The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 hour ago, Jaywalk said:

“Mom!” Granite called. “Make him stop!”

@Shard of Thought

:(

If Star hadn't been in a completely different Narrational plane, she would have felt terrible. She did think about her kids every once in a while. She felt awful for leaving them behind. But she just wasn't made for raising children. 

TVG would have had SoT help out... but she would probably be a worse mother than Star. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

2 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Dude, you aren’t very merciful today, are you? :P

Lunamor handed Granite an ice cream cone.

Am I ever?

Granite took it. The ice cream helped, but it didn’t quite extinguish the pain of his past—the death of his sister, the insanity of his father, the abandonment of his mother. He gave Luna a hug, tears rolling down his cheeks.

38 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Am I ever?

Granite took it. The ice cream helped, but it didn’t quite extinguish the pain of his past—the death of his sister, the insanity of his father, the abandonment of his mother. He gave Luna a hug, tears rolling down his cheeks.

Oh, wow, I've created a broken character by not doing anything. Go figure. :P

SoT decided to do something. She put on a big sunhat and appeared next to Granite. "Hiya!" she said cheerfully. "I'm your aunt Sophie! Star's youngest sister! I've come to take you and your sister Rose to come train as Narrators. Er, well, Sentient characters. Did you know that you're technically older than me? I mean, you're what, 12 now? 15, maybe? I don't know, time is weird for you. But you're also almost as old as Star is; about 300 pages give or take! And I'm only about 80 pages." She scratched her head. "Gee, it sure sounds funny when you put it that way." 

@Jaywalk

10 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Jaywalk stepped out of the void, a cloaked figure trailing behind him. “Perhaps your training could be a joint effort.” He nodded to SoT. “Good day, madam.”

SoT folded her arms. "That, my young friend,," she said to Granite, "is the man who made your daddy go crazy." Her eyes widened as she was alerted by Xino's post. "Oh! Gotta go! Talk to Jay, he'll help you, I'll come back later!" She vanished.

9 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"The screaming..." whispered Xinoehp, eyes distant. He shuddered, shaking his head and trying to put it out of his mind. "What were we doing, again?"

"Oh, you poor thing. Being posessed is never fun. At least, that's what Star said." She shrugged. "You were staring at me? Mmm, no, that's too far back. I had an anxiety attack? Author's pen, how long were you out of it?"

5 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

SoT folded her arms. "That, my young friend,," she said to Granite, "is the man who made your daddy go crazy." Her eyes widened as she was alerted by Xino's post. "Oh! Gotta go! Talk to Jay, he'll help you, I'll come back later!" She vanished.

"Oh, you poor thing. Being posessed is never fun. At least, that's what Star said." She shrugged. "You were staring at me? Mmm, no, that was too far back. I had an anxiety attack? Author's pen, how long were you out of it?"

Xinoehp shook his head. "I... I don't know. There was.... screaming. Shattered screaming." He shuddered. "That's the best word for it I can think of."