The craftsmen.

MacThorstenson

On 5/3/2018 at 7:43 AM, MacThorstenson said:

NOTE: Because of the large numbers of acolytes that I have, I don't need grunts or members that don't do anything. I am only accepting Craftsmen. They will specialize in a field and create new products. I will require them to tell me where their loyalties lie through PM (Don't worry, it wont be publicly revealed) and what they want to specialize in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Devaan and Silphio walk through the front door

"Hey Mac, I'm going to need a special request. You got a private room we can talk in?" Devaan asked

"woah, what is this place?" Silphio asks looking around, his luckspren, Seph swims through the air around the store, inspecting the items for sale

Fluffy the pet whitespine giggled

Mac stumbles around the corner, confused an bewildered, the crumbs of hundreds of cookies covering his clothes and face. He looked like he haven’t slept in weeks. 

“Uh sure maybe. Come in. I need a brake from trying to cheat death. Not making any progress.”

Glancing around, he sees that @Nohadon was long gone and that his request may no longer be valid.

“oh well, if he needs it he can Pm me.”

He then presses the panic button on the wall, calling the mines and fixing the 4th wall. 

At the mime switchboard room, a mime pretended to receive Mac's call. She then forwarded the location to MimeCo. #4981, the local branch of mime repairmen. The mimes then took off at top speed on their invisible tandem bike to find the leak. They would have sung as they worked, but they're mimes so they just played music from an invisible radio. 

While the mimes did their thing, Mac looked through the pile of mail that had built up during his weeks of searching for his goal. Near the bottom he found a note from voidus himself asking him to participate in some battle or something. Beneath it he found requests from his allies, and his friends. People he had spent years building up relationships with, beggin with him, pleading with him, to help them in this battle thingamabobber. 

Selfish brats. Begging me to think outside of myself for a little bit to help them. Nope, no way am I doing that. If I go to that battle I could die. The nerve of those people. Absolutely self centered. Not caring one whit about me or my quest for world domination/eternal life. Jerks. 

He went on to burn the letters. 

Edited by MacThorstenson

Atticus walks in. "I need to buy three automatic turrets targeting hemalurgic abominations. I would also like two that are keyed to be useable only to Yzabet and me. I'll pay in Chrysts."

Atticus grows bored of waiting and walks out.

Edited by Ark1002

9 hours ago, AonEne said:

Ene walks in somewhat nervously, pushing her hair back behind her ears. "Excuse me?" She glances around, wondering if anyone is there. "Do you sell jewelry? You were the closest I could find to a jeweler's..."

Deep inside of the New super secret underwater base, One of the Craftsmen sees a light flash. Someone was inside the store! Second customer in 16 years! Gotta take them up on it. They ran to the teleportation room and stepped on a special aon Tia, teleporting them into the shop.

They run around the corner, and ask "You said you wanted jewelry? We can do jewelry. What modifications do you need?"

"I would like two rings, please. A band with Feruchemical copper and the inscription Shared Memories, and another made of...whatever, a sturdy metal, but coated in aluminum to make it impervious to Pushing and Pulling. On the second one, I would like a Stormlight-infused heliodor." She wonders how much they'll cost, and in what form of money. Well, the employee she's speaking to will probably tell her.

@Apollyon, you can change anything about yours if you want. I guessed :P

Mac, I know the Alleyverse has an economic system, but I'm not part of it. Any specific way I should pay?

The man scribbled down the instructions, and grabbed a pricing chart. 

“Let’s see, that will be... the eternal servitude of you two and any offspring that you produce.” He glances up and saw the look of horror on @AonEne‘s face. 

“Well I suppose that I could cut you a deal and ask for you to do us a favor at some later date. Mack will let you know what it is when the time comes. Sorry, we would use Chrysts but we don’t currently have an account in the bank, so we can’t use that.”

Don’t worry, the favor won’t be anything too demanding. 

Um, all right. Hopefully I won't regret this.

Thank goodness he'd rescinded the eternal servitude option; she didn't know where else to find wedding rings. "Thank you, sir. Do you have an estimate on when the jewelry will be done?"

Edited by AonEne
I keep forgetting to use third person for this XD

“We will deliver it to you on the day when it’s needed, just let us know the day before, calculating time travel can take a while.” The man replied. 

I’m not sure what day the event is, and Idk when I’ll be able to be on so you guys can god mod my employees to bring the jewelry when it’s needed, and don’t worry. You won’t regret it 

THE NEXT DAY...

The craftsman stepped away from the counter having just put on the aluminum plating on the final ring. Quickly, he ran over to the spanreed and sent a message to @AonEne that the rings were completed. He then put them in a specially designed aluminum plated steel lock box, to try and protect them from the usual types of damage that can happen in the alleyverse, and walked to the entrance hall to give them to the client.

Edited by MacThorstenson

Seeing an employee walking out from wherever they made this stuff, Ene grinned. The spanreed message had said the rings were finished; it appeared to be true. They really had completed the jewelry the day after she'd asked for it! Impressive.

"Thank you," she said, accepting the box she was handed. "You'll contact me when you want that...favor...right?"

this takes place some time after the current events of the Waystop, the chronology's gonna be a bit wonky, since I still have to write other stuff in the actual Waystop itself.

A young woman with a cloak and a hood that covered some of her face walked into the shop. "Good morning." She begun without a hint of emotion, "we've got a commission for you. It's probably going to be expensive, we need to discuss pricing first before we can confirm the deal." She concluded.

Edited by Cyanic

Ok. I may want to bring in Mack for this, how much later are we talking about.

A young, fresh faced clerk jerks up at the sight of the customer walking in. After hearing his request, he nods, then spanreeds HQ. 

“what kinda deal are we talking about, we may need to bring in the boss to negotiate this, I’m not sure I have the authority,”

@Cyanic

probably a few days to make all the necessary posts real time and a few days in-universe too

"I have a list for exactly what we want," she waved a sheet of paper in her hand, "but it's basically a shardplate," she put the list on the counter. "I also have two of the necessary parts with me right now." She put her bag on the ground and took out a necklace. She folded her cloak back and wore the necklace. Tapping on it twice, it made a helmet. (piece of armor from Devaan) One side was melted, but it was still operational. She tapped the necklace again, dismissing the helmet and put it on the counter. "It's slightly damaged, but we only need some components from it."

She also took out another thing from her bag, a mechanical-looking spine, with a few pieces of other machinery and plating still attached to it. She groaned as she lifted the thing with both hands and put it on the counter. "A spine piece from some advanced armor." (spine and some wiring from one of the defeated Chaos Marine's power armor)

"I'm not sure if some of those on the list are even possible, but I heard you're the best." She said as she put the hood back over her head.

I'll actually PM you the list.

Edited by Cyanic

16 minutes ago, Cyanic said:

"I have a list for exactly what we want," she waved a sheet of paper in her hand, "but it's basically a shardplate... an extremely strange and expensive shardplate." She put the list on the counter. "I also have two of the necessary parts with me right now." She put her bag on the ground and took out a necklace. She folded her cloak back and wore the necklace. Tapping on it twice, it made a helmet. (piece of armor from Devaan) One side was melted, but it was still operational. She tapped the necklace again, dismissing the helmet and put it on the counter. "It's slightly damaged, but we only need some components from it."

She also took out another thing from her bag, a mechanical-looking spine, with a few pieces of other machinery and plating still attached to it. She groaned as she lifted the thing with both hands and put it on the counter. "A spine piece from some advanced armour." (spine and some wiring from one of the defeated Chaos Marine's power armor)

"I'll be honest that I have no idea if some of those on the list are even possible." She said as she put the hood back over her head.

@MacThorstenson

Sorry, can't make another post tonight. Ill toss around some ideas and get back to you in 12 or so hours.