Seventh Heightening

Apollyon

If you were to have the Seventh Heightening (Invested Breath Recognition) would you be able to tell if something was lashed, or someone was burning metals, etc.? Basically, is the Seventh Heightening almost like burning bronze?

I think It would work also as Kinetic Investiture detector.

Of course Almost nobody will be' able to reach the seventh heightening. Only the godking currently has that much of Breath

It's worded in a way that suggests it only works on BioChroma but the same can be said for the Ars Arcanum description of A-Copper/Bronze being able to hide/detect allomantic pulses when we have WoB that those work for feruchemy and non-Scadrian forms of Investiture as well. And we know that BioChromatic 'life-sense' can be affected by things like Aviar talents so it would be very unusual if it didn't work the other way and various aspects of BioChroma could be used to detect other forms of Investiture.

• 3 weeks later...

@Weltall do you know where the WoB is? i didn’t know A-bronze could sense feurochemy! i guess we haven’t gotten to see as much of the A-bronze action in era 2 as we did in mistborn era 1 ):

side thought- i always wondered if somebody burning A-bronze could sense the tunes that parshendi can hear...

3 minutes ago, etmental said:

@Weltall do you know where the WoB is? i didn’t know A-bronze could sense feurochemy! i guess we haven’t gotten to see as much of the A-bronze action in era 2 as we did in mistborn era 1 ):

Here you go.

Chaos (paraphrased)

We asked if it was possible to use bronze to Seek Feruchemy.

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

He said it could be possible. If it were to happen, it was very hard, because the Inquisitors would desperately like to be able to find Feruchemists that way, and it was implied they had not discovered this power. So, it is a freaking hard technique to learn, if possible at all.

source

zas678

Can you detect Feruchemy with bronze Allomancy?

Brandon Sanderson

It is actually possible but it's very difficult. There's a tweak that you need to do to make it work and I haven't talked about that yet. They do not know how to do it… on Scadrial. But you can theoretically detect all kinds of active Investiture. Investiture that's being used. Kinetic Investiture would be the way to call it.

source

side thought- i always wondered if somebody burning A-bronze could sense the tunes that parshendi can hear...

Brandon says: Yes.

Aethenoth

Can an Allomantic bronze burner hear the Rhythms on Roshar?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, this is possible.

source

@etmental

Couldn't find the wob, but here

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/crkq16a/?context=3

and here help

On 10/8/2015 at 0:14 PM, Chaos said:

Someone asked Brandon about Allomantic bronze detecting Feruchemy. Brandon responded with yes, but no one on Scadrial knows how to do this (at least now). The interesting thing is that Brandon said that Allomantic bronze could theoretically detect any "Kinetic Investiture". Note that I am capitalizing Kinetic there, as Innate Investiture was. Pretty awesome to get that new term. I am assuming it is the difference between a metalmind being Invested and actually using Feruchemy, or a person having a lot of Breath and someone actually Awakening.

• Chaos locked this topic