Alleyverse Monetary system

MacThorstenson

That awkward moment when you leave for half a day, then come back to too many posts to read...

Suggestions (that I can remember):

- discord bot

- some kind of recording group (guild that keeps track of money)

- spreadsheet

- website to keep track of it all

14 minutes ago, Mraize said:

I feel as if this has gotten off topic just a little. What systems have been suggested? A list might be a good way to format this all

I believe that most people are in agreement that a discord bot to make transactions and keep track is the best way.  People could make alt accounts for people who have tech issues. Other than that, a bankers guild and reps from each guild have been suggested.

16 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

I believe that most people are in agreement that a discord bot to make transactions and keep track is the best way.  People could make alt accounts for people who have tech issues. Other than that, a bankers guild and reps from each guild have been suggested.

Great!

10 minutes ago, Mraize said:

Honest when I was reading parts of Mistborn again I was thinking we should call our money what breeze says. the Physical representation of effort, or whatever the quote was.

Hey, I’ll give you 5 physical representations of effort for your watch.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

But if we had quarters to live in, we wouldn't be homeless. 

What about if we have three-quarters quarters, we do keep breaking the fourth wall after all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 2:33 PM, MacThorstenson said:

Here is the Bot I found. To my knowledge, voidus has not completed the bot.

https://unbelievable.pizza/commands

I personally think we should use this for now. Some guilds are currently useless without an economy. What Voidus/Mraize are making is a little beyond what we need, which is just the economy part of this. Would anyone be willing to set it up? We could probably use the Alleyverse Discord or a new Discord.

I don't know. I have swung back around on this, I think that having a currency system is just needlessly complex, and poses unnecessary rules/restrictions. In addition, not many guilds would use it to survive/do anything. The Payoff, I think, isn't worth the effort needed to maintain/create it.

2 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

We will give out stuff for a price, but we won't be keeping track of how much money we have. The price of things will solely be a narrative device.

So just a thing of everyone has enough money for what they need?

• 2 weeks later...

I think that we should use the discord bot, I took a look at it and I think it makes sense that we use that. Having a clean-cut money system that people could use to get items or bribe people for information makes sense in the setting of the alleyverse. The GB could charge people for certain assassinations, and the whole thing would become a little more corrupt. which can make things VERY interesting.

if we have a vote, my vote is for the discord bot.