The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

On 3/23/2023 at 3:25 PM, xinoehp512 said:

The destroyer slammed his blade into the ground, turning his whole focus to containing the chaos.

Silence, he commanded, projecting order.

The souls quieted briefly, then began again, tearing at the destroyer's mind.

On 3/23/2023 at 3:25 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"Is it nighttime already?" 655 asked, suprised.

Moni looked up from her breakfast, morning light shining through the windows of Nameless' house. "Well, it was. Did you sleep well?"

--

Subversion appeared next to Bookwyrm, nodding to the guide. "You want to know the nature of that Blade? I can tell you that."

@The Bookwyrm

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"No thank you. I prefer the board game."

"Later in the project, it will be required. Now, not so much- though Onyx cannot be held liable for any injuries you sustain due to said decision."

"There's a board game!??"

"I have yet to be injured, and in moments of stress, I can send my physical self back if needed. I promise I won't sue Onyx, blah blah blah, can we move on now?"

2 hours ago, Nameless* said:

The souls quieted briefly, then began again, tearing at the destroyer's mind.

The destroyers thoughts stood resolute and Silent.

Enough, he thought contemptuously. You fight and bicker, trying to destroy each other in your vitriol. You want revenge, but for what? Is there anything besides mindless hatred?

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Yep.

"Curious," murmured the inspector. "Curious indeed..." He glanced up. "The blade appears to be fragmented. Without the whole, it is hard to say precisely determine its core Intent. If I took it back to my lab, perhaps I-"

Subversion appeared next to Bookwyrm, nodding to the guide. "You want to know the nature of that Blade? I can tell you that."

@The Bookwyrm

The inspector twitched slightly as Subversion appeared. "Hello," he said evenly, pulling out his clipboard. "And who might you be?"

47 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"There's a board game!??"

"Indeed. One of my favorites, in fact. I will have to show it to you another time."

47 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I have yet to be injured, and in moments of stress, I can send my physical self back if needed. I promise I won't sue Onyx, blah blah blah, can we move on now?"

"Of course," the inspector replied, pulling out a sheet of paper and unrolling it. On it were several star charts, each representing a different angle. "Here," he stated, laying them flat on the floor. "We'll start with this."

Moni looked up from her breakfast, morning light shining through the windows of Nameless' house. "Well, it was. Did you sleep well?"

"Excellently!" 655 said in a raspy voice, then coughed. "But, ah, I might need some water."

12 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Indeed. One of my favorites, in fact. I will have to show it to you another time."

"Of course," the inspector replied, pulling out a sheet of paper and unrolling it. On it were several star charts, each representing a different angle. "Here," he stated, laying them flat on the floor. "We'll start with this."

"Am I supposed to know what this is? Besides the obvious answer of star charts."

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

"Am I supposed to know what this is? Besides the obvious answer of star charts."

"You have, as they say, 'gotten in it one.' They are indeed star charts. Our job- or, well, your job- is to take what you see here and replicate it out there." The inspector gestured out at the vast expanse of empty space.

10 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You have, as they say, 'gotten in it one.' They are indeed star charts. Our job- or, well, your job- is to take what you see here and replicate it out there." The inspector gestured out at the vast expanse of empty space.

The ally looked up from the charts. "Will I have any assistance? What will you be doing?"

How is the inspector both with me and Bookwyrm?

44 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

The ally looked up from the charts. "Will I have any assistance? What will you be doing?"

How is the inspector both with me and Bookwyrm?

"Other things," said the inspector vaguely. "I'll be back later to check up on how you are doing."

With that, he vanished.

It's asynchronous. All the stuff with the ally happened before the stuff with Bookwyrm.

25 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Other things," said the inspector vaguely. "I'll be back later to check up on how you are doing."

With that, he vanished.

It's asynchronous. All the stuff with the ally happened before the stuff with Bookwyrm.

That's what I assumed. Darn continuity! If it were me, I totally would have just made it so he could exist in the unreal space and the physical world at the same time :P 

The ally bends down to look at the star charts, committing them to memory.

12 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The destroyers thoughts stood resolute and Silent.

Enough, he thought contemptuously. You fight and bicker, trying to destroy each other in your vitriol. You want revenge, but for what? Is there anything besides mindless hatred?

"Curious," murmured the inspector. "Curious indeed..." He glanced up. "The blade appears to be fragmented. Without the whole, it is hard to say precisely determine its core Intent. If I took it back to my lab, perhaps I-"

The inspector twitched slightly as Subversion appeared. "Hello," he said evenly, pulling out his clipboard. "And who might you be?"

"Excellently!" 655 said in a raspy voice, then coughed. "But, ah, I might need some water."

The voices of the creature were silent for a time. When they spoke again, they were quiet, speaking in a semblance of unison. We want to be whole. They killed us, stole us. We cannot be whole until we have reclaimed what was stolen.

Subversion smiled. “I’m Subversion, current Narrator of Namless. Speaking of, he told me to tell you the powers of ‘Suddenly, Pineapples’.”

Moni nodded, gesturing towards a jug sitting on the table. “So, do you have any quests you need to go on? Have any prophetic dreams last night?”

40 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The voices of the creature were silent for a time. When they spoke again, they were quiet, speaking in a semblance of unison. We want to be whole. They killed us, stole us. We cannot be whole until we have reclaimed what was stolen.

They, hmm?  The destroyer narrowed his eyes. Which they?

46 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion smiled. “I’m Subversion, current Narrator of Namless. Speaking of, he told me to tell you the powers of ‘Suddenly, Pineapples’.”

The inspector's pen stopped. "Oh?"

48 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Moni nodded, gesturing towards a jug sitting on the table. “So, do you have any quests you need to go on? Have any prophetic dreams last night?”

655 picked up the jug and guzzled it. "Ah," he said, clinking the jug back down on the table. "No, not that I can recall."

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

That's what I assumed. Darn continuity! If it were me, I totally would have just made it so he could exist in the unreal space and the physical world at the same time :P 

Who's to say he can't? :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

655 picked up the jug and guzzled it. "Ah," he said, clinking the jug back down on the table. "No, not that I can recall."

Who's to say he can't? :ph34r:

well... I didn't say he can't, that would've just been my first explanation :P 

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Additional angles blinked in and out of existence, giving details on the exact position of each star in the depicted universe.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

The ones called Rym and Avatar. They wanted our power, so they killed us and  took it. If they had not, then you would be us. We would be us. There would be no us. We would be whole.

“Yes. My Author wishes to inform you that the Plotblade of ‘Suddenly, Pineapples’ is utterly powerless. Its very nature is antithetical to Plot’s, and Nameless is surprised that it is even a Plotblade. Perhaps it is the means by which Plot was killed, something utterly against his nature forcibly incorporated into his being.”

“Odd. I’d think whoever sent you here would have some Plot they’d want to send you on, dragging me with you.” Moni frowned. “Well, that’s fine with me, I suppose. I’ve been doing just fine without Plot in my life.” She went back to her breakfast, a slightly disgruntled look on her face.

Edited by Nameless*

53 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The ones called Rym and Avatar. They wanted our power, so they killed us and  took it. If they had not, then you would be us. We would be us. There would be no us. We would be whole.

The destroyer narrowed his eyes further, feeling the power of Unity- how it was shattered, fragmented.

Well, he said out loud. Let's fix that, then.

With a massive heave, the two forms became one. The mass of the creature began to contort and shrink, until it had taken upon it the shape of the destroyer. The amalgamation raised his arm, bearing the fusion of the Plotblade of Unity and the Blade of Quidan. 

"I will find them," he called out in a voice echoed by hissing. "Wherever they are."

In a flash of black light, he teleported away.

55 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

“Yes. My Author wishes to inform you that the Plotblade of ‘Suddenly, Pineapples’ is utterly powerless. Its very nature is antithetical to Plot’s, and Nameless is surprised that it is even a Plotblade. Perhaps it is the means by which Plot was killed, something utterly against his nature forcibly incorporated into his being.”

"Curious," the inspector muttered, tapping his crystalline glasses-eyes and staring at his clipboard. "Perhaps it is similar to the incorporation of Onyx's authority into Lore...? I will have to investigate at a later date." He turned his gaze towards Subversion. "Now. You claim to know the nature of this Blade?"

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

“Odd. I’d think whoever sent you here would have some Plot they’d want to send you on, dragging me with you.” Moni frowned. “Well, that’s fine with me, I suppose. I’ve been doing just fine without Plot in my life.” She went back to her breakfast, a slightly disgruntled look on her face.

"Oh," said 655. "Is that what usually happens?"

28 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Curious," the inspector muttered, tapping his crystalline glasses-eyes and staring at his clipboard. "Perhaps it is similar to the incorporation of Onyx's authority into Lore...? I will have to investigate at a later date." He turned his gaze towards Subversion. "Now. You claim to know the nature of this Blade?"

"Of course. I went to great lengths to claim that Blade. It's the blade of Unity, although it does appear to be in quite a state of disrepair." Subversion shook her head in annoyance. "That Avatar fellow is quite annoying, Bookwyrm. My plot with the monster was going excellently before he butted in. Rym was going to push it until it came to a new realization of its powers and then it would escape, and it would run rampant across the thread as a cool antagonist for quite some time before someone managed to stop it." She sighed. "It would have been so perfect."

37 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Oh," said 655. "Is that what usually happens?"

"Pretty much." Moni turned her head to look at the lawn outside, scarred by the battle that had taken place there last night. "Are you sure there wasn't anything? You're not hiding it from me just because you know I hate getting into Plot, right?"

On 3/28/2023 at 2:47 PM, Nameless* said:

"Of course. I went to great lengths to claim that Blade. It's the blade of Unity, although it does appear to be in quite a state of disrepair." Subversion shook her head in annoyance. "That Avatar fellow is quite annoying, Bookwyrm. My plot with the monster was going excellently before he butted in. Rym was going to push it until it came to a new realization of its powers and then it would escape, and it would run rampant across the thread as a cool antagonist for quite some time before someone managed to stop it." She sighed. "It would have been so perfect."

Bookwyrm gave Subversion a dry look. "He wasn't my choice. Not at this level of my being, anyway. I suppose my author could have had different thoughts, but considering I'm a version of him..." he trailed off. "Anyway, for now, The Plotblade of Unity is split. Whatever we have here, and whatever Avatar took from it."

He turned to the inspector. "Do you know anything about that monster that had the Plotblade before Rym got it?"

@xinoehp512

Spook, son and heir of the old moldy cow known as Thaidakar, smiled to himself as he adjusted his signed Indiana Jones hat and looked out over the old ruins of some ancient city of the Ghanderflaffles. He checked the medallion again. Good, he was close now. The blade should be near... Spook walked along the ruins, admiring the ancient architecture. The Ghanderflaffles had always been an object of fascination for Spook. His own son, AdoKho, worked alongside them every day as a member of their law enforcement. Thaidakar detested them, and that made Spook like them even more. Spook chuckled to himself. The old geezer knew little to nothing about Spook, despite Spook trying to connect with him. Thaidakar had tried too, but hadn't... hadn't focused on it. Thaidakar always got distracted by something. Some quest that he was convinced would save the world. A meaningless effort to save lives even as he put them all at jeopardy... Spook whistled softly, clearing his head of those thoughts. Enough about the old cow, Spook had things to get to. Spook pulled out the medallion once more and looked around as it did the job. Something caught his eye, a faint glow coming from behind a chunk of rock. Spook pulled out a small narrator blade that Thaidakar had lent him and rounded the corner...

13 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm gave Subversion a dry look. "He wasn't my choice. Not at this level of my being, anyway. I suppose my author could have had different thoughts, but considering I'm a version of him..." he trailed off. "Anyway, for now, The Plotblade of Unity is split. Whatever we have here, and whatever Avatar took from it."

He turned to the inspector. "Do you know anything about that monster that had the Plotblade before Rym got it?"

@xinoehp512

Subversion raised an eyebrow. “How would he know anything about it? He never met the thing.”

The brave adventurer walks up behind Spook. “Hey! Do I hear you thinking about a quest of some sort?”

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Spook turned, nodding, "Yes. Who're you?" He tucked the medallion back into his pocket.

The brave adventurer shrugs. “Nobody important. Just a guy who likes quests. Speaking of, what’s yours? Something to do with that medallion, I assume.”

4 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The brave adventurer shrugs. “Nobody important. Just a guy who likes quests. Speaking of, what’s yours? Something to do with that medallion, I assume.”

"It does have something to do with the medallion." Spook said. "You may tag along as long as you don't get in the way." Spook turned, conversation ended, and continued over to the chunk of rock.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"It does have something to do with the medallion." Spook said. "You may tag along as long as you don't get in the way." Spook turned, conversation ended, and continued over to the chunk of rock.

The brave adventurer follows along behind Spook, whistling creakily.