The System of Justice

Gancho Libre

It has come to my attention that, with all of the drama going on in the present, we are in need of a justice system, where we can try and punish any troublemakers who disregard the laws of the Alleyverse. If this is better suited for the Guilds forum, just tell me.

Here is how it will work: One person will come to this thread demanding justice. The other will try to defend themselves. Then, a chosen group (some who are affiliated with the defendant, some affiliated with the prosecutor, and one who knows neither) will vote.

If there are any suggestions for this system, please say them!

For the first case I want to present, I would like to bring @MacThorstenson to the thread. This supposed 'Unbiased' is not what he says he is. Some of you may have heard of the Ghostblood's secrets being revealed to the public. This was done by Mac. Mac, who was trusted as an Unbiased, was given access to the Ghostblood's discord so we could plan assassinations with him or something. and he had access to other discords, so we figured he wouldn't betray us.

And you all know the rest. 

He made a deal with @Kidpen, giving away our information, putting one guild over the other. This is something they are specifically told not to do.

Some of you may want to side with Mac on this. After all, he stopped a Ghostblood plot, right? Allow me to set this straight: this will be a terrible precedent to set if it goes by unpunished. If this is not defended, soon there will be a multitude of Unbiased that, when accused of being, well, biased, will bring this up again. We will be forced to let them go unpunished. Yes, our plot was terrible for other guilds, but the danger I fear right now are people, who were trusted to never put one guild over the other, betray anyone they want. I am not bringing Mac here for stopping our plan, I'm bringing him here for giving another guild power over us.

We were stopped for trusting someone who could be trusted. That is something every guild does. Every guild trusts other guilds or people. And in those cases, a betrayal is harmful, but nor illegal. Here, however, a betrayal is against their role that they took up. Look here for his promise. 

I call for punishment of highest degree, as the failure of an Unbiased calls for such. I say he is executed by firing squad. If we let him live, again, we will have to do the same for others.

This is my case.

3 minutes ago, Gancho Libre said:

For the first case I want to present, I would like to bring @MacThorstenson to the thread. This supposed 'Unbiased' is not what he says he is. Some of you may have heard of the Ghostblood's secrets being revealed to the public. This was done by Mac. Mac, who was trusted as an Unbiased, was given access to the Ghostblood's discord so we could plan assassinations with him or something. and he had access to other discords, so we figured he wouldn't betray us.

And you all know the rest. 

He made a deal with @Kidpen, giving away our information, putting one guild over the other. This is something they are specifically told not to do.

Some of you may want to side with Mac on this. After all, he stopped a Ghostblood plot, right? Allow me to set this straight: this will be a terrible precedent to set if it goes by unpunished. If this is not defended, soon there will be a multitude of Unbiased that, when accused of being, well, biased, will bring this up again. We will be forced to let them go unpunished. Yes, our plot was terrible for other guilds, but the danger I fear right now are people, who were trusted to never put one guild over the other, betray anyone they want. I am not bringing Mac here for stopping our plan, I'm bringing him here for giving another guild power over us.

We were stopped for trusting someone who could be trusted. That is something every guild does. Every guild trusts other guilds or people. And in those cases, a betrayal is harmful, but nor illegal. Here, however, a betrayal is against their role that they took up. Look here for his promise. 

I call for punishment of highest degree, as the failure of an Unbiased calls for such. I say he is executed by firing squad. If we let him live, again, we will have to do the same for others.

This is my case.

So I guess that means Unbiased can't judge a case?

I think that either a rep from TUBA or the CoC should be the judge. Gancho, I assume you will be the prosecution for the GB's? And my lawyer will most likely be kidpen.

Lets wait until everyone agrees before starting this

I will consent to judge this case, and while acting as judge will drop all Alleyverse ties and rule with impartiality, so help me Adonalsium. While I am judge, I am to be referred to as "Your Honor" and treated with the respect given to justices in the American legal system, as that is what we are basing this trial off of.

We will be treating this as a civil case, under the name Libre v. Thorstenson.

I expect our proceedings will go as follows, a formal indictment by Gancho Libre, followed by opening statements from both parties, any interviewings of witnesses that may occur, who must be sworn in, and if found to be lying, can be brought to trial for perjury. The plaintiff will present evidence first, followed by the defendent. After that, there will be a rebuttal by the plaintiff, followed by closing statements.

If we include a jury, we will need to vote to accept them before the start of the trial. At this point in their trial, they will provide a verdict, reached in a PM, and I will give a judgement and sentencing. The trial may be appealed to a higher court if lost, and some error is found in the proceedings.

If we are to include a jury, they must be fairly active, as well as impartial. I also suggest we hold the trial in a separate thread, where all non inworld comments are either to be placed in quotes or color-changed.

Thank you for selecting me as your judge.

Edited by Mistspren

Ok. In that case, all power for decision making rests in my hands. I will not abuse this power, but if anybody tries to bribe me or threaten me, they will be held in contempt by the court.

I am making the thread for this to occur in now.

Edited by Mistspren