The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Jimmy ate the juniper berries.

On 12/10/2019 at 4:57 PM, Ookla The Narrator said:

"Oh..." Sophie said quietly. She shivered. "He's... scary..."

Xinoehp felt the icy grip of unnatural fear radiating from the dark being. It was strong- he almost wanted to just give in and let it take him. But instead he clenched his spear of light ever tighter in his fists, determined to resist whatever happened. Even if-

Ah, interrupted the figure in a droll tone. So honorable. It's adorable, really.
Quick as a snake, a tendril of darkness shot out of the thing. Xinoehp flicked the spear up and cut through it, faster than seemed possible even to him. He glanced at his hand in surprise then quickly flicked his gaze back up to the monster. "What was that?" he challenged. "What do you want? Who are you? I don't-"
Ah-ah-ah, interrupted Withy. No time to bother with questions. You'll be dead soon, anyways, so it hardly matters.
"What?" gasped Xinoehp, but there was no time for surprise. Three more tentacles had launched themselves at him, shadowy surfaces shifting. He cut through them with ease, but more seemed to be coming even as he did so.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Blue said:

Xinoehp felt the icy grip of unnatural fear radiating from the dark being. It was strong- he almost wanted to just give in and let it take him. But instead he clenched his spear of light ever tighter in his fists, determined to resist whatever happened. Even if-

Ah, interrupted the figure in a droll tone. So honorable. It's adorable, really.
Quick as a snake, a tendril of darkness shot out of the thing. Xinoehp flicked the spear up and cut through it, faster than seemed possible even to him. He glanced at his hand in surprise then quickly flicked his gaze back up to the monster. "What was that?" he challenged. "What do you want? Who are you? I don't-"
Ah-ah-ah, interrupted Withy. No time to bother with questions. You'll be dead soon, anyways, so it hardly matters.
"What?" gasped Xinoehp, but there was no time for surprise. Three more tentacles had launched themselves at him, shadowy surfaces shifting. He cut through them with ease, but more seemed to be coming even as he did so.

Sophie gulped, whimpering a little bit. What she had faced had been nightmarish, but... good Author. Xinoehp was amazing. Sophie knew there was no way she could do any of that by herself. Storms, she'd barely survived her trip here. That blackness terrified her. If she were faced with that creature, she would fall to her knees, sobbing and begging to be spared. 

Wow, I've missed out. Last I saw this thread, it was at like 330 pages. I'm proud of you people.

Narrator Firerust emerged from a long hiatus only to find that this whimsical world he'd once known had become dark, twisted, and complex like an RP rather than, well... the madness that TLT used to be in its first 200 pages.

He proceeded to do an Irish jig and read AI-generated literature.

And then a thermonuke hit him.

1 minute ago, Firerust said:

Wow, I've missed out. Last I saw this thread, it was at like 330 pages. I'm proud of you people.

Narrator Firerust emerged from a long hiatus only to find that this whimsical world he'd once known had become dark, twisted, and complex like an RP rather than, well... the madness that TLT used to be in its first 200 pages.

He proceeded to do an Irish jig and read AI-generated literature.

And then a thermonuke hit him.

Fire, this thread has since spawned three seperate RP threads. :P Only one of which is still going. (it's called CBST and it's awesome and it's storyline sometimes takes place here due to the rules of our world building) :ph34r:

Sophie's eyes widened slightly with the realization that Fate might be trying to bait her into doing something to help. She internally groaned. She thought it would be over right after she got the spear to Xinoehp. And... then she thought there was going to be True Love's Kiss and some such nonsense. Instead, the world was still ending and she was still cowering behind a rock. Well... at least she still had forcefields. She imagined, for a moment, rushing out and protecting the curly haired hero before her. But the daydream ended in blackness and death for the both of them. And so, Sophie stayed huddled behind the rock, fingers chilled. 

Edited by Ookla The Narrator