How did you imagine Spheres when you first read this book series?

4 hours ago, Scion of the Mists said:

Wow.  I get to provide the WOB to support RShara's post.  Definitely the first time that's happened... :D

I was just to lazy to copy/paste it ;) Thanks!

22 minutes ago, Weedolfin said:

It's funny, although their literally called "spheres", I always imagined then coin shaped, kinda glassy and shining I guess? When I realized they were marbly, it messed me up lol

it still works out though because I like keeping small colored glass containers that are transparent to hold them in.  I really like them when the light hits them and creates small shards (heh) of light on the glass of my living room table in the afternoon.  I like wind chimes with lots of colors as well so it's all kinda "sandersonlike" for lack of a better term.  And yes, I do call thunderstorms (and worse) High storms/everstorms!~ :)

Edited by Illythyrra Dark

I always imagined them as marbles sized, with chips the size of a fingernail and broams a little bigger than a thumbnail, with little uncut gemstones inside (I imagined the gemstones as only a small fraction of the marbles size). I always saw them as perfectly spherical except for a small sliver cut off on the bottom just wide enough to balance it (we are talking ~1 cm here).

To the contrary, I always saw Shadesmar beads as about twice as big as a tennis ball.

I remember there was a time that someone in the book went there and ended up almost choking on them by having them go into her mouth.  They can't be bigger than tennis ball size if thats teh case.

• Chaos locked this topic