The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

7 hours ago, I am a stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

The God of Words made the oxymorons uncanon, and it applies retrospectively  

YOU HAVE SINNED FOR THE LAST TIME, STICK.

For a brief moment, silence blared. And then it was over.

Narrator Stick was now no more.

He'll do that to you, Star. You know that's how this will end. There will be no fight. You'll understand Thought when this is all over, how she lost her Shard, reduced to nothing. 

I have to risk that. I have to risk everything. Don't make me turn back now. The hero can't lose, right?

Not if they're actually a hero.

You know, I can totally see there being a novel about a bunch of Narrators who get cocky with the story and then the rules of Silence come back to haunt them. I would totally read that. 

Xino's eyes flared red. Geams of light shot from both his sword and his shield and met in midair.

A portal began to expand from the point of collision, a hole in reality edged in red crystal. Through it could be seen... blackness.

Xino shut off his beams and leaned on his sword. "A portal," he said. "To the land of Silence."

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Xino's eyes flared red. Geams of light shot from both his sword and his shield and met in midair.

A portal began to expand from the point of collision, a hole in reality edged in red crystal. Through it could be seen... blackness.

Xino shut off his beams and leaned on his sword. "A portal," he said. "To the land of Silence."

Star looked about. "Let's do this, then." She stepped through the portal.