The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Blue said:

Get it to the center! called Aqua over the din of whispers. But don't let them touch you!

Sophie felt her breath catch in her throat. "Okay..." she whimpered. A withergeist flew uncomfortably close to her and she yelped, pointing the spear in its direction and spraying it with light, killing it. As she did so, she felt another one swoop to her side and she barely turned in time to chop it in half. She took a step forward, fighting awkwardly, still feeling dangerously lightheaded. 

Finally realizing that she wasn't doing any good, Astral's shoulders slumped. She was completely useless. And little Sophie... well, at least she was killing them. The poor thing was only barely surviving. Something snapped inside of her. Something that was more Star than Astral. Something that wouldn't stand for this. It made her sprint forward, coming to Sophie's side to guard her. "I've got your back!" she said over the ominous whispers. "You use that weapon and FIGHT!"

Sophie looked up. Astral was... defending her? In that moment, she felt more like her "big sis" than ever before. "Okay," she said again, this time with just a sliver of extra confidence. When she went to spray with her weapon this time, a little more came out and she was able to advance a few steps further. "This is CRAZY!" she exclaimed, feeling a little bit of nervous adrenaline. 

Astral smirked. "Just how I like it."

14 minutes ago, Ookla The Narrator said:

Sophie felt her breath catch in her throat. "Okay..." she whimpered. A withergeist flew uncomfortably close to her and she yelped, pointing the spear in its direction and spraying it with light, killing it. As she did so, she felt another one swoop to her side and she barely turned in time to chop it in half. She took a step forward, fighting awkwardly, still feeling dangerously lightheaded. 

Finally realizing that she wasn't doing any good, Astral's shoulders slumped. She was completely useless. And little Sophie... well, at least she was killing them. The poor thing was only barely surviving. Something snapped inside of her. Something that was more Star than Astral. Something that wouldn't stand for this. It made her sprint forward, coming to Sophie's side to guard her. "I've got your back!" she said over the ominous whispers. "You use that weapon and FIGHT!"

Sophie looked up. Astral was... defending her? In that moment, she felt more like her "big sis" than ever before. "Okay," she said again, this time with just a sliver of extra confidence. When she went to spray with her weapon this time, a little more came out and she was able to advance a few steps further. "This is CRAZY!" she exclaimed, feeling a little bit of nervous adrenaline. 

Astral smirked. "Just how I like it."

Aqua hovered anxiously a safe distance away. Only a few steps, she called. Then throw it!

24 minutes ago, Ookla the Blue said:

Aqua hovered anxiously a safe distance away. Only a few steps, she called. Then throw it!

Sophie eyed Xinoehp nervously. She could hardly see him through the massive wave of darkness. 

"When you throw it," Astral said, noticing the nervous look, "I'll follow it, make sure it gets to its target. I want to see Xino safe and sound just as much as you do." She continued cutting withergeists away from Sophie. 

"All right..." she muttered, spear splurting globs of light. A withergeist slammed against her shield and she flinched, batting it away. 

"Almost there," Astral encouraged. "Almost! Just run a few steps, you'll be there in no time at all!" Sophie advanced a little faster, and a withergeist grabbed a hold of her hair. She squealed, but Astral swung her sword at it, cutting the lock of blue hair along with the creature. "A little further!" Sophie felt her head lighten as she stumbled forward a bit. "Aaaand... NOW!" Sophie threw the spear like a javelin and Astral raced alongside it with incredible speed. 

But without Astral to protect her flank, Sophie was left open. One of the creatures landed on her shoulder and even as Sophie tried to shoo it away, it sunk its teeth and claws into her. Sophie gasped, watching her skin there turn grey, ice shooting through her veins. That was all it took. She fainted dead away, shield fading without her constant Narrational support.

Leaving her completely vulnerable to any, every, and all of the withergeists.

Edited by Ookla The Narrator

Okay, when this is all said and done, Withy is definitely getting some disciplinary action.

FT formed a giant screen out of pure Narration, so that the other Characters, Authors, Narrators, ghanderflaffles, Hermitcraft participants etc. could watch the proceedings from a safe distance.

All good and noble citizens of TLT viewed the screen with bated breath. Their attention focused on the limp, lifeless form of Sophie.

Edited by FatherTiempo

“That depends,” Truthless said. “If I say yes, a destructive force is unleashed upon TLT, and if I say no, since you’ve already spoken, but I declare you don’t exist, then I create a paradox and probably make a black hole. That the way these things usually work.

“So, in conclusion, maybe!”

This new world was alien to them. They’d hidden for so long that the civilization, the people they had once known were gone now. But perhaps it was better that way, for their current forms were unstable, overflowing with power.

Edited by Jaookla

Slowly they sucked out all of its gravity, leaving the gas giant to slowly expand outwards, pulled by the force of the other planets in the system. It would have been beautiful, had there not been so many problems to go along with it. No longer being attracted to the surface of their once thriving planet, the gaseous beings founds themselves slowly drifting into the sky, small bits and pieces of their society floating up with them.