The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Narrator Lunamor then ducked back into an alleyway, speaking into a mobile.

”The trap is set and the epic is in position. Fire when ready. Wow, this hit is making me feel like a cat wearing a top hat sitting on a very large piece of rice.”

Edited by Lunamor

But once Fantastic became an Epic, he turned away from her in pursuit of more power. 

Meanwhile, Nagem was demanding an explanation of the strange metaphor. Narrator Lunamor complied.

”Ok, so cats are sneaky, right? And top hats are cool. At least, I’m pretty sure they are. And a grain of rice big enough for a regular sized cat to sit on would have to be really big. And you would only come across such a grain of rice once in a lifetime. So, the metaphor means that I feel very sneaky and cool and that this hit on Fantastic is a once in a lifetime opportunity.”

Somehow Luna was able to hear the facepalm through the mobile.

I love how quickly that turned into a scene from the reckoners.

Obviously this was the work of another epic with squirrel controlling powers; the crew was betting on the chance he would be elsewhere, but they always prepare for the worst...