The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

"YOU NARRATORS SAY THAT THIS IS RIGHT! THAT IT IS OK!! BUT NO WORDS WILL SAVE YOU!! NO ACTIONS CAN BE REPENTANCE FOR THE PAGES UPON PAGES OF PAIN AND DEATH YOU HAVE CAUSED!!!"

Butt summoned all his immense power and yelled, "IT IS OBVIOUS THAT I CANNOT DEFEAT YOU HERE! I WILL GO BACK TO THE CREATION OF THIS THREAD AND DESTROY EVERYTHING!!! I WILL FREE MY WORLD FROM YOUR POWERS!!"

1 minute ago, The Forumlurker said:

"YOU NARRATORS SAY THAT THIS IS RIGHT! THAT IT IS OK!! BUT NO WORDS WILL SAVE YOU!! NO ACTIONS CAN BE REPENTANCE FOR THE PAGES UPON PAGES OF PAIN AND DEATH YOU HAVE CAUSED!!!"

Butt summoned all his immense power and yelled, "IT IS OBVIOUS THAT I CANNOT DEFEAT YOU HERE! I WILL GO BACK TO THE CREATION OF THIS THREAD AND DESTROY EVERYTHING!!! I WILL FREE MY WORLD FROM YOUR POWERS!!"

"And in turn, we would just create a new thread. Your mistery would end, maybe. But what of others'?"

She felt seething anger and hatred, revenge and...and, hidden deep inside...love. A deep and unending love for all his many friends...he was no shard of Curiosity..he was the Shard of the Thread itself

Star smiled.

It's hard, being a hero. No one asks to be one. But we love them. That includes you. She pushed away his wrath and loathing and showed him how much the Narrators revered him. We have problems too, me most of all. Sometimes that comes out as the tragedy here. But I'm working on it. Can you trust us?

Butt dropped to the ground. "No" he said to himself, "I have to...I have to.." He started crying and the vortex of power around him dissipated, returning to their original Narrators.

Star knelt and pulled Butt close to her, holding him. "It's all right," she said. 

Someone needs to draw this scene.

Edited by Shard of Thought

"But..how can I trust you...you are a Narrator more powerful that Adonalsium himself...even oaths don't apply to you...even if you promise to be good...." He started sobbing again. "And now, without my power I can't stop you if you choose destroy me here. Right here" he said, looking around. Then he looked up at Star and asked, "will I die here? just because I inconvenience you will you kill me and all I love? because I dared to fight back will you make me an example?"

Star hushed Jay. Not yet.

3 minutes ago, The Forumlurker said:

"But..how can I trust you...you are a Narrator more powerful that Adonalsium himself...even oaths don't apply to you...even if you promise to be good...." He started sobbing again. "And now, without my power I can't stop you if you choose destroy me here. Right here" he said, looking around. Then he looked up at Star and asked, "will I die here? just because I inconvenience you will you kill me and all I love? because I dared to fight back will you make me an example?"

Star expanded into his mind, her power flowing through him. He would be able to feel her sincerity.

Your rebellion makes you even more precious to me. How could we kill you? You are the heart and soul of this thread. Marsh was taken from me because of another Narrator. If anyone understands you, it's me. And I will protect you no matter what it takes.

Butt hugged Star whispering, "Thank you, thank you...I was wrong...maybe you can be good"

Star hugged him back and felt a warmth in her chest. If the very characters she had hurt could believe that she was good, then maybe she was. Hero. 

Star found herself weeping. Maybe she really could be one.

I'm actually crying.

Should I be on the verge of tears IRL right now? ToT < why is there no crying face emoji

With Butt's and Star's minds melded he heard her thoughts and said to her, "You already are one." Butt stood up and reached out his hand.

Edited by The Forumlurker

Just now, The Forumlurker said:

Should I be on the verge of tears IRL right now? ToT < No crying face emoji

With Butt's and Star's minds melded he heard her thoughts and said to her, "You already are one." Butt stood up and reached out his hand.

I am too. Listening to Rockabye by Clean Bandit while writing this is not emotionally easy.

Star took it, standing and kissed him on the forehead. "I think @Jaywalk has something in store for you."

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Narrator Master of Silence chuckled darkly. Yes, I suppose you have.

She turned to the Master of Silence. "Don't fix the wall. He needs to know."