The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The brave adventurer follows along behind Spook, whistling creakily.

Spook rounded the corner of the large chunk of rock. There was a metal trapdoor with green glowing crystals set into it, partially covered by the rock. Spook nodded, as if expecting this. He pulled out a small device, toying with it for a moment.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Spook rounded the corner of the large chunk of rock. There was a metal trapdoor with green glowing crystals set into it, partially covered by the rock. Spook nodded, as if expecting this. He pulled out a small device, toying with it for a moment.

The brave adventurer pulls out a knife and uses it to remove a piece of crystal from the trapdoor. He inspects it curiously, then stows it away in his cloak.

Edited by Nameless*

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

The brave adventurer pulls out a knife and uses it to remove a piece of crystal from the rock. He inspects it curiously, then stows it away in his cloak.

"Step back," Spook attached the device to the rock and stepped back calmly. A clicking noise came from the device as if in countdown.

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Step back," Spook attached the device to the rock and stepped back calmly. A clicking noise came from the device as if in countdown.

The brave adventurer steps back, keeping a wary eye on the device. “What are you seeking after on this quest? A Plotblade? An enemy? A secret? True love?”

The brave adventurer steps back, keeping a wary eye on the device. “What are you seeking after on this quest? A Plotblade? An enemy? A secret? True love?”

"What if I told you it was all four?" The device clicked faster. Suddenly, it and the chunk of rock turned into ashes. Spook walked forward, trying to open the trapdoor.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"What if I told you it was all four?" The device clicked faster. Suddenly, it and the chunk of rock turned into ashes. Spook walked forward, trying to open the trapdoor.

The brave adventurer grabs the trapdoor and helps Spook lift it open. “I’d be surprised. It’s not often that you see a quest for romance in these parts.”

The brave adventurer grabs the trapdoor and helps Spook lift it open. “I’d be surprised. It’s not often that you see a quest for romance in these parts.”

Spook smiled, a rarity these days. The trapdoor opened, revealing a long ladder down into darkness. Occasionally, a green crystal sparkled in the deep depths of the tunnel. Spook put his hat into his backpack and started climbing down the ladder.

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Spook smiled, a rarity these days. The trapdoor opened, revealing a long ladder down into darkness. Occasionally, a green crystal sparkled in the deep depths of the tunnel. Spook put his hat into his backpack and started climbing down the ladder.

The brave adventurer follows, cloak billowing as he climbs down into the depths. “You didn’t answer my question. Is it all four?”

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

"You don't know that. And there are ways to know about things without seeing them yourself. That's why I asked."

Subversion smirked. “I suppose you’re right. However, wouldn’t the person who made the monster be a better source of information that the person who probably barely even knows it exists?”

4 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The brave adventurer follows, cloak billowing as he climbs down into the depths. “You didn’t answer my question. Is it all four?”

"That's right, I didn't answer. Very observant of you, Sherlock." He continued climbing down.

Subversion smirked. “I suppose you’re right. However, wouldn’t the person who made the monster be a better source of information that the person who probably barely even knows it exists?”

"...Oh."

Bookwyrm sighed and put his head in his hand.

"But it's not like you're going to tell me anything."

The brave adventurer looks down, judging the distance to the ground. Then he leaps off, falling past Spook and disappearing into the darkness below. A loud thump follows, and the brave adventurer’s voice echoes up to Spook. “Private person, are you? Well, whatever you’re after, I’m sure the quest to find it will be fun.” @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Subversion laughed deviously. “Of course I’ll tell you about it. No use holding back the details about a dead monster, is it? What specifically do you want to know? How it survived a Mordite blade, I assume?

@The Bookwyrm

The brave adventurer looks down, judging the distance to the ground. Then he leaps off, falling past Spook and disappearing into the darkness below. A loud thump follows, and the brave adventurer’s voice echoes up to Spook. “Private person, are you? Well, whatever you’re after, I’m sure the quest to find it will be fun.” @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Spook jumped down, falling beside the adventurer. He tapped his watch, a light coming from it. The tunnel was in a circular shape, crystals glittering dimly on the walls. They couldn't see the other end of the tunnel from there. "I am a private person, unlike my father."

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood
forgot to put in dialogue

On 3/28/2023 at 1:47 PM, Nameless* said:

"Pretty much." Moni turned her head to look at the lawn outside, scarred by the battle that had taken place there last night. "Are you sure there wasn't anything? You're not hiding it from me just because you know I hate getting into Plot, right?"

"Do I know that?" said 655, his mouth partially full with breakfast. "Well, I guess I know that now."

3 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion raised an eyebrow. “How would he know anything about it? He never met the thing.”

"Correction. I didn't know anything about it. Before it traipsed all over Onyx's domain, that is." 

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion laughed deviously. “Of course I’ll tell you about it. No use holding back the details about a dead monster, is it? What specifically do you want to know? How it survived a Mordite blade, I assume?

@The Bookwyrm

"I imagine that is likely related to it not being a single coherent entity."

16 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The inspector blinked. "Wait. You made the monster?"

@Nameless*

Edited by xinoehp512

The brave adventurer smiles. “You don’t think Thaidakar is a private person?”

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Moni nodded, face falling slightly. “Yes, I do. Adventures just aren’t for me.” She hesitated, still staring out the window. “We could try to find out why you showed up here. Just in case it’s important. Do you know anyone who’d be helpful with that? A friend maybe?”

Subversion frowned. “Yes, that’s why it survived the Mordite, and yes, I did make the thing. I had a Plotblade sitting around, and the perfect character to mold to it. How could I pass up the opportunity?”

@xinoehp512

Edited by Nameless*

Just now, Nameless* said:

The brave adventurer smiles. “You don’t think Thaidakar is a private person?”

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

"I don't care what he is as long as he stays away from me," Spook put a hand to the wall, taking a chip of rock and putting it in his pocket. "I know a lot about dear ol' dad. I just want to be far away from him..."

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I don't care what he is as long as he stays away from me," Spook put a hand to the wall, taking a chip of rock and putting it in his pocket. "I know a lot about dear ol' dad. I just want to be far away from him..."

“Not a good relationship, then? What about him don’t you like?”

5 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion frowned. “Yes, that’s why it survived the Mordite, and yes, I did make the thing. I had a Plotblade sitting around, and the perfect character to mold to it. How could I pass up the opportunity?”

"How'd you make it immune to Mordite?"

8 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Moni nodded, face falling slightly. “Yes, I do. Adventures just aren’t for me.” She hesitated, still staring out the window. “We could try to find out why you showed up here. Just in case it’s important. Do you know anyone who’d be helpful with that? A friend maybe?”

"Do I?" asked 655. "I don't remember any. Well, except for you. Sort of."

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"How'd you make it immune to Mordite?"

"It's not immune. Nothing is immune. It's simply differently vulnerable, due to being distributed instead of centralized."

10 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

@xinoehp512

"Interesting," remarked the inspector, making a note on his clipboard.

11 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Everything," Spook said tersely, continuing on.

The brave adventurer follows, remaining silent for the moment.

“It wasn’t ‘immune’ to Mordite, just able to survive it temporarily because it was made up of a multitude of souls. The Mordite destroyed the souls one after another, and would have eventually been effective in completely eradicating the creature. It would have been better for Rym to target the Plotblade, but I suppose he wanted to claim it for himself. Still, I’d guess that the Mordite destabilizing the Plotblade was what allowed it to split as it did.”

Moni finished her breakfast and stood up, moving her dishes to the sink. “Well, I know some people we could ask, but I’m not really sure they’d know anything. Normally I’d suggest your Narrator, but… that probably won’t work here.”

@xinoehp512 @The Bookwyrm

Edited by Nameless*

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

After a bit, he said, "My father thinks that he is a hero. He is arrogant, self centered and delusional."

The brave adventurer stares into the darkness ahead, expression conflicted.

Edited by Nameless*

12 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Moni finished her breakfast and stood up, moving her dishes to the sink. “Well, I know some people we could ask, but I’m not really sure they’d know anything. Normally I’d suggest your Narrator, but… that probably won’t work here.”

@xinoehp512 @The Bookwyrm

655 took a bite of cereal. "Well, anything's worth a try. Who were you thinking of?"

13 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

“It wasn’t ‘immune’ to Mordite, just able to survive it temporarily because it was made up of a multitude of souls. The Mordite destroyed the souls one after another, and would have eventually been effective in completely eradicating the creature. It would have been better for Rym to target the Plotblade, but I suppose he wanted to claim it for himself. Still, I’d guess that the Mordite destabilizing the Plotblade was what allowed it to split as it did.”

The inspector seemed a bit miffed for some reason.