The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

"You want to see me try?" Phillipe asks, glowing and rising into the air. "Is that really what you want? I can do it. Your Ookla abilities have nothing on my Narratively enhanced Ookla abilities, not to mention my Narration. But I digress. We need to go find her. SHE KILLED VALIANT!!!"

"While we're here, Szeth, wanna join us?"

Coughing blood, the Other Cloaked Figure stood and ripped the knife out of his back. He turned to his Rootspren and raised an eyebrow.

"You could've warned me that would happen!"

The Rootspren, Gurgles, shrugged his blobby shoulders. He looked like a pool of root on the ground. When he moved, he moved like an amoeba. "Ya healed. It's fiiine."

The Other Cloaked Figure glared at the spren. "Ah right, fine, I'll tell you next time!" Gurgles grumbled, blobbing across the ground.

Unintelligible took offense to all the non-quest stuff going on, so he decided to just teleport everyone, including Szeth, to the source of the greatest currently active evil in TLT, rationalizing that this would be bound to be where Subversion was hiding.

He was wrong. Very wrong.