The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

12 minutes ago, Ookla The Narrator said:

As for you, don't you know you don't have to manifest yourself physically? Just go to your own Plane, you're a Narrator, you can be safe whenever you want to be. And Ruin brought them. Well, more specifically, Heather brought them, the poor girl... It wasn't her fault though. 

FT felt his face grow cold with anger. He let go of the tree branch and floated in the air. "I am a SHARD! I appear physically, because that's what I have to do to access Narration due to my condition. See. Page. 732."

Edited by FatherTiempo

Just now, Ookla the Sesquipedalian said:

I do not narrate

TVG chuckled. Of course you do. You just do it though others. My dear, that's what an Author is in this world.

Just now, FatherTiempo said:

FT felt his face grow cold with anger. He let go of the tree branch and floated in the air. "I am a SHARD!"

So is my daughter, Tamika. Or, she was. Anyway, use your power wisely, friend.

FT huffed. Who did TVG think she was anyway? Probably an Author or something. He looked down at the Withergeists. They were stacking themselves ontop of each other, making a tower to reach him. FT realized he was using precious Narration, flying in the air, and quickly wrapped his arms around the branch. "SOPHIE!!!! Counseling rates go way up, when your counselor is dead!"

4 minutes ago, Ookla The Narrator said:

TVG chuckled. Of course you do. You just do it though others. My dear, that's what an Author is in this world.

So is my daughter, Tamika. Or, she was. Anyway, use your power wisely, friend.

I Publish, my Authors Write, and their Narrators Narrate. This is like trying to explain calculus to a newborn

Edited by Ookla the Sesquipedalian

1 minute ago, Ookla the Sesquipedalian said:

I Publish, my Authors Write, and their Narrators Narrate. This is like trying to explain calculus to a newborn

TVG scoffed. Then she smiled. You're making this too complicated. It's not Rocket Science. It's Narration! Plot! WORDS! 

With that, she continued the story, her pride and joy. 

4 minutes ago, FatherTiempo said:

FT huffed. Who did TVG think she was anyway? Probably an Author or something. He looked down at the Withergeists. They were stacking themselves ontop of each other, making a tower to reach him. FT realized he was using precious Narration, flying in the air, and quickly wrapped his arms around the branch. "SOPHIE!!!! Counseling rates go way up, when your counselor is dead!"

Sophie looked up. FT. He was... he was about to get hurt. And he had no way to save himself. Sophie's face fell. She could save him. 

Her fingers fell upon her spear, but she hesitated. 

Did she really want to do this? Did she really want to risk that awful pain again? Did she really want to risk her own life for someone else? 

Yes. Yes she did. 

Sophie's forcefield evaporated and she stood, spear in her hands. "Get AWAY FROM HIM!" she yelled. She raised the weapon and pushed all of her light into it, sending a stream of power through it. A beam of radiance shot from the tip, spraying against the withergeists. The little creatures screamed in pain as the light consumed them. In just a few moments, they were all gone. 

Sophie breathed out slowly as it all sank in. "I... I did it." Her face brightened. "HOLY MOTHER OF BUTT VENTURE I DID IT!" She let out a squeal of joy and began jumping up and down in her euphoria. 

TVG smiled. That joy, she said, was earned. Because she did it by herself. 

FT glared at the partially omnipresence of TVG. "Of course you did it. I believed in you all the way." He smiled. "You know, few people make this much progress in a single counseling appointment. Facing fears, and accomplishing feats well beyond your self-inflicted boundaries were still three sessions away. We're way ahead of schedule."

In the distant distance, TVG received a sealed letter from: FT, the Shard of Narration.

TVG

Fine, I admit it. You were right. Sorry. I get a little cranky when hanging from trees.

FT

P.S. 

I can suggest a good counselor if you ever need one. You knnow, just in case.

Edited by FatherTiempo

10 minutes ago, Ookla The Narrator said:

You're making this too complicated. It's not Rocket Science. It's Narration! Plot! WORDS! 

I told you it was hard to explain. I rarely intercede, I only do so when my children are being exploited by your silly views on reality, what you call rules. Not even they knew I existed. Deus and Tree still do not know. Some of your “rules” are fundamental rules but others, like that one about using things “properly” is complete drivel. On my Name-creation, sorry, CBST, it might be real, I have not visited there since its creation week, your Publisher, I believe she is currently Narr, would know.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Sesquipedalian said:

I told you it was hard to explain. I rarely intercede, I only do so when my children are being exploited by your silly views on reality, what you call rules. Not even they knew I existed. Deus and Tree still do not know. Some of your “rules” are fundamental rules but others, like that one about using things “properly” is complete drivel. On my Name-creation, sorry, CBST, it might be real, I have not visited there since its creation week, your Publisher, I believe she is currently Narr, would know.

TVG rolled her eyes. Don't you get it? I am Narr. SoT. Star. Shard of Thought. Ookla the Narrator. 

13 minutes ago, FatherTiempo said:

FT glared at the partially omnipresence of TVG. "Of course you did it. I believed in you all the way." He smiled. "You know, few people make this much progress in a single counseling appointment. Facing fears, and accomplishing feats well beyond your self-inflicted boundaries were still three sessions away. We're way ahead of schedule."

In the distant distance, TVG received a sealed letter from: FT, the Shard of Narration.

TVG

Fine, I admit it. You were right. Sorry. I get a little cranky when hanging from trees.

FT

P.S. 

I can suggest a good counselor if you ever need one. You knnow, just in case.

TVG smiled, incredibly happy with herself and with her youngest daughter. 

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Sesquipedalian said:

One who calls themselves an Author cannot be a Publisher. I have spoken to Yours, currently Ookla the Narrator, and therefore you are not her.

Making more role titles does not make more roles. TVG shook her head. It is clear to me that you do not understand and that you will refuse to show me the respect I deserve. People will always want more power. But simply saying you have that power is a waste of time and words and an abuse of authority. It's pointless because it doesn't do anything but make you look like a miserly fool. I am not all powerful and I have accepted that. Next time, let your Narrators do the speaking. And keep your underlined mouth shut. 

With that, TVG disappeared. 

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Sesquipedalian said:

You truly don’t understand? this has been brewing for months ever since there was a post in Latin.

Oh, I understand. But making a "Narrator of a Narrator of a Narrator" is pointless. Authors do NOT have more power than Narrators and the only thing you're doing by making a third place is trying to give yourself more authority. That does not slide with me. Authors are each and everyone of us. It's like this. Luna is an Author, not a Narrator. Because she only posts Narration. She doesn't have characters. The idea of an "Author" has been around since Star married Marsh and became less of an extension of my will than a Sentient, living, breathing character. Just, a character with the unique ability to Narrate the story. I was Narrating her. I daresay this is my magic system and I get to decide how it works. What I was trying to say through TVG was that I don't like it when randomness interferes with plot. That's why we moved the plot to a different thread. Unfortunately, the very idea of Plot with a capital "P" originates from this chaos and I have to use it. Astral wants to leave. Xinoehp wants to leave. Sophie wants to leave. They are creatures of Plot and they deserve to have that Plot. But right now the whole Plot is that they're trying to leave. When my characters are gone, I will return as my own self, TVG, Narrating the randomness. That was what I intended with Sophie, but for as revolted as she says she is by it, she is drawn to the Plot. That's my fault. But you have to admit that Sophie is a masterpiece and if I have to defend her for the good of her own character development and storyline, then I will do so. 

*sigh* I really, really care about this story. Star was me. I went through all of that with her. I want her to live her life, I want Astral to fulfill her grim destiny, I want Sophie to find the hero inside of her because I want to find that hero inside of me too. In many ways, she is my favorite of all of my characters. Please, please don't change the rules because you want to be able to move forward. Star tried to do that. And now Marsh is dead and her life sucks. But if you keep shoving, eventually I'm going to stop shoving back and let you fall on your face. 

Sophie glowed. Almost literally. Her hair floated around her head in its natural flow and she danced around in the grass, close to bursting with joy. "Aqua!!!" she said. "I did it!" 

9 minutes ago, Ookla The Narrator said:

Oh, I understand. But making a "Narrator of a Narrator of a Narrator" is pointless. Authors do NOT have more power than Narrators and the only thing you're doing by making a third place is trying to give yourself more authority. That does not slide with me. Authors are each and everyone of us. It's like this. Luna is an Author, not a Narrator. Because she only posts Narration. She doesn't have characters. The idea of an "Author" has been around since Star married Marsh and became less of an extension of my will than a Sentient, living, breathing character. Just, a character with the unique ability to Narrate the story. I was Narrating her. I daresay this is my magic system and I get to decide how it works. What I was trying to say through TVG was that I don't like it when randomness interferes with plot. That's why we moved the plot to a different thread. Unfortunately, the very idea of Plot with a capital "P" originates from this chaos and I have to use it. Astral wants to leave. Xinoehp wants to leave. Sophie wants to leave. They are creatures of Plot and they deserve to have that Plot. But right now the whole Plot is that they're trying to leave. When my characters are gone, I will return as my own self, TVG, Narrating the randomness. That was what I intended with Sophie, but for as revolted as she says she is by it, she is drawn to the Plot. That's my fault. But you have to admit that Sophie is a masterpiece and if I have to defend her for the good of her own character development and storyline, then I will do so. 

*sigh* I really, really care about this story. Star was me. I went through all of that with her. I want her to live her life, I want Astral to fulfill her grim destiny, I want Sophie to find the hero inside of her because I want to find that hero inside of me too. In many ways, she is my favorite of all of my characters. Please, please don't change the rules because you want to be able to move forward. Star tried to do that. And now Marsh is dead and her life sucks. But if you keep shoving, eventually I'm going to stop shoving back and let you fall on your face. 

Sophie glowed. Almost literally. Her hair floated around her head in its natural flow and she danced around in the grass, close to bursting with joy. "Aqua!!!" she said. "I did it!" 

Nice rant

An Author is a Narrator that can create a Narrator and can declare Canonity, a Publisher is an Author who can create Authors, and can declare things as Drivel, as well as post on other threads.

Edited by Ookla the Sesquipedalian