1 hour ago, Bort said:

Wonko, because he seems to know the secrets of the fae.

I would point out that I’m pretty sure all the people who know some aspects of the Fae are confirmed good (Sithe), so even if Wonko did know more than he should about the Fae we shouldn’t lynch him for it. Unless, of course, he is the Cthaeh. 

Contrary to my joke-post, I think the village as a whole should be paying more attention to finding Elims than going Cthaeh-hunting. The best way to find the Cthaeh is actually by Elim kill, since he’s immune to it, though it is interesting that the Cthaeh has access to the elim doc. I suppose this means the Cthaeh could try to sway the Elims one way or another, and try to prevent them from exposing him. 

Actually, that seems like a fairly major sticking point. @Drake Marshall @randuir Can the Cthaeh comment in the Elim doc?

So yeah, basically trying to find the Cthaeh is something Elims are trying to do as well, so it isn’t constructive conversation, in the sense that we can’t trust any of the people who expose the Cthaeh should he be found, and during the conversation itself we’ll just pick up a bunch of null/untrustworthy reads that won’t advance the game when we’re actually trying to kill the Elims later. I need to make my sentences shorter :P 

To close, and hopefully get some game-related discussion (though I’ve loved the RP, please keep it up), I will poke Young Bard for shamelessly stealing others’ ideas and words in their post, and inhibiting creative expression. :P (It was a cool adaptation, though I would like at least one or two game-related comments.)

Alev sat with the rest of her squad, surrounding Yusef and Mirac around a grubby board of Tak. They watched, annoyed, as Yusef picked up one piece, considered, put it back down, and then picked up another piece. A bead of sweat rolled down his forehead.

"Make your move already," Alev groaned. "We don't have all day."

"Yeah Yusef," Mirac said, smirking. "We all know you're going to lose, no need to drag it out."

The other members of Bravo Squad joined in the catcalls. Finally, painstakingly, Yusef reached for a black piece and moved it with trembling fingers.

"That's your final move?" Mirac said. "Not as bad as I expected, but not good enough." Immediately, he moved his pieces, and the trap snapped shut. Bravo Squad watched in enthralled rapture as Mirac ruthlessly took down all of Yusef's pieces.

"Hey, break it up, break it up," Omer said. Unlike the rest of them, his Lieutenant's uniform was clean, with even a hint of perfume in the sharply crisped folds. "We've been shipped to the front, men! We leave at noon, so you have two hours to pack everything up. Get moving!"

The soldiers swiftly set to work, taking down the tents and folding their bedrolls. Even Yusef, slow as he was, helped Mirac pack away the Tak pieces with a newfound energy. The front, they were being shipped to the front! Alev packed her bags feeling as if a thousand butterflies had jammed themselves into her belly. She'd never killed someone before. Alev watched her squadmates, imagining them in formation, jabbing spears into a faceless enemy just as they'd been trained. The front...She could already smell the acrid tang of smoke in the air, brought by a breeze that whispered of war.

Alev woke with a start. The front! She'd thought those nightmares were over. She rubbed her nose wearily, trying to get that cruelly familiar scent out of her nose, but the tang of smoke refused to go away.

A bright blue light shone through the cloth of her tent. Alev frowned, and hesitantly peeled back her tent flap.

Intense blue flames licked at Shreya's tent. It danced in the air, spreading faster than should be possible. Hoarse screams sounded from under the hiss and crackle of the flames. For a heartbeat, all Alev could do was stare at the fire, beautiful in the way Mirac had destroyed Yusef so, so easily, despite all his careful consideration.

Then Alev sprang to her feet to fetch a bucket.

Edited by Arraenae
Spelling

1 hour ago, Fifth Scholar said:

To close, and hopefully get some game-related discussion (though I’ve loved the RP, please keep it up), I will poke Young Bard for shamelessly stealing others’ ideas and words in their post, and inhibiting creative expression. :P (It was a cool adaptation, though I would like at least one or two game-related comments.)

Ha. I intend on doing my own more original RP a bit later in the cycle, rather than just a mimicry, don't worry. :P

Game related comments - hmmm... not sure I have too much to say at this point in time, tbh, though if something or someone catches my eye I'll mention it. There are a lot of different roles and abilities flying around, so expect any and all kind of actions to be fairly confusing. In particular, there seem to be quite a lot of manipulation roles (although we don't know how many of them made it into the actual game), so that's something we need to be especially wary of when considering the results of scans, or whether to attack someone with a Ramston Steel Knife if they have one (quick glance through the rules, and that seems to be the only vig kill role). All in all, there's probably going to be a fair amount of confusion and paranoia this game, even more than usual.

Whether we should target the Cthaeh or the Evil Faction... I don't think this is a particularly important distinction. In general, I'll try and lynch my top suspicion for a non-village role, unless there's a specific strategic advantage to doing otherwise (such as if I want to see their reactions to me bringing up other suspicions before they flip).

Addendum after writing this:
Hmmm... On a second reread, a very slight elim read on Fifth, because they seem to be pushing a little bit too strongly for discussion, as though they want to seem village. I don't know their playstyle that well, though, so it's possibly nothing.

1 hour ago, Young Bard said:

Addendum after writing this:
Hmmm... On a second reread, a very slight elim read on Fifth, because they seem to be pushing a little bit too strongly for discussion, as though they want to seem village. I don't know their playstyle that well, though, so it's possibly nothing.

Fifth Scholar actually usually pushes for discussion, from what I've seen of them. I would argue that Fifth is just being Fifth.

I don't really like D1 lynches, but, they've got to happen. I suppose. So far, it looks like there's a 3 way tie between Wonko, Young Bard, and Aonar, So I will randomly break the tie. The Google RNG chose the number I assigned to Wonko. 

Whether we should target the Cthaeh or the Evil Faction... I don't think this is a particularly important distinction. In general, I'll try and lynch my top suspicion for a non-village role, unless there's a specific strategic advantage to doing otherwise (such as if I want to see their reactions to me bringing up other suspicions before they flip).

I certainly don’t have an issue with lynching the Cthaeh, to be clear. My main worry is that instead of looking at people and deciding “person X is/is not village,” the thread will become “we need to kill the Cthaeh, let’s see who it could be, maybe person X.” That kind of discussion, while it might give us the Cthaeh, might also not, and it won’t help us find Elims (and in fact simply gives them an easy place to hide). So my comment was more about the flow of conversation than the lynch target itself. 

All in all, there's probably going to be a fair amount of confusion and paranoia this game, even more than usual.

Sounds about right. I highly doubt all the uniquely named Chandrian are on the evil team, but I’m pretty sure Encanis made it in, though the “possesses secrets” text being legitimately the only thing we know about him scares me a bit. 

I’d forgotten about the items. The Steel Knife is a kill, if a highly inconsistent one, though we probably do have at least one Archer of the Sithe, which is a vig kill. So the village isn’t entirely deprived of kills, and with 3-ish kills a night I don’t see this game lasting for too long. I definitely don’t think there are any secret kill roles in play, unless the Archer didn’t make it in. 

Oh, and Young Bard, before I forget. 

3 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I would point out that I’m pretty sure all the people who know some aspects of the Fae are confirmed good (Sithe), so even if Wonko did know more than he should about the Fae we shouldn’t lynch him for it. Unless, of course, he is the Cthaeh.

I suppose I shouldn't argue against myself, but Skindancers are Fae, and though it hasn't been explicitly stated in the text, it seems likely that Scrael are faen creatures as well. If we didn't have Fae enemies, why would there be multiple Village roles with anti-Fae powers?

@Drake Marshall @randuir Clarification: do Encanis, Cinder, and Cyphus count as Fae? Given the mystery surrounding the Chandrian, it's conceivable that they are. Also, I'm not sure it matters, but does Encanis count as a Chandrian or a demon? I only ask because you've made the odd choice of calling him "Encanis", and though it's widely suspected that he is the Chandrian known as Haliax or Alaxel, all we know for certain is that he is the lord of all demons according to the Tehlin church.

I'm going to put my vote on Bort, who appears to me to be trying to skate by with a harmless joke vote in order to bypass the inactivity filter without contributing much. I'm admittedly also not ecstatic about the fact that that vote is on me. That said, I'm also very keen to hear why Aonar seems to be totally ignoring Rae's poke. If he persists in this, I may shift my vote to give the poke a little more teeth.

Partly to see who weighs in on this from here, and partly because I’m getting a mild gut evil read on Wonko, which I think is probably both from his asking these clarifications in thread, and from it feeling like he’s trying to distance himself from the evil characters, but Wonko.

1 hour ago, Wonko the Sane said:

I'm going to put my vote on Bort, who appears to me to be trying to skate by with a harmless joke vote in order to bypass the inactivity filter without contributing much. I'm admittedly also not ecstatic about the fact that that vote is on me. That said, I'm also very keen to hear why Aonar seems to be totally ignoring Rae's poke. If he persists in this, I may shift my vote to give the poke a little more teeth.

It's day one. Of course I'm trying to skate by with a joke vote.

As for why I'm not contributing much, I refer you back to my previous comment, it's day one. Also, having never read Kingkiller Chronicles, I'm a bit wary of having someone jump on me for not knowing something, like where blue fire comes from :P

However, I'm not too pleased that my poke vote is being used to start a lynch, so... Wonko.

Elandera. Because apparently insulting tinkers isn't good for our health, and I have no desire for Ruin to come down on us either.

I would never mistreat a Tinker, nor insult them out loud. I just have my own thoughts that I generally keep to myself. I know how superstitious the world can be and have no desire to bring Ruin or any other form of destruction down upon a wonderful troupe. 

As for my vote, let's see if we can get a few more people here. Eternum (@Eternum)

EDIT: About the inactivity filter, if we vote then remove the vote without placing a new one, does that count as a vote for the phase or a no vote?

Edited by Elandera

5 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I would point out that I’m pretty sure all the people who know some aspects of the Fae are confirmed good (Sithe), so even if Wonko did know more than he should about the Fae we shouldn’t lynch him for it. Unless, of course, he is the Cthaeh. 

Bold added for emphasis.

Mind explaining this statement, Fifth?

Also, could someone who's read KKC put everything they know about the Chandrian and Fae inthread under a spoiler?

Edited by Arraenae
Formatting

Gaskana stared at the blue flame, mesmerized. Fire wasn't supposed to be that color. Her mother had always warned her to run away from any signs of such fire, but there was nowhere to run. Not here in Fae. Experimentally, she retrieved on of her juggling torches and poked the smoldering remnants of Shreya's tent with the tip of it. The torch instantly burst into flames. She dropped it before her hand could be consumed, then dumped water on the still burning torch. Fascinating. Not just a cosmetic change then. CONFLAGRATIONS would have to be informed, assuming she ever managed to leave Fae. 

12 minutes ago, Elandera said:

EDIT: About the inactivity filter, if we vote then remove the vote without placing a new one, does that count as a vote for the phase or a no vote?

In Drake's last game, you needed to have a vote placed by the end of the cycle to avoid the inactivity filter, so a retracted vote would not count as a vote.

Snip started to warm up for his daily act, doing some simple exercises with a mere three balls. He wandered around the troop, getting lost in his thoughts and his warmups. He wandered past Elendera, and heard them mutter something awful, something that horrified him to the point of dropping his balls. Tinkers!!! Scam Artists!! Did they want to bring the Chandrian upon them!! With the horrible death of Shreya, and the rumors of blue fire, horrifying words indeed. He shook his head, picked up his balls and continued juggling.

Edited by Snipexe

5 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Hey Aonar, I see you lurking. Saw you lurking three hours ago, too, and you still haven't posted anything yet. Come on, say something. :D

4 hours ago, Arraenae said:

@Aonar Faileas, I see you again. You're still lurking. Say something, anything, and I'll take my vote off of you. Come on.

As an almost possibly former Lurker, I go to stand up for Aonar and say let Lurkers Lurk.  It's all we have.  :P 

1 minute ago, Alvron said:

As an almost possibly former Lurker, I go to stand up for Aonar and say let Lurkers Lurk.  It's all we have.  :P 

But why should I? :wacko: Prodding lurkers and hearing them talk is satisfying.

1 minute ago, Arraenae said:

But why should I? :wacko: Prodding lurkers and hearing them talk is satisfying.

But if Lurkers are talking and not lurking then they are not lurkers so why did you call them out?

2 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Mind explaining this statement, Fifth?

Sure, had just done a quick perusal of the rules after Bort’s comment and saw that all the Sithe possessed some form of knowledge about secret Fae mechanics, and that no other roles appeared to have said knowledge (with the obvious exception of the Cthaeh). So my comment about Wonko being confirmed good if he actually possessed secret knowledge was based on the fact that only the Sithe had said knowledge. 

Inactivity filter doesn’t sound fun, so I shall vote for Eternum because lynching Elandera, a fairly new player, on the basis of an offhand comment seems kinda harsh to me. I’ve really got no solid suspicions, but maybe that’s a good thing because during the AG, the last real traditional Elimination game I played, I was very sure of a lot of my reads on people, and we all saw how well that went >> If I were to vote purely on gut, I’d likely go Rae or Bort, but at this point in the game with very few posts from both that’s a terrible reason to lynch someone, so I’ll probably be pokevoting until I establish a better set of reads. 

10 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

If I were to vote purely on gut, I’d likely go Rae or Bort, but at this point in the game with very few posts from both that’s a terrible reason to lynch someone, so I’ll probably be pokevoting until I establish a better set of reads. 

Huh, why on me?

11 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Huh, why on me?

Not entirely sure, which is why I’m not voting for you :P It’s probably just a tone thing, or just my brain snapping to your higher post count and finding it suspicious somehow. Kinda hate putting it down to “just gut,” but that’s the way it is sometimes, I suppose. (Which I do hate when other people say that about me, so I will look over your posts again to see what exactly set off whatever weird mental alarm there is in my head. It’ll probably just be nothing.)

At this point, it looks like Wonko has the most votes. Would it be possible to take the votes off of him? I'd rather not lynch him today, because this is his first game back in a while, so he's essentially just a new player who happened to have experience in mafia games similar but not the same as out current ones. C2 we can kill him if we want, but I really don't want to have more C1 deaths of a returning player.

Also, @Alvron,@Aonar Faileas, @Arinian, @Cadmium Compounder, @Droughtbringer, @Devotary of Spontaneity@Eternum, @I think I am here., @Megasif, @Steeldancer, @Walin, @xinoehp512, none of you have put down votes. Do you have any thoughts on the game? You only have 3 no-vote free passes, and it would be a shame to waste one of them so early in the game.