The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Blue said:

All of a sudden, a jet of water hit Astral in the side of the head, soaking her from head to toe.

Excuse me? hissed Aqua. I am no one's... pet. And, she added with a sniff, we most definitely do not need your help.

Without another word, she began floating away. Come on, Sophie, she called. We're running out of time.

Astral hissed loudly and snapped, making her clothes dry. "Why you impertinent little orb!" she cried.

Sophie would have giggled had she not been so shocked with terror. 

"If you think that that girl is going to be able to do anything to be able to help Xino, you're kidding yourself. He is a marvelous warrior. Last time, I watched him fall, but I shall not do so again." She smirked, looking at her nails. "Besides," she said, "I happen to have a sort of control over the withergeists. You need my help. Don't you agree, Sophie?"

Sophie sat up. "Aqua..." she said. "We could use the help. And... I'd rather be on her side than against her."

Astral chuckled. "Do I scare you, little one?"

"Yes..." Sophie muttered as she got to her feet. 

Astral's grin widened, revealing slightly sharpened teeth. "Good."

Astral folded her arms. "But we don't already have one here in the story. I'd have to Narrate it and keep it running. I simply haven't got time for something like that. Destroying happy endings is hard work. It's also quite fun, of course, with rich rewards. But I don't get that part of the job. Besides, I like my food raw. If its been out for too long, it tends to get stale. Homespun meals are all right - Sophie's fear just how was quite filling, in fact - but I don't have very many connections. It's more powerful when the person who ripped your heart out," she paused here and smiled. "Is someone you once loved." She giggled to herself. 

9 hours ago, Ookla the Sesquipedalian said:

Then go to a high school, they are full of failed relationships 

Astral scoffed. "Deep enough to fill a fantasy novel? No thank you, sir. I'd rather die than eat the cheap stuff."

"Technically," Sophie added, "she can survive for a few hundred pages without eating. So the recommended eating patterns for her are to have really, really big meals - like what she had from Jay - but not very often. She just hasn't lived long enough to carry that out and she's not used to it. You're what, 70, if you don't count the period of stasis and your time as Star? You're younger than me..."

"Close," Astral said. "68."

"Yeah. See? She's just adjusting. QoS was specifically designed to keep her fed. The air itself was full of a sort of mashed up baby food of negativity. She could feed by simply breathing. It's different here, she's just getting used to it." 

Edited by Ookla The Narrator

10 hours ago, Ookla The Narrator said:

Astral hissed loudly and snapped, making her clothes dry. "Why you impertinent little orb!" she cried.

Sophie would have giggled had she not been so shocked with terror. 

"If you think that that girl is going to be able to do anything to be able to help Xino, you're kidding yourself. He is a marvelous warrior. Last time, I watched him fall, but I shall not do so again." She smirked, looking at her nails. "Besides," she said, "I happen to have a sort of control over the withergeists. You need my help. Don't you agree, Sophie?"

Sophie sat up. "Aqua..." she said. "We could use the help. And... I'd rather be on her side than against her."

Astral chuckled. "Do I scare you, little one?"

"Yes..." Sophie muttered as she got to her feet. 

Astral's grin widened, revealing slightly sharpened teeth. "Good."

Aqua snorted. All she needs to do is give him the spear. We know where he is, and we don't need your help to get there. Oh yeah, and those withergeists you claim to have 'control' over? She laughed. They aren't listening to you anymore. There's a bigger baddie boss on the block. One who is very much against us. If he gets to Xinoehp before we do, this whole world is doomed. All you are doing is slowing us down!

7 minutes ago, FatherTiempo said:

"Hello Jimmy," said the Dark Voice. "I have a job for you."

Withergeists rose from the floor, swirling gently around Jimmy. Dark, twisted laughter filled the chamber as they got closer and closer. Join us... they whispered. Join usssssss.....