The Hall of the Surges

Leyrann

Welcome, to the Hall of the Surges!

Urithiru is a great city, don't get me wrong, but there's people who prefer something else. And that's what the Hall of the Surges is for. Here, Knights Radiant of all Orders intermingle freely, without the need to adhere to their Order's line. Of course, the less official structure compared to Urithiru means that you'll be more likely to find Surgebinders loyal - secretly or openly - to Odium here. Which is why we've given them seperate quarters.

Anyways. This is the main hall, which is open to all who wish to visit. If you wish, you can take a moment to admire the breathtaking paintings one of our Lightweavers put on the ceiling. Here on the left, we have the House of Honor, which is where the Knights loyal to Honor have their home. On the right, you can find the Vault of the Void, where the Knights that follow Odium live. Here in the Hall itself, contact hopefully remains civil, and otherwise there's the door over there that leads to the Dueling Grounds. That's members only though, no visitors. Of course, duels can be fought elsewhere as well, if planned in advance. The doors over there in the front, you ask? Most of them are to the Council of the Knights, which is for members that have joined a faction only, and that last door is just for staff.

Let's get into the details. This guild will be part of the Alleyverse and will consist of Surgebinders - though Worldhoppers are welcome, as long as they can Surgebind (possibly among other powers) and are balanced at Alleyverse level. Everyone who wishes to is free to join, regardless of other alliances. After joining, you get to choose between the Knights of Honor and the Knights of the Void, though you do not have to choose immediately if you want to get to know the guild first. Please note that, after joining either faction, you are not allowed to change your faction, except in currently unforseen circumstances.

If you cannot Surgebind, you can instead opt to become someone's squire (with their consent, obviously), allowing you to use the same Surgebinder powers as long as you are close to them. You will also automatically join the same faction they are part of. Though there will be no hard limit, try to limit the amount of squires a single Radiant has to 2-3 unless the Radiant is a Windrunner, to keep with what from the books seems to be appropriate.

The factions both have a faction leader (the Paragon of Honor and the Lord of the Void), and they may have separate alliances with other guilds. As leader of the entire Hall of the Surges, I will, depending on need, be neutral or fill in for one of the factions.

Also, non-canon Order characters are accepted as long as the Order is properly worked out and balanced (see the About Me on my profile for the Skyshifter example). Please note that you are expected to follow the Oaths of your Order, no matter whether you join the Knights of Honor or the Knights of the Void - I'm already looking forward to how people will interpret their Oaths in unexpected ways (be honest, you all want to be an evil Knight Radiant).

Some short skirmishing between members of different factions on this thread or one of the common discord channels is okay, but if you get into a real fight, please move to discord's dueling grounds, a thread in the roleplaying forum or a PM.

Here is the discord channel, which is open to all (though most channels are restricted to certain ranks only): https://discord.gg/pacZWQT

Membership:

Guild Leader:
@Leyrann: Skyshifter of the Third Ideal (Gravitation/Transportation).

Paragon of Honor:
@I am Witless: Edgedancer of the Fourth Ideal (Abrasion/Progression).

Lord of the Void:
@Nerd3.14159265358979: Truthwatcher of the Third Ideal (Progression/Illumination).

Knights of Honor:
@Mistspren: Stoneward of the Fourth Ideal (Cohesion/Tension).
@Rebecca: Windrunner of the Second Ideal (Adhesion/Gravitation).
@Mraize: Elsecaller of the Third Ideal (Transformation/Transportation).
@LIFE&DEATH: Skydancer of the Third Ideal (Gravitation/Abrasion).
@ShardBreaker: Skybreaker of the Third Ideal (Gravitation/Division).
@Stormblessed Dolphin: Lightweaver of Second Truth (Third Ideal) (Illumination/Transformation).
@The Thinking Herald: Elseward of the Third Ideal (Transformation/Cohesion).
@Eccentric Hero: Truthwatcher of the Third Ideal (Progression/Illumination).

Knights of the Void:
@AonEne: Windweaver of the Second Ideal (Gravitation/Transformation).

@Voidus: Elsecaller of the Second Ideal (Transformation/Transportation).
@Gancho Libre: Skydancer of the Third Ideal (Gravitation/Abrasion).
@Kidpen: Windrunner of the Second Ideal (Adhesion/Gravitation).

Squires of Honor:
@Archer: Squire to I am Witless (Edgedancer).
@ElephantEarwax: Squire to I am Witless (Edgedancer).
@Kaj: Squire to Life&Death (Skydancer).

Squires of the Void:
@I think I am here.: Squire to Voidus (Elsecaller).

Members that have not yet joined a faction:
None currently.

Non-canonical Orders and unknown Oaths of canonical Orders:

Truthwatcher oaths:

Spoiler

1st Ideal: Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.

2nd Ideal: I will seek further truth to the best of my ability.

3rd Ideal: I will do all I can to bring truth, knowledge and equality to others.

Elsecaller oaths:

Spoiler

1st Ideal: Life Before Death, Strength Before Weakness, Journey Before Destination

2nd Ideal: I will acquire acumen from those who have come before me.

3rd Ideal: I will use my knowledge for a wise purpose.

Stoneward oaths:

Spoiler

Second oath: I will stand when others fall.

Third oath: I will find a way to succeed, even when no path is visible.

Fourth oath: I will hold the weight of responsibilities others have shirked.

Fifth oath: I am duty.

Elsewards:

Spoiler

The Elsewards

Oaths:

1st Ideal: Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination

2nd Ideal: I will seek knowledge in order to carry out my duties.

3rd Ideal: I will use wisdom for the furthering of my goals and responsibilities.

4th Ideal: I will hold fast to my logical decisions, even when others tell me to abandon them.

5th Ideal: I am resolution.

I welcome aid in amending these oaths.

Surges: Transformation and Cohesion. Together, these allow me as an Elseward to not only change objects but to shape them as well.

Traits: Wisdom and Dependability.

Spren: Decisionspren. Appear as greyish, intricate orbs accompanying their Radiant.

Attributes: They usually take long amounts of time to settle on any one course of action, judging the positive and negative outcomes of such actions before taking them. Once they make a decision, however, they stick with it, almost stubbornly, despite other people's warnings against doing so. Have a serious view on life, and usually don't communicate too well with others who may be more carefree. However, when around like-minded people, nothing stops them from going on and on about logic and learning.

Resonance: Can Soulcast almost anything into almost anything else, including Soulcasting human bodies. When shaping, often end up with intricate and detailed results, shaping armour from stone itself and the like.

Skydancers:

Spoiler

Skydancers

Spren: Freedomspren - look like a person formed out of a liquid mirror. Can change shape and size. (Up to a foot large, and .25 of an inch small)

Gemstone: Charoite

Oaths

1st Ideal: Life Before Death, Strength Before Weakness, Journey Before Destination

2nd Ideal: I will liberate those who's freedom has been denied

3rd Ideal: I will avoid reckless oaths, as they can lead to the breaking of oaths.

4th Ideal: I will avoid giving death as much as possible, as it denies freedom of Life (Soul is unable to swear this, due to extreme bloodlust and Aluminum interference.) 

Attributes: Carefree, tend to not take things seriously, sarcastic with a humorous view on life, love all forms of art, especially music and dancing, very passionate and dangerously stubborn when angered.

Resonance: Increased acceleration for lashing and gliding.

Known for: Breaking rules, helping everyone around them, fighting very dirty, the more pacifist types are very diplomatic, the more violent types are amazing warriors. Pasifists have an easier time swearing the oaths. Bloodthirsty Skydancers can swear all oaths with greater effort, but Soul is stopped from increasing his Oaths because of both bloodlust and Aluminum Savantism interference. If either of them were removed, he could increase his oaths.

Skyshifters:

Spoiler

Skyshifters

Spren: Blinkspren

Surges: Gravitation/Transportation

Gemstone: Azurite

Attributes: Impulsive, optimistic

The Skyshifters have a mobility unparalleled by any, even the Windrunners and the Elsecallers. Being able to change the pull of gravity at will as well as being able to teleport from one place to another, they are masters of combat, appearing everywhere their enemies do not want them to be, and as if that were not enough, you might just get tossed into the air, only to find the Skyshifter ready and waiting.

The Skyshifter resonance grants them a natural ability to reorient themselves, granting them even more of an advantage in battle, as they will always know immediately how to Lash and how they are currently Lashed - even if they just shifted from one place to another by Elsecalling.

Skyshifters are known for taking action without thinking about the consequences, which can make them a headache for other orders, but their optimistic nature tends to make up for much of that.

First Oath: Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.

Second Oath: I will help those who are in need.

Third Oath: I will stand for what is right, even if doing so puts me at risk.

Fourth Oath: I will consider any advice, even if it comes from someone I disagree with completely.

Fifth Oath: I am ready.

Windweavers:

Spoiler

Surges: Gravitation, Transformation 

Spren: Soundspren - look and feel like orbs of water in the air. Can adjust size and color. 

Ideals: Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination. 

Second: I will answer those who have questions. 

Third: I will understand that which is not understood. 

Fourth: I will treasure all knowledge and keep it from harm that may befall it. 

Fifth: I will remember all I can. 

Windweaver Attributes: 

Most love to read and write, and have VERY good word retention. They are also adept at remembering other things. They are often unaccustomed to fighting, preferring lives of study and exploration. They do not have a hierarchy, save for being respectful to those who know more than you. As a whole, the order is very Cosmere aware, but they only share this if they are asked. 

Resonance: Superior intuition.

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Hey Leyrann. I'd like to join this thing please.

You're not a Surgebinder though... Still unsure whether requiring people to be Surgebinders is too strict...

5 hours ago, Soul said:

I would also like to join

Added. Also, can you make a short writeup of the Winddancers which includes, beyond their Oaths, their attributes, their spren and what they are generally known for (though, of course, your character may not fit that well). Oh, and their resonance.

4 hours ago, Voidus said:

I have a rock that's been spiked with a piece of my soul which has Elsecaller powers. Can that join?

Sure. What Ideal is the Rock at? (edit: I just realized I automatically capitalized "Rock" lol)

1 hour ago, Mistspren said:

I’d like to join as well, as a Knight of Cultivation. :ph34r:

If that’s not allowed, Honor will suffice. :D

Added to the Knights of Honor. Can't find your character sheet though.

Have a look around everyone, and once you've decided, tell me which faction you want to join and I'll update it and add you to the faction on discord.

Edited by Leyrann

WindDancers

Spren: Freedomspren - look like a person formed out of a liquid mirror. Can change shape and size. (Up to a foot large, and .25 of an inch small)

Oaths

3rd Ideal: I will avoid reckless oaths, as they can lead to the breaking of oaths.

4th Ideal: I will avoid giving death as much as possible, as it denies freedom of Life (Soul is unable to swear this, due to extreme bloodlust and Aluminum interference.) 

Attributes: Carefree, tend to not take things seriously, sarcastic with a humorous view on life, love all forms of art, especially music and dancing, very passionate and dangerously stubborn when angered.

Known for: Breaking rules, helping everyone around them, fighting very dirty, the more pacifist types are very diplomatic, the more violent types are amazing warriors. Pasifists have an easier time swearing the oaths. Bloodthirsty WindDancers can swear all oaths with greater effort.

Im still thinking about resonance but I will edit this ASAP to include it.

Edited by Soul

5 minutes ago, Soul said:

WindDancers

Oaths

Known for: Breaking rules, helping everyone around them, fighting very dirty, the more pacifist types are very diplomatic, the more violent types are amazing warriors. Pasifists have an easier time swearing the oaths. Bloodthirsty WindDancers can swear all oaths with greater effort, but Soul is stopped from increasing his Oaths because of both bloodlust and Aluminum Savantism interference. If either of them were removed, he could increase his oaths.

Thanks. I will add it to the first post under a spoiler tag.

You may also want to decide on a gemstone by the way, from what we've seen it appears those are what determines eye colour (if you were darkeyed originally) and, if you ever say the Fourth Ideal, the colour of your armor.

Edited by Leyrann

17 minutes ago, Archer said:

Leyrann, can I make a separate character from my current Alleyverse one and use that? 

I actually asked... I think it was Voidus, about this, he said it was best to keep character per person to a minimum, which I actually agree with to be honest, as otherwise it just gets too confusing, not to mention that you could have seperate characters with conflicting alliances.

I'm considering some kind of special faction(s) however, so people can be part of the guild despite not being Surgebinders. Haven't yet decided between one for each faction (including access to faction specific channels) or a third, neutral faction. First would probably be more fun but also requires more active members because there's 4 instead of 3 factions that need to be populated.

So yeah, I'm working on it. If other people are also interested in joining despite not being a Surgebinder, make sure to mention it.

3 hours ago, Leyrann said:

I actually asked... I think it was Voidus, about this, he said it was best to keep character per person to a minimum, which I actually agree with to be honest, as otherwise it just gets too confusing, not to mention that you could have seperate characters with conflicting alliances.

I'm considering some kind of special faction(s) however, so people can be part of the guild despite not being Surgebinders. Haven't yet decided between one for each faction (including access to faction specific channels) or a third, neutral faction. First would probably be more fun but also requires more active members because there's 4 instead of 3 factions that need to be populated.

So yeah, I'm working on it. If other people are also interested in joining despite not being a Surgebinder, make sure to mention it.

What if you could only be a squire to another member if you were not a surgebinder? You could be a lower rank than others, and not have the surgebinding powers unless you were with that other member. That being said, it is also good if you limited it to just surgebinders. Either one could be a good idea.

41 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

What if you could only be a squire to another member if you were not a surgebinder? You could be a lower rank than others, and not have the surgebinding powers unless you were with that other member. That being said, it is also good if you limited it to just surgebinders. Either one could be a good idea.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Great idea.

So @Archer Find someone who's willing to take you as a squire.

All I now need to figure out exactly which channels squires do and do not have access to...

Edited by Leyrann

When you capitalized Rock, were you talking about Rock or Rock? 

May I join? I can add more character details if need be, but Ivy is a Windweaver of the Second Ideal. Her spren is named Whisper, and is male. She is a Knight of the Void, following Odium, whom she refers to as 'Passion' rather than 'Odium'. 

Windweavers: 

Surges: Gravitation, Transformation 

Spren: Soundspren - look and feel like orbs of water in the air. Can adjust size and color. 

Ideals: Standard First Ideal 

Second: I will answer those who have questions. 

Third: I will understand that which is not understood. 

Fourth: I will treasure all knowledge and keep it from harm that may befall it. 

Fifth: I will remember all I can. 

Windweaver Attributes: 

Most love to read and write, and have VERY good word retention. They are also adept at remembering other things. They are often unaccustomed to fighting, preferring lives of study and exploration. They do not have a hierarchy, save for being respectful to those who know more than you. As a whole, the order is very Cosmere aware, but they only share this if they are asked. 

What is resonance? As soon as I know, I'll update this to have it. 

While trying to think of Ideals, I considered these: I will inform those who are stupid and I will help Hoid. I found both amusing, so I'm sharing them. Though neither are at all serious, of course. 

Edited by AonEne

@AonEne Nice! The first Knight of the Void.

I'll add you to the member list.

A resonance is something that you get if you can use two different types of Invesitture (two Surges, an allomantic plus a feruchemic ability, etc). Typically it's a pretty minor thing, like how Windrunners have as resonance that they get extra squires, or how Lightweavers seem to have a supernatural ability to inspire others to become better people. It can be related in a way to the powers, but often not directly. Also, if you can use a lot of powers, like a full mistborn, the resonances get drown out; it's mostly something you get with two, or maybe three or four, powers.

Also make sure you join the discord; it's really quiet in the Vault of the Void right now. It'll probably remain quiet anyways as long as you're the only one, but still... At least I won't be the only one with access. :) 

Also two more things: I'm happy to see the TUBA members that join don't all flock to the Knights of Honor, I have to admit I thought that might happen, and I was hoping it would not because then it would have become a TUBA outpost which isn't the intention. Also, I like how you built your Order in a way that makes for a good Order, and yet gives a lot of leeway in the interpretation so you can join the Knights of the Void.

Edited by Leyrann

What do you guys think a Knight of Crystallia would be for a Radiant? Kalmar still has quite a bit to go, but eventually he will die/leave. I'm thinking I want a crystin knight after that, but I'm not sure if she would be a Skybreaker or a Windrunner.

Edited by Kidpen