The craftsmen.

MacThorstenson

Laonin followed the clerk where he led. "You do indeed have quite the expansive facility here. Impressive." Laonin said as they descended a long staircase. Going through a door, the man left Laonin to wait. "Thank you" he said as the door closed on him. Laonin sat and fiddled with a small ring-puzzle he had built the other day, as he waited. Hearing the door open again, he put it away and stood up.

Seeing that his host had sat down, Laonin followed suit, and listened intently to what the man had to say. "Well, I share your assessment that the people in power seem to care not for those they have harmed in their struggles. I do not seek power though. In what way will you be working to help this city? You speak of an alliance of guilds, but the guilds are what got us into the situation in the first place, are they not? If you are only intending to gather a large following and try to beat the guilds at their own game, then I may have to decline joining your alliance. But if you truly intend to help the people of this city, people who have gone for so long without hope, or help, of any kind. Then there I think I would be overjoyed to work beside you. I have no large company at my disposal, no factories or large quantities of money. What I do have is an amazingly heartfelt group of individuals who all share my desire for a better Alleycity. I cannot speak for them, I would of course need to ask them if they are willing to participate in this, but if your intentions are true, then I can guarantee that at the very least I will be very glad to join the project."

@MacThorstenson

"Guilds was a poor choice of words, I meant the smaller companies. Guilds imply resources, I just need talent. As of now, I have dusk and the citadel on board, Alleyzon, the Arts Haven, and hopefully Trident manufacturing.

I don't intend to help the city, I intend to transform it. With the Craftsmens abilities in Dor programming we can make this city actually decent to live in. We can add electricity, running water, all sorts of amenities. Art's haven can help make the city actually beautiful. Trident can manufacture things, and mass produce it. Alleyzon can help with communication and shipping, and Dusk can provide natural materials. I've heard that you guys are working on fixing the city. Both physically and spiritually. Helping out the locals. That's good, and an important step. The Alleycity should belong to the people, but the new government doesn't look like it will help with that. 

I'm not going to lie to you, I fully intend to keep a firm control on the things we create. I am happy to put you in charge of them, but I will always be watching to make sure that the other guilds don't get their hands on it. The infrastructure that we put in place can easily be abused once people begin to rely on it. So in that sense, yes. We will probably bump heads with the government if they try to seize control. But it is for the people.

You were the last person I was going to reach out too. You are a leader among the people. You were the first person to try to make a change. For that, I commend you. Do you want a place in this?"

@Karnatheon

Laonin listened, and thought over what Mac said. It sounded like a dream come true. This was what he had been trying to work toward over the last year and a half. To try and motivate the city, bring the people up off of their knees, and get them running. With a feeling of true joy in his chest, he said "That honestly sounds beautiful. I understand, and agree, that a firm hand will need to be kept, in order to keep the pieces moving together. And yes, the guilds may try to take this for themselves, we will just need to make sure that doesn't happen. I thank you for your praise, I feel that I do not deserve it, even if some of the things you say about me are true. But yes, I do want a place here. What did you have in mind?"

@MacThorstenson

"I can get us there quickly, and anyone else who needs a ride. I'm choosing that place because the craftsmen complex isn't well structured toward biggish meetings, and I can't very well ask someone else to host a meeting I'm putting together." Mack called over an assistant and gave him a message to deliver to @Dr. Dapper, @Darth Woodrack @Ark1002 @Steel Inquisitive telling them to meet him in Newcago for the meeting.

"Follow me." Mack walked out into the hall to get to the tia room. This would be able to take them to Newcago instantaneously. "You ready? Anyone you want to bring with you?"

@Karnatheon

"Well, that is quite convenient. For as much as Investiture can cause death and destruction, I am glad to see it is just as easily used for creation. I let my people know I would be meeting with you, so I just need to send them a message saying I'm headed to Newcago, and if they choose to tag along, then they are free to do so. Thank you again."

@MacThorstenson

• 2 years later...

So I’m not going to lie, Mack is currently AWOL, canonically as well as literally. I have no idea where I left him, but I want him to come back. I’ll respond in a day or two when I sort out where he went and exactly how deranged he is.

@Gneorndin

Edited by MacThorstenson

I did find him, though I don't think he's in any place to sell new gear yet. I can come up with an NPC to sell you the cloak if you wish. Just reply in character to this post.

Ronald leaned back in his chair, his frail 70 year old frame fitting the rest of the dilapidated shop.told Mack that building a medieval styled shop front was less durable then modern construction, but nooooo, he wouldn't listen. Said it had to be "for the aesthetic". To be fair, if Mack were still around, the shop would likely be in good shape, Elantrines were able to fix things like that, yet still, a nuclear bomb blowing up significant portions of the city, a massive war against Plasma Core a couple decades later, and the general chaos that happens here had took a toll on the store. Furthermore, Mack took all the profits, and left him behind with a bit of money to sell the rest of the stock, while he went on some philanthropic spending spree to try and fix the rest of the city, and then he just disappeared. Storming slontze. 

Not many people came buy to buy stuff anymore anyways. So Ronald lived on the upper floor, semi retired at best, living off of the savings while the world fell to pieces, as it usually did. 

Ronald looked up, as the bell rang above the door. The new customer quickly asked about the shao cloaks.

"We do have those," He responded, reaching under the front counter, "and they do work for non elantrians."

He pulled a dark grey hooded cloak out from underneath the desk, and swung it around his shoulders. Oddly enough this one had two clasps on it. One appeared where a normal clasp was, and the other seemed to be attached from the inside of the cloak, such that if it were undone and hanging, no one looking at it would see it.

"This is how it works. When one or none of the clasps are engaged, the illusion is not visible," Ronald explained, "However when both of the clasps are engaged, an illusion specific to the cloak will be applied, giving you one specific disguise per cloak." 

As he said that, he attached both clasps. As soon as the second one was connected he grew 5 inches and turned into a 30 year old alethi soldier. The cloak grew to fit his new size, and it created an illusion over the second clasp, so no one would think it was odd. He reached up and disengaged the clasp, returning to his normal appearance. 

"Would you like one?" He asked, "If so, do you want your height and apparent weight to change? Or would you prefer it to stick to your dimensions pretty well."

@Gneorndin

"Very well," He pulled off his demo cloak and briefly disappeared behind the counter as he rumbled through some boxes of cloaks. Emerging after a few seconds, he held a cloak folded up.

"Here you go," He said, handing it to her. "Now to discuss the price. Do you have any cheese? Haven't had cheese in a while. A couple of pounds should be good enough. Don't care what type really."

Hey quick note is that rn in the RP, the DA is a secret organization, the cookies thread is out of character so we give out cookies there, but In character, no one knows about them right now.

Ronald perked up at the brownies, “I like brownies, that’s a deal.” He traded the cloak for her brownies, all the while wondering why she wanted to give him cookies from the district attorney. He didn’t even like the guy!