The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

11 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Salad returned from their kitchen.

“Sorry about the delay everyone. Someone stole all of my sugar.”

They walked up to the judges and presented their first dish: caramel slice.

The mime took a bite out of one of them and chewed thoughtfully, critiquing the quality and taste as he did so. Overall, he seemed to like the dish.

13 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Oh?" asked Jacob, feigning disinterest. "And what might that mean?"

The Witherlord smiled. In the distance, thunder rumbled ominously.

"It means," he said in a sinister voice, "that, unfortunately, your time has come."

6 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

“Have you visited the motherland recently?” a breadmunk asked Salad.

“Umm, no. I haven’t had the opportunity to visit your country yet,” Salad replied, still taken aback that their baking could taste like garbage.

5 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The mime took a bite out of one of them and chewed thoughtfully, critiquing the quality and taste as he did so. Overall, he seemed to like the dish.

Salad sighed with relief. At least someone seemed to enjoy their baking. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

7 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Witherlord smiled. In the distance, thunder rumbled ominously.

"It means," he said in a sinister voice, "that, unfortunately, your time has come."

Enough, thought Jacob. He pulled Silence into himself, letting it fill every inch of his being.

Then he moved, teleporting forwards to his enemy. His hand stretched forwards as he reached for the pen...

...and grabbed empty air.

In a split second, Jacob analyzed the situation. The Witherlord had pulled his hand back the instant that Jacob teleported, almost as if... but that couldn't be, could it?

14 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

Another contestant walked in—Narrator Nebula. He wore an indigo chef’s hat, and he had a twinkle in his eye.

”I hope I’m not too late,” he said. “I brought cupcakes.”

The mime sampled the cupcakes, purging the poison from himself as he did so. He complimented their texture, but couldn't give them full marks because of the rather uninteresting flavor. He did warn Narrator Nebula of the poison, however.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

The mime sampled the cupcakes, purging the poison from himself as he did so. He complimented their texture, but couldn't give them full marks because of the rather uninteresting flavor. He did warn Narrator Nebula of the poison, however.

“Poison?” Nebula said, flabbergasted. “That must’ve been the sugar I used. From Universe 37-3. I forget it’s toxic to most species.”

6 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Nebula took a bite out of one of the cupcakes. “I for one think they’re delicious.” He pointed at the man next to the table, seizing. “Dunno what’s wrong with his sense of taste.”

The mime said that he reckoned that the cupcakes were delicious, but as he himself had eaten them sans sugar, he couldn't say for sure. Nonetheless, the man's seizure likely had less to do with the taste of the treat and more with the toxicity.

Edited by xinoehp512

“Well, gents,” Nebula said. “Best of luck to you.” He ate another cupcake in a single bite, then hopped out of his seat, a blue top hat materializing in his hand. He looked to the mine, nodding respectfully. “G’day.” Then he put on the top hat, opened a portal back to the Void, and fell through.

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The mime said that he reckoned that the cupcakes were delicious, but as he himself had eaten them sans sugar, he couldn't say for sure. Nonetheless, the man's seizure likely had less to do with the taste of the treat and more with the toxicity.

The mime helped the unfortunate man out by removing the poison from his body, then turned back to judging.

18 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Enough, thought Jacob. He pulled Silence into himself, letting it fill every inch of his being.

Then he moved, teleporting forwards to his enemy. His hand stretched forwards as he reached for the pen...

...and grabbed empty air.

In a split second, Jacob analyzed the situation. The Witherlord had pulled his hand back the instant that Jacob teleported, almost as if... but that couldn't be, could it?

With alarm, Jacob noticed that a knife made of darkness had materialized in the Witherlord's free hand, and was quickly traveling in the direction of his heart. He couldn't be sure what effect the knife would have, but he doubted it would be good. In the same eyeblink that he'd appeared, he teleported again away from the Witherlord.

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless didn't notice Hero, but the security guards did. They cracked their knuckles threateningly, advancing on Hero.

Hero stuffed the last cupcake in his mouth and threw the plate (the cupcakes were on) At the guards and jumped out the window and played the song of soaring (therefore sprouting wings and flying away) before going splat.

Just now, The Hero of Masks said:

Hero stuffed the last cupcake in his mouth and threw the plate (the cupcakes were on) At the guards and jumped out the window and played the song of soaring (therefore sprouting wings and flying away) before going splat.

The guards hit hero with a net woven into an imitation of a dreamseed matrix.

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

The guards hit hero with a net woven into an imitation of a dreamseed matrix.

Sorry--this might be a stupid question--but, um... what is a 'dreamseed matrix'? I don't really know how to respond to that without knowing what that is. Sorry!