The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

It is much more limited, the guide corrected. It cannot create life, nor magic.

“Well then. I suppose I could use this.” The brave adventurer closes his eyes in concentration, beginning to form a forge and other blacksmithing materials.

On 5/27/2023 at 5:54 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"We are going to fill it with people."

The inspector sent out a message to several Narrators inviting them to place characters on the new world.

@Sequence @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Nameless* @The Bookwyrm @Szeth_Pancakes @NerdyAarakocra

The ally suddenly appeared at the gate.

"Should I be here or on the world at this point? Maybe I'll go check in with the adventurer."

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"And....what is Shaping?"

"A reality-bending ability much more limited in scope than Narration. Once you are admitted, you will receive a key that will allow you to change the shape and material of matter within the world according to simple patterns."

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

The ally suddenly appeared at the gate.

"Should I be here or on the world at this point? Maybe I'll go check in with the adventurer."

"You may, if you wish, assuming you follow the rules."

24 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"A reality-bending ability much more limited in scope than Narration. Once you are admitted, you will receive a key that will allow you to change the shape and material of matter within the world according to simple patterns."

"And how do I get admitted?"

Thaidakar nodded ever so slightly, trying to find flaws in the new world with his Narration. In his characteristic suit and his false smile disguising a look of paranoia, Thaidakar was truly a handsome man, but that was mostly overshadowed by his choices. As it should be. Thaidakar was an odd person, and that was that. His eccentricity had only grown after his screen time had slowly decreased, or suddenly decreased. Everything is sudden in the grand scheme of things, as the Narrator was growing fond of saying. He smiled softly, an edge of genuineness in the movement. This was an opportunity, perhaps. A new world... new people... new chances. This was his chance. Of course, Thaidakar would have to relinquish his powers to his son, Spook, who had proven himself quite worthy. However, Thaidakar was growing quite fond of his involvement in the thread. He would not like to simply give it away, not now. Perhaps not for a while longer. On the matter of Spook, something was odd with that boy. There had always been something. But this time... this time there was something different. Thaidakar had heard of the adventure in the Temple of Plot, but, nevertheless, something about it had him on edge. All of it. If there was a new enemy, why wasn't the villain, whoever they were, here yet? He would have to stew over it some more. If it wasn't Plot himself, who was it?

Beside the brave adventurer, a small fuzzy creature named Fluffy appeared out of nowhere. Of course, Fluffy was a blood thirsty creature who feasted on the corpses of its enemies. But that was only a side note. Fluffy was quite fond of tea. And crumpets! Fluffy was short, with the appearance of a puffball combined with an adorable puppy. In a high pitched voice, Fluffy said, "Hello there! What is this world?"

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Beside the brave adventurer, a small fuzzy creature named Fluffy appeared out of nowhere. Of course, Fluffy was a blood thirsty creature who feasted on the corpses of its enemies. But that was only a side note. Fluffy was quite fond of tea. And crumpets! Fluffy was short, with the appearance of a puffball combined with an adorable puppy. In a high pitched voice, Fluffy said, "Hello there! What is this world?"

The brave adventurer takes a break from hammering a molten piece of metal to greet the newcomer. “Not much of anything, yet. No one’s made anything of it. Well, except for me, but one blacksmith doesn’t define an entire world.”

11 minutes ago, shortcake said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have no idea what's happening plot-wise, along with literally everything else- I honestly just wanna randomly pop in here and be like, "POOF! I EXIST!" but idk if that would mess things up-

The current plot is that a world insulated from Narration has been made and the group that made it is inviting people in to populate it and shape it using the magic system known as “Shaping”, which seems to be a very watered-down form of Narration that allows one, with the proper tools, to create materials and objects with, but not living things.

@xinoehp512, did I get that all right?

4 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The current plot is that a world insulated from Narration has been made and the group that made it is inviting people in to populate it and shape it using the magic system known as “Shaping”, which seems to be a very watered-down form of Narration that allows one, with the proper tools, to create materials and objects with, but not living things.

Alright then. So- I suppose I volunteer to get "invited" (I don't know how to word anymore-) to the fancy new world (wowee!) ( @The Bookwyrm i'n pretty sure your a narrator thingy- although im probably wrong im kinda dumb sometimes- ANYWAY- can you do the invitey thingy or whatever it's called? (sorry if it seems like I don't care- I do- I'm just currently running on two hours of sleep and a small bowl of cottage cheese. That's all I've eaten today, but yea. OKAY SORRY FOR RAMBLING)

12 minutes ago, shortcake said:

Alright then. So- I suppose I volunteer to get "invited" (I don't know how to word anymore-) to the fancy new world (wowee!) ( @The Bookwyrm i'n pretty sure your a narrator thingy- although im probably wrong im kinda dumb sometimes- ANYWAY- can you do the invitey thingy or whatever it's called? (sorry if it seems like I don't care- I do- I'm just currently running on two hours of sleep and a small bowl of cottage cheese. That's all I've eaten today, but yea. OKAY SORRY FOR RAMBLING)

I think people are just showing up in the world, no need to be invited.

11 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

I think people are just showing up in the world, no need to be invited.

aight sweet. I'll start existing in this once I get back from camp (Saturday night, though I woill most likely get on here Sunday morning)

54 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The brave adventurer takes a break from hammering a molten piece of metal to greet the newcomer. “Not much of anything, yet. No one’s made anything of it. Well, except for me, but one blacksmith doesn’t define an entire world.”

Fluffy tilted its head, "Odd." Fluffy padded away, spirals of energy, seemingly unnoticed by Fluffy, trailing behind it. With every step, a path made of worn stone bricks formed.

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Fluffy tilted its head, "Odd." Fluffy padded away, spirals of energy, seemingly unnoticed by Fluffy, trailing behind it. With every step, a path made of worn stone bricks formed.

The brave adventurer watches Fluffy go, then turns back to his work at the forge.

On 6/8/2023 at 7:47 AM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Fuzzy appeared. She knelt down in front of Fluffy. “Oh. My. God. YOU ARE ADORABLE.”

18 hours ago, Sequence said:

Fuzzy appeared. She knelt down in front of Fluffy. “Oh. My. God. YOU ARE ADORABLE.”

Fluffy blinked, looking at the person named Fuzzy, "And you are..." It tilted its head, "I do not want to insult you. Apparently it's rude to call people's looks what they are in most places." It continued watching the odd being calling Fluffy adorable.

On 6/3/2023 at 9:02 PM, xinoehp512 said:

On 6/3/2023 at 10:27 PM, The Bookwyrm said:

"Declare your abilities and you will recieve a Shaper's Key."

On 6/7/2023 at 9:36 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The guide was there. A new world. She extended a metal spider-like device. Until your abilities can be analyzed, you should wear this. It will prevent... disturbances.

On 6/7/2023 at 11:42 PM, Nameless* said:

Yes. You need a Shaper's Key before you can start though!

11 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The guide was there. A new world. She extended a metal spider-like device. Until your abilities can be analyzed, you should wear this. It will prevent... disturbances.

Fluffy tilted its head, reaching for the spider-like device. It took it and stuffed it in a hidden pocket in its fur. "I am Fluffy the Third, legionnaire of the twelfth Negankerdakian legion, champion of the Supreme Furrball Fantabuloso, whose name is Cheddar. And you are?"

On 6/10/2023 at 8:50 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Fluffy blinked, looking at the person named Fuzzy, "And you are..." It tilted its head, "I do not want to insult you. Apparently it's rude to call people's looks what they are in most places." It continued watching the odd being calling Fluffy adorable.

“HelloIamFuzzyandyouareasmall fuzzycreatureanditiswonderful.” Fuzzy took a deep breath, regaining her composure. “Apologies, you probably have things to be doing right now. May I please pet you before you go?”

On 6/11/2023 at 10:09 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Fluffy tilted its head, reaching for the spider-like device. It took it and stuffed it in a hidden pocket in its fur. "I am Fluffy the Third, legionnaire of the twelfth Negankerdakian legion, champion of the Supreme Furrball Fantabuloso, whose name is Cheddar. And you are?"

I am the guide, said the guide, as the spider like device extended its arms and sank into Fluffy.

9 hours ago, Sequence said:

“HelloIamFuzzyandyouareasmall fuzzycreatureanditiswonderful.” Fuzzy took a deep breath, regaining her composure. “Apologies, you probably have things to be doing right now. May I please pet you before you go?”

Fluffy blinked, stepping away awkwardly.

26 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

I am the guide, said the guide, as the spider like device extended its arms and sank into Fluffy.

Fluffy didn't flinch, "Is there a purpose to this?"