The Alleyverse (Defined)

Lord Meeker

Some of you have anticipated this post for a long while, well I am pleased to finally post this.

What is the Alleyverse?

The Alleyverse is an alternate universe in which all Brandon’s magic systems exist together. The official term for a denizen of the Alleyverse is a Homeless. How it came about is a mystery. Philosophers have suggested that its creation could have been by the hand of an Epic, a shard, or some other powerful being. The planet that the characters interact on resembles Earth. It has similar gravity, plate tectonics, and climate.

The Alleyvillage is located in the Alleyverse. It is an urbanized area wherein the guilds of the Alleyverse are headquartered and their members spend their time in. It is an inexplicable city, as it is filled with a wealth of natural resources, a concentration of magic, and a lack of central governance. The city is reminiscent of Elendel in Mistborn Era 2, although remarkably modern buildings can be seen interspersed among the castles and warehouses. There are plenty of homes, filled with NPCs who live ordinary lives. The climate is similar to that of North America, hot in the summer and cold in the winter. The main area is similar to the national mall in Washington DC.

Factions:

There are numerous guilds operating in the Alleyverse. In alphabetical order, they are:

The Canton of Combat

The Canton of Combat (CoC) is *To be inserted* (Nohadon needs to finish this)

The Canton

The Dark Alley

The Dark Alley is the best. Have a cookie on us.

The Alley

The Liebrary

The Leibrary is a group devoted to ending the lies of The Hated One, Alcatraz Smedry. He claims we seek to keep knowledge from the world, when in fact it is him who provides misinformation. This is only one part of what we do, however. We are also the official scribes of the Alleyverse. We record every major event, so if you have a question about the past, you should bring it to us.

The Liebrary

TUBA

The Underground Baker’s Association is a group of members dedicated to creating and distributing safe, non-hemalurgic baked goods. It was founded to oppose the Dark Alley and their hemalurgic ambitions and was behind the group known as the Light Alley. The group aims to create, share and find great recipes for baking, but it will defend itself if provoked. Join TUBA for the safe cookies, stay for the fun.

TUBA headquarters

The Ghostbloods

The Ghostbloods are an organization committed to the domination and control of the 17th Shard. This group has a focus on stealth, unobtrusiveness, and reconnaissance. The group is dedicated to compiling information on other guilds, baking recipes, and investiture. They are interested in the origins of the Alleyverse and have some plans for it.

This group can be hired to assassinate members in the Alleyverse and the Alleyvillage, they occasionally will attack other members if one maims their members or because one group set themselves above the Ghostbloods. The Ghostbloods are a neutral guild but will fight back until a group is wiped out or is inducted.

Ghostblood headquarters

Sticknaughts
This is a peaceful, neutral branch of the Church of the Stick that will interact with the other guilds. Being a member of this branch does not change any of the member's ties to other Guilds.

The Church

Hall of the Surges:

The Hall of the Surges is a guild of Surgebinders on a smaller scale than the Knights Radiant, though bound by the same Oaths. Where the Knights Radiant are divided into ten Orders serving Honor, the Hall of the Surges only has two factions, and all Orders (even other Orders than the ten from the Knights Radiant) are welcome in either faction. One faction serves Honor, while the other faction serves the Void (Odium). The factions, through interacting with one another a lot, may take separate decisions, like one faction allying up one with guild and another faction allying up with another.

The Mediators are less of a guild and more of police. During duels, they will be the ones to decide how much health is taken off of each fighter. There are 3 houses within the mediators. The biased, the unbiased, and the representatives. The biased are those who can make judgments for those duels that don’t involve the guilds they are in. The unbiased can step in and make judgments whenever they want. The representatives each are there as specific members of a guild. These are the people who will convene on rule changes or other major decisions.

If you recently joined, you may have noticed some Homeless in your introduction thread asking you to say a specific phrase or giving you a cookie. These are specific things from the Cosmere. Saying the phrase “My life to yours, my breath become yours” with intent will cause you to give up your Breath, basically your soul. The cookies that are given have a Hemalurgic spike in them. Explaining this contains slight Mistborn spoilers. For more information, look at the Coppermind articles below.

Biochromatic Breath & Hemalurgy

Warfare and Stuff:

Rules of Warfare

The Homeless can challenge one another to duels. If agreed upon, the above rules will be followed, with any changes that might want to be made, and the members will fight in a seperate thread in the roleplaying section. Fights are very simple. Each person starts with 100 HP and whatever their character has. A mediator is decided on beforehand to make judgements on how much is taken off or any other effects. Players can fight in any way they would like, although it might not necessarily be allowed by the mediator. The only other rule is to be reasonable in what you do. Here is a list of mediators.

Mediators:

@Mraize

@Archer

*Needs to be updated*

Edited by Mraize

4 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Also, I thought the GB's were disbanded. :ph34r:

Mraize said he wanted to keep it. He gave me a reason, but I will let him share that if he wishes.

@Mraize

7 minutes ago, kenod said:

Last time I checked, the DA wasn't a official faction because hemalurgy was OP?

Yeah, if @MacThorstenson or @Voidus agree it should probably be removed.

4 minutes ago, Mraize said:

So remove it completely?

I think we're still going by the 'anyone can be a mediator' idea, with no official titles. From my experience, people have seen who has done it before, and have just gone ahead and contacted me if they need one. It's fairly easy to find out who has experience mediating based on old transcripts of fights. 

10 minutes ago, Archer said:

I think we're still going by the 'anyone can be a mediator' idea, with no official titles. From my experience, people have seen who has done it before, and have just gone ahead and contacted me if they need one. It's fairly easy to find out who has experience mediating based on old transcripts of fights. 

Alright. So I am leaving it?

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, ShardBreaker said:

OK, cool. Question though. Couldn't somebody become super powerful by via hemalurgy? Say if an elantrian or a knights radiant got spiked. 

Yep. But you'd have to kill someone who already had that power. Since you have to ask to kill someone, that might be difficult.

2 hours ago, ShardBreaker said:

OK, cool. Question though. Couldn't somebody become super powerful by via hemalurgy? Say if an elantrian or a knights radiant got spiked. 

Thats why me and voidus don’t really do combat. We are the only rabid hemalurgy users in the RP, and because of that, we are really OP. We restrain ourselves by not entering combat often.