The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

41 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"No, because then he can't destroy TLT." Platypus explains in a patient 'I'm talking to a toddler' voice.

Kilometers begins fading from where he is on the ground.

Subversion frowned angrily. "You know something Platypus? You're no fun. That guy was going to have an amazing arc, and you've ruined it."

4 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Subversion frowned angrily. "You know something Platypus? You're no fun. That guy was going to have an amazing arc, and you've ruined it."

"Maybe I'm no fun to you because what you think is fun is undermining all the power of threads and I don't. Besides, there is more at play here than you understand puny Narrator. The arc might still happen." Platypus growls at Subversion.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Maybe I'm no fun to you because what you think is fun is undermining all the power of threads and I don't. Besides, there is more at play here than you understand puny Narrator. The arc might still happen." Platypus growls at Subversion.

"Puny Narrator?" Subversion smiled. "I like undermining all the power of threads? You understand me completely, don't you?"

12 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Puny Narrator?" Subversion smiled. "I like undermining all the power of threads? You understand me completely, don't you?"

"It's possible I do, I never claimed perfect knowledge." Platypus laughs. "But, I mean, it's in the name. And I like to insult people who don't understand what is truly going on. That includes you. Because you still haven't realized who, or rather what, I am."

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"It's possible I do, I never claimed perfect knowledge." Platypus laughs. "But, I mean, it's in the name. And I like to insult people who don't understand what is truly going on. That includes you. Because you still haven't realized who, or rather what, I am."

"And what are you? Someone that couldn't even see through a simple illusion until it was too late? Someone who caused the death of an innocent? The single person most culpable for my ascension to my status as Narrator?"

"I am something you've never been able to understand. I am patience. I am love. I am sometimes hatred and fear. I am, in essence, emotion incarnate. And for you to pin Valiant's death on me, of all people? That is cowardly, even for you. I don't stand for cowardice. I stand for those of us with the willingness to act, not just hide and pretend to be all powerful. What do you stand for Subversion? I will admit that I probably did cause your ascension. I freely proclaim it! I am willing to do things and thus can perform works beyond your limited understanding. You shouldn't have allowed me to do this. I shouldn't do it. But it has come to this." Platypus grimaces. "Farewell Subversion. Or don't. I couldn't care less. TLT could be finished."