Duralumin

BitBitio

Regarding your first point, there's this from a couple of years ago: 

Bithorp

On the Coppermind there is this idea that if a natural Mistborn burned Duralumin and then Lerasium it would empower them to godly levels. Would this actually happen or would another effect happen.

Brandon Sanderson

That actually wouldn't work, but it is a clever idea.

source

Since Compounding is using Preservation's power like allomancy duraluminium boosting could work.

Might let your feruchemical charge be more compressed, so you get more efficient returns from tapping large amounts of an attribute instead of having to use some of the power to compress it.

9 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Neither of these would work - duralumin condenses burning time to a brief moment, but does not actually give any more power (at least we do not know it does).

Duralumin burning Lerasium definitely wouldn't do anything special. You would still be a Lerasium Mistborn of the same power level as any other Lerasium Mistborn.

Burning duralumin while burning a metal you'd previously stored an attribute in....I'm not sure. It could just release all of the Compounded power at once, or it might not do anything.  You definitely wouldn't get more power out of it, you'd at most, release all of the power at once, which could have....interesting repercussions. For about 2 seconds anyway :D

10 hours ago, Voidus said:

Might let your feruchemical charge be more compressed, so you get more efficient returns from tapping large amounts of an attribute instead of having to use some of the power to compress it.

Actually I think it could lead to more loss from compressing since more would be released at once, effectively making you tap large amount in very short time.

Or it could not affect efficiency at all :huh:

35 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Actually I think it could lead to more loss from compressing since more would be released at once, effectively making you tap large amount in very short time.

Or it could not affect efficiency at all :huh:

It could do any of the three, increase the compression, decrease it because you're taking out a higher amount or keep it the same, I don't think that we have anything to really say what it would do I was just speculating on a possibility. But I'd say from a meta perspective it would probably keep the charge the same because Brandon's already made compounding overpowered, I doubt he'd add a way to make it even more so just by burning Duralumin.

• Chaos locked this topic