The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Meanwhile...

Ember didn't hide the truth from AJ. If he chose to help them then he would die. But he would be doing it so Thought could live. He accepted the proposal. How could he do anything else? It wasn't as if his life had meaning anyway. 

"She'll know what I did, right?" he asked.

Ember nodded emotionlessly. "She will know."

AJ nodded. "So... Tom? Where-" With a flash, Ember was back on Tom's ship, this time with AJ beside her. She touched AJ's mind.

Be careful. Tom is not what he was. I am working on remedying that. AJ acknowledged the statement. His natural telepathic ability really was a wonder. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

3 hours ago, Rosharan A.C. said:

A.C. almost forgot about the chicken he brought into the bunker with him. At first he liked the thought of having chicken-nuggets with their french fries, but then he decided to simply name it Zuko instead. 

Luna wanted to jump off a cliff while holding Zuko overhead to see if it really was possible to overcome physics and smoothly glide through the air using only the flapping of the chicken’s wings, but eventually decided against leaving the bunker.

1 hour ago, BringerofShadows said:

BoS stalked AJ and Ember from the shadows of the boat. She didn’t feel like socializing today.

Ember was aware of the Shadowy one, but she was far more interested in completing her mission. The violet goddess, however... She watched the watcher with sadness. This one was broken. And she deserved a second chance. 

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Tom's mouth opened slightly and his eyes widened. Then he set his gun down respectfully.

"What do you wish me to make, O goddess?"

Ember smiled faintly. It felt good to be respected, even a lifeless Vessel like her knew that. 

"A device that will increase AJ's portal-making ability tenfold."

Ember eyed Ganvcho with resentfulness. Her master did not like being godmodded. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

2 minutes ago, Gancho Libre said:

The purple goddess sighed. "I didn't want to say that," she said. Then, she revealed her true form. She was Narrator Ganvcho.

"Please wait, Tom. I will return." 

Ember teleported to the foolhardy Narrator. "You know not to whom you speak. Take back your words. Immediately." 

5 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Luna wanted to jump off a cliff while holding Zuko overhead to see if it really was possible to overcome physics and smoothly glide through the air using only the flapping of the chicken’s wings, but eventually decided against leaving the bunker.

Instead, Truthless expanded the bunker into the size of a very large cavern, so that cliff jumping was possible. “Anyone want to go skydiving?” Truthless asked. The bunker was now big enough to allow that.

2 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Ember smiled faintly. It felt good to be respected, even a lifeless Vessel like her knew that. 

"A device that will increase AJ's portal-making ability tenfold."

Ember eyed Ganvcho with resentfulness. Her master did not like being godmodded. 

"Tenfold? Why only ten...?" Tom turned, continuing his musings. "Maybe if you were using hemalurgy and had to worry about spiritual damage, you would do tenfold. But I can do much better than that."

Tom's eyebrows shot up, but he nodded. "It could take a while. I'll have to fabricate an entirely new serum, first of all- though I've gotten better at that then I once was. After that, I'll need to distill it down to something that could be feasibly consumed. And that's not even counting how long it will take to get the raw materials..."

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Tom's eyebrows shot up, but he nodded. "It could take a while. I'll have to fabricate an entirely new serum, first of all- though I've gotten better at that then I once was. After that, I'll need to distill it down to something that could be feasibly consumed. And that's not even counting how long it will take to get the raw materials..."

"AJ doesn't need to survive." AJ nodded solemnly. 

"I will be dead by the time this is over. So long as I can survive long enough to get Ember in position, this will work." 

12 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"AJ doesn't need to survive." AJ nodded solemnly. 

"I will be dead by the time this is over. So long as I can survive long enough to get Ember in position, this will work." 

“If AJ lets me study his power intensively, I can probably get the serum developed within a year. My servants should be able to get enough of the raw materials to make it by that point, so we should be able to create the serum shortly thereafter.

“Of course, we’re going to have about a million gallons of the stuff at that point. Distillation down to a drinkable amount could take another year or two- or more- depending on a number of other factors.”

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

“If AJ lets me study his power intensively, I can probably get the serum developed within a year. My servants should be able to get enough of the raw materials to make it by that point, so we should be able to create the serum shortly thereafter.

“Of course, we’re going to have about a million gallons of the stuff at that point. Distillation down to a drinkable amount could take another year or two- or more- depending on a number of other factors.”

"I can speed up time," Ember said.

"And you may do whatever you wish with me," AJ added.

"Are you prepared?" Ember said. It was time.

38 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Instead, Truthless expanded the bunker into the size of a very large cavern, so that cliff jumping was possible. “Anyone want to go skydiving?” Truthless asked. The bunker was now big enough to allow that.

Luna immediately ran off the edge of the nearest cliff holding Zuko, screaming as loudly as possible to encourage maximum wing flapping.

Tom nodded.

And so, for the next two years, Tom and his servants performed experiments, gathered ingredients, and crafted compounds.

Two years later. Tom held up a small vial in triumph. It was a bright cyan color, and stoppered with a metallic cork.

"It is done," he spoke into the air.