn't care about standing out, though, even better than being a Mistborn would be gaining AonDor. As a computer programmer, I bet I could get real good, real quickly at Aons. Sure, using the power would require me to stay close to a location, but if Elantris were analagous to NYC where I already live, then that'd be just fine.

My favorite would have to be Forgery, since the concept of changing reality by changing the pasts of objects or people just seems really interesting to me, as well as the detail work that is necessary to actually pull it off.

I think the magic system I would most like to have would be Feruchemy. I just think that the ability to store mental speed, memories, or wakefulness in particular could be really useful as a college student (no more forgetting that one critical equation on my equation sheet) , and there are a lot of other aspects of it that could be fun to play around with as well.

Out of all the different systems I've read I'd probably go for Awakening. I think seeing the world as a more colorful place would be lovely to see.

If I had to include ones I haven't read up yet then I'd probably choose Forgery. Re-writing the history of something sounds very interesting to me.

I'm going to go with either a coinshot or a lurcher. Every time I walk around anywhere now I find myself looking around, noting metal objects and thinking about how I could push or pull to get to all sorts of different places.

Otherwise, Feruchemy is just so damnation useful. As a full Feruchemist, the sky's the limit in most everyday situations but if I had to choose, I would probably go with zinc or brass. Mental speed is always nice, but living in Northern-ish Australia gives me so much opportunity for useful F-Brass, store throughout the summer and tap for the few weeks of cold weather we get here (I'm in one of these weeks now. I don't know how people stand it in other places).

I really empathise the Southern Scadrian view on comfortable temperatures, actually.

My gut response is Allomancy, but that's probably a combination of me rereading Mistborn and it being the first system with which I fell in love. 

Realistically, Feruchemy would be the way I would go (though I would use F-Brass the opposite to @Slimy_Slider :P I'll put up with a 2 degree morning if it means I can get some sweet sweet coldness during those 45 degree summer days)

• 5 weeks later...

Honestly, I am shocked I am the first person to say this, but an Elantrian. To our knowledge, their only real limit is that they have to stay close to Elantris, other than that, with the right Aons their power is almost limitless.

Edit: Just realized I am not the first one to say elantrian... not sure how I missed that... this is awkward.

Edit 2: Wait, I think that elantrian has been mentioned on a different thread with the same question... now I am really confused...

Edited by Ishar

Like has been mentioned several times before, the most useful for practical situations in the real world would definitely have to be feruchemy. 

But the one I'd really want to have would either be Edgedancer or Willshaper powers. Either of these surge combinations seems sooooo cool. 

• 3 weeks later...

In today's society, Feruchemy definitely makes sense. You can lounge around for a while and store wakefulness, speed, senses, strength, health, determination, mental speed, weight, heat, connection, and identity all at once. Casual living these days is just so EASY. You could practically do anything with minimal effort.

But ChayShan would be rusting awesome too.

I'd like to be a Mistborn, mostly for Steelpushes and Ironpulls. Plus, I always seem to have a ton of spare change lying around, so time to put it to good use!

Though I suppose Sand Mastery would be cool to have too, though really only if the sand could be recharged with Earth's sun.

Edited by Unlicensed Hemalurgist