The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

The Other Cloaked Figure was extremely shocked to see a fireball shooting at his face. He summoned his Rootshield and blocked the flame, then smacked his Rootshield with a cloaked hand.

"Ay ma mate," Gurgles grumbled, "Why'd ya do that ta me?"

"You," The Other Cloaked Figure replied, allowing the Rootspren to return to his normal form, "Are supposed to be good, remember?" He pointed a cloaked finger at the other Rootspren. "Bonds are supposed to change you! What happened to our Oaths? Do they mean nothing to you?"

The Other Cloaked Figure picked up Gurgles. "You're coming with me, spren. We're going to Uruthiru, and we're going to have a long chat. Let's go." He sucked in some Stormlight and disappeared in a splash of Root.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Unintelligible looked around. "Have things calmed down now? Because I think I know where Subversion is."

"Cool." Everyone said, swaying on their feet a bit. "Who's prison are you going to take us to this time?  Foe's? The FBI's? Ooh, maybe the Gulag?"

9 hours ago, Sequence said:

"Cool." Everyone said, swaying on their feet a bit. "Who's prison are you going to take us to this time?  Foe's? The FBI's? Ooh, maybe the Gulag?"

2 hours ago, Ookla the platypus said:

"Could Eof do it, or are you planning to? I bet Eof would do it... Probably."

“I’m sure Eof could do it, but I don’t think we should rely on his help. And I don’t think we need it either.”

Unintelligible pointed at a distant plume of smoke rising over the Ghanderflaffle empire.

Everyone shrugged. "I guess that's what happens when a Narrator creates a bunch of potentially malevelant avatar-like beings to compete for the title of Nameless' heir. I would've thought that Moni would be a no-brainer. Hm, now that I think about it, Moni's been missing for quite a while. At least hundred pages, right?"

34 minutes ago, Sequence said:

"I'll go with dead. Rest in Peace, Moni." Everyone looked at the smoke again. "So, why is this so important again?" They asked Unintelligible.

"Oh, I don't think she's dead exactly." Unintelligible coughed, clearly trying to hold in a laugh. "And the reason we're going after Subversion is because she killed Valiant, remember? We have to take vengeance on her for killing a guy who only wanted to live a nice, happy life."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

We have to take vengeance on her for killing a guy who only wanted to live a nice, happy life."

What if I like killing people who only want to live nice, happy lives? I mean, Brandon Sanderson does it all the time and we clearly all appreciate him. 

Out loud, Rue says, “Poor Valiant. Here, I’ll make us a portal.” 

A light flashes, but when it clears, we’re somewhere completely unexpected…