ElephantEarwax

The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

26,586 posts in this topic

Or we could do that. Ruin coalesced, and stared murdering everyone. 

Edited by BringerofShadows

Sophie rolled her eyes. Narrativium is generated by the amount of Narration. If it wanted to generate more Narrativium, it would write a long passage or post a lot. 

Fine. Ruin slowly crushed the bodies of Narrators and Characters alike, watching their bones splinter and shatter. Organs became slush and dribbled out of every pore. The ground became a river of blood, swallowing everything in site. Ruin laughed and enjoyed itself at the destruction of others.

Edited by BringerofShadows

Sophie cringed, making her forcefield thicker. And that is why I don't like plot.

“OH SOPHIE!!!” Ruin bellowed. “I HAVE A PAIR OF EARRINGS FOR YOU!” A pair of beautiful, enticing, gorgeous spike earrings appeared, made out of 24 karat gold. “I made them just for you,” Ruin said sweetly.

Sophie blinked. "I don't like jewelry..." she muttered, wishing she could hide behind her fluttering hair.

Ruin appeared in front of her, appearing as Marsh pre-Inquisitoir. “But I made them just for you, my love. They were taken straight from Mount Tyrian, molded in the perfect shape, and then emblazoned with your name.” He held out the earrings. “See?”

Sophie, of course, was mortified. That was her brother-in-law's face. She swallowed, paling. "Yes, I see. But no thank you." Please go away. 

Not a chance. Marsh became Sazed. “Sophie…I was wondering if you wanted to study together. You know, I have this new religion I found for you.”

"Mmm mmh," Sophie said, squeezing her eyes shut and shaking her head 'no'. "I know what you are."

Edited by Shard of Thought

“But do you?” Sazed stared deeper into her eyes, a look of longing in them. “Please…” He whispered.

Sophie didn't answer and kept her eyes shut. I told you to go away.

Whelp, I have enough Narrator Energy, so I will leave. Thank you! 

Sazed disappeared with a snap, and Ruin exited the thread. 

Sophie kept her eyes shut for the next minute. When she finally opened them, she looked around in a small panic. And smiled, laughing.

Apparently, Ruin didn't know that it required hundreds of pages worth of energy to travel between Realms. 

So Furret decided to send him a message telling him that.

Luna grumbled at him.

Luna grabbed a chair to hit Truthless with.

People do that in wrestling right?

3 minutes ago, BringerofShadows said:

Wait, your telling me that my plan won’t work? (But I posted it already, so ha!) @Shard of Thought

Basically, yes. That's why you need to do it when reality is weak, like I told you.

Here's the thing; Narrators can't just do anything they want. What they Narrate happens. But what they Narrate is governed by the laws of Narration. You can't just do something because you say you did it. When you're working with Reality, a Reality whose rule Narrators have to abide by, you have to have the right tools. And you don't have that. Yet. You can slip over when Reality is breached. It will happen eventually.

2 minutes ago, BringerofShadows said:

Too…late…sorry…?

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* Fine... It's not like we abide by our own rules anyway... It can probably be explained away by Ruin's Connection to the Realm he's going to.... Ah, well. Love your rank BTW. ;)