The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Pheonix opened his mind to Star.

It was lonely, being a Narrator. The only company you had was what you created yourself. And he'd gotten tired of that a long time ago.
He hadn't really been around for very long. But it seemed like an eternity. 
He saw the other Narrators together, sometimes. Sometimes, he was even included in what they were doing. But he always felt like he was an outsider, like none of them really knew him. 
He couldn't converse the same way they did. He could Narrate, sure. He could add to the story. But the mysteries of 'small talk' had always evaded him.
In his darkest moments, he'd considered giving up entirely. Erasing the character Narrator Pheonix and just letting the Narrative energy do its own thing.
But he never did. And that was because of Star.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Pheonix opened his mind to Star.

It was lonely, being a Narrator. The only company you had was what you created yourself. And he'd gotten tired of that a long time ago.
He hadn't really been around for very long. But it seemed like an eternity. 
He saw the other Narrators together, sometimes. Sometimes, he was even included in what they were doing. But he always felt like he was an outsider, like none of them really knew him. 
He couldn't converse the same way they did. He could Narrate, sure. He could add to the story. But the mysteries of 'small talk' had always evaded him.
In his darkest moments, he'd considered giving up entirely. Erasing the character Narrator Pheonix and just letting the Narrative energy do its own thing.
But he never did. And that was because of Star.

Star smiled. So what is it that you want?

Jaywalk waited until the families  dispersed, then sent Edna back as well. Jasnah had tears in her eyes. Max put his arm around her in comfort. “It’s okay, Mom. She’s okay.” Kelsier embraced them both.

With their father gone, Rose and Granite ran to their mother, but it seemed she was busy. They waited.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Narrator Pheonix looked down at his feet. "I want to know someone cares," he whispered. "That if I vanished from this world right now, someone would remember me. Someone would miss me."

"I know I would. Look at all the stories we've created. Fallen, Queen of Shadows, Reborn, Zeoy and the Mimes. What would I do without your creativity?"

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Narrator Pheonix smiled, feeling warmth and happiness surge through him.

"Thank you," he said, looking her directly in the eyes. "That means a lot to me."

Star brightened. "I'm glad I could do something right."

Just now, Jaywalk said:

“That, Star,” Jaywalk said. “Is why the Narrators should be equal. Stories only achieve their full potential when we work together in harmony.”

She paled, hanging her head. "Yes. I'm sorry."

And thus, the plot thickens. Will conflict with TLPW wreak havoc with interNarrator relationships? Will Pheonix work up the courage to tell Star how he feels? And what are those mimes up to, anyways?

Come back during the next time we have a meta-plot to see!