The System of Justice

Gancho Libre

15 hours ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

I protest, what if the GBs want to kill him to further their own agenda? No one else is immune from us, why should a criminal like Mac get special treatment? Also why dose @Mistspren (a biased member of TUBA) get to make lasting judgements. What gives this court power? Have delgets from all the guilds agreed on rules and regulations like what we did with the rules of war?

Btw, I know this point is moot because the GBs were disbanded, I am arguing this point because as the first legal case we are making history, we need to make sure that we are setting a good precedent (witch we are not)

This court gets its power because both sides agreed that this judge would be impartial. I'm confused about how this would affect any guild besides the GB's, so that would mistspren making judgement affect that?

I chose the judge based on how the biased mediators were supposed to work. Mediating conflicts between parties that they didn't have a vested interest in.

15 hours ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

I move that this be categorized as a mistrial until we can meet as delgets and create actual legal codes. The fact that we had a trial implies we want order, so I find the idea of a chaotic trial loosely and unofficially based around American courts systems completely irrational. This isn't order its ill-disguised chaos. 

We don't need legal codes. The one and only time this would happen, is because half of the guilds didn't bother to send in reps for the house, and we needed to try an unbiased. Idealy, they would be the ones running a trial, and judging things on a case by case basis. This sets no precedent because this is the only case of this that will happen.

If you wish to appeal the ruling, take it to the house, which as of right now consists of: 

liebrary: @Gancho Libre

GB's: Still need one. (@Mraize)

TUBA: @Stormblessed Dolphin

Sticks: @Snipexe

CoC: Still need one. (@Nohadon)

"Storms," Mac looked around and saw that people's hate for him was subsiding and they were becoming responsible again. Dangit. I was supposed to be dead by now. Guess I need to do it myself. He carefully and subtly removed a atium spike from his pack, and placed it over his mid thigh. He then leaned over to @Voidus and whispered, "Make sure the note I left you is followed to the letter," Then standing up he shouted, "Long live the Dark Alley!" He stabbed himself, spiking out his ability to be unbiased and placed the spike in voidus' hand as he fell to the floor. Realizing that he was still alive, he grabbed @Kidpen hand and whispered "My breaths to yours, my life be- dang it wait no, uhh, My life to yours, my Breath become yours." Then slumped to the ground as his divine breath left him and healed Kidpens paper cut that they got prepping for the trial.

Didn't want to wait much longer. My new character will be coming up soon.

Edited by MacThorstenson