The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

While everyone else charged, Unintelligible hung back, glancing at Rym’s Mordite blade. “You just carry that thing around with you? Aren’t you worried about someone stealing it?”

@Ookla the Perpetual

Rym shrugged. "Not really. I'm a Narrator's Avatar; that comes with some perks. Including the fact that the sword can't be separated from me. If someone tries to steal it, a Narration brings it right back. Unless I want someone else to have it, of course."

Bookwyrm sensed his Avatar start a conversation with Unintelligible.

That's fine. I should be able to take care of this by myself.

He followed the group to the door of Subversion's base.

27 minutes ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Rym shrugged. "Not really. I'm a Narrator's Avatar; that comes with some perks. Including the fact that the sword can't be separated from me. If someone tries to steal it, a Narration brings it right back. Unless I want someone else to have it, of course."

"Really? That's pretty cool. Didn't know that Avatar's got benefits like that. I don't think Moni ever got anything like that. Maybe that's part of why she... hm. Do you get any other perks from being an Avatar?"

you wanna know something cool? The plot started more than 20 pages back.

meanwhile:

As platypus walks around the building a small rift in space appears. Platypus took a blade out and cut a whole in the wall. He then put it back in and the rift disappeared. As he walked in, however... Don't finish this.

*cuts back to other people's POV*

Edited by Ookla the platypus

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Really? That's pretty cool. Didn't know that Avatar's got benefits like that. I don't think Moni ever got anything like that. Maybe that's part of why she... hm. Do you get any other perks from being an Avatar?"

"It's not really something that every Avatar gets. But Bookwyrm likes to help me out, so he's augmented me with lots of Narrations that make my job easier. Same with Found the Kitten, and the Selffalfrednahgs."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

"It's not really something that every Avatar gets. But Bookwyrm likes to help me out, so he's augmented me with lots of Narrations that make my job easier. Same with Found the Kitten, and the Selffalfrednahgs."

"I see. Well, we should probably catch up to the others." Unintelligible gestured for Rym to go on ahead of him. "I'm sure they need our help for right about now."

1 minute ago, Sequence said:

"That's not what I meant. Can't the Witherlord literally just make that sword kill anyone whenever he wants to? Doesn't seem like the best item to carry around for fun."

"If he wanted to, he could already kill pretty much anyone whenever he wants to."

Just now, Sequence said:

"Maybe I am!" Everyone said. "And maybe everyone else should be as well! It's a MORDITE sword!"

Unintelligible shrugged. "I'm sure he won't kill anyone too important. Besides, without that sword it'll be pretty difficult to kill Subversion, if and when we find her."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Unintelligible shrugged. "I'm sure he won't kill anyone too important. Besides, without that sword it'll be pretty difficult to kill Subversion, if and when we find her."

Everyone gave Unintelligible a flat look. "Whatever."

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"What, you want to kill Rym and take the sword from him by force?"

"Of course not!" Everyone exclaimed. "I want to kill Rym and destroy the sword. Or wait, you can't destroy Mordite... I want to kill Rym and throw the sword to the bottom of the ocean on some forgotten and remote planet."

Just now, Sequence said:

"Of course not!" Everyone exclaimed. "I want to kill Rym and destroy the sword. Or wait, you can't destroy Mordite... I want to kill Rym and throw the sword to the bottom of the ocean on some forgotten and remote planet."

"You're sure you wouldn't want to kill anyone with that sword first?"