The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Rue burps. “Bein’ able to kill with a thought, make people do wha’ I wan’, basically telepor’, an’ boss kings ain’t enough for ya? Fine. I got one of dos asha’man as a warder, and I don’t stay drunk for more’n 5 minutes. This’ll wear off soon.”

6 hours ago, Ookla the platypus said:

"I take offense. The platypus wasn't going to lead you. I, Grand Marshall of Lore, Phillipe, am. We're waiting on a few of my allies. they should be along in a little bit. give it a few hours and then we'll go fight, with or without the ones who haven't showed up.

one of them is trying to convince chaos to remove his thing that makes it so mods have to approve his content. a few others haven't contacted me. if they don't, we'll continue the plot anyway.

This is not how moderation works, and will never be how it works. Popularity contests or campaigning for a such a thing will do absolutely nothing and actively hurt your case. Do not ever contact a mod because you want something lifted for a friend. Your input is irrelevant. 

If someone would like to make calls, you can apply to be a mod here: 

Otherwise, uh, please don't be an idiot about this. I doubt you even have much context for the events, you are just looking out for a friend, but please, this is incredibly dumb of you. Let the natural course of things happen, be mature, and be respectful. 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

This is not how moderation works, and will never be how it works. Popularity contests or campaigning for a such a thing will do absolutely nothing and actively hurt your case. Do not ever contact a mod because you want something lifted for a friend. Your input is irrelevant. 

huh? my friend is @Wits instant noodles. I wasn't trying to contact you. I was telling them that that's why i was waiting to start the plot here. sorry again, I didn't mean to ping you. Again, I wasn't trying to get you to lift his penalty, I was just explaining why I was waiting so sorry if that's what it looked like.

My apologies for accidentally summoning you completely unnecessarily. I'm just forgetful sometimes and forgot that you have a ton of stuff to do.

11 minutes ago, Ookla the platypus said:

huh? my friend is @Wits instant noodles. I wasn't trying to contact you. I was telling them that that's why i was waiting to start the plot here. sorry again, I didn't mean to ping you. Again, I wasn't trying to get you to lift his penalty, I was just explaining why I was waiting so sorry if that's what it looked like.

My apologies for accidentally summoning you completely unnecessarily. I'm just forgetful sometimes and forgot that you have a ton of stuff to do.

Well, for context, one of you in your group of friends did specifically PM me asking, which is very silly. Anyway.

"Welp, I'm only done this in a highly contained location and on accident, so standard disclaimer. This may not be entirely safe, blah blah blah, everybody ready? If you aren't, too bad."

As soon as platypus finishes speaking, they appear in a dark alley.

"Blast it Unintelligible," platypus says, looking around nervously. "You made me think of the Dark Alley. Let's try again before they notice us."

Suddenly our heroes appear in a dim, musty room in front of Subversion.

"SUBVERSION!!! YOUR CRIMES MUST CEASE!!!!! And also, we're being followed. Whatever was watching us is with us still. Rym, watch our backs. Make sure the whatever-it-is doesn't attack and harm us. Unintelligible, Rue, let's get this fool. Platypus, just, uh, make sure that we don't get ambushed. Use your Narration if you have too. Everyone, help out where you deem necessary. WE GOT THIS!!!!"

Narrator Platypus yells as he is contained in a giant room. The room and vines start to fade as he is mysteriously getting choked.

@Ookla the Untitled, we need someone to be Subversion besides me, I'm bad at it.

Edited by Ookla the platypus

31 minutes ago, Ookla the platypus said:

Rym, watch our backs. Make sure the whatever-it-is doesn't attack and harm us.

Rym drew his sword from it's sheath on his back, spinning and watching for any danger. He activated his precognition.

"Let me know if there's anything else you need me to do!" he yelled to Phillipe.

Subversion's illusion fades away, revealing the actual location that everyone is in.\

The landscape is broken, covered in green. Shapes move in the shadows around the group, shifting vines surround them. tentatively, one of the vines wraps itself around Rym's boot.

"Uh, guys? I don't think it worked." Unintelligible shooed a vine away from him, backing towards the rest of the group. "I don't know where we are, but I think we should probably leave before these plants get too hungry."

As he says this, a shriek sounds in the distance.

Edited by Ookla the Untitled