The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Subversion felt the denizens of TLT plotting against her, and grinned. With all this attention I'm getting, I'm practically guaranteed to be Nameless' heir. Valiant may have been a fool, but his plan did work. He was just too simple to pull it off.

1 hour ago, Ookla the platypus said:

dang it, i was afraid of that. thanks, I'll edit it so it's outside of quotes as well. thanks

I don't think edited @'s work.

Subversion finished her preparations for the attack that she knew was coming, sheathing Valiant's Narrationblade now that she was done Narrating. All I have to do now is wait.

fiiine. I'll just do the instructions for the post again

(important stuff for the allies that I ping in there. nothing important for those other than the users that got pinged when I said that. ya'll are welcome to look, it just has instructions for them. anybody else is welcome to help. just read the instructions if you want to. And contact me with info about your character if you want to help at all, pinged or not.)

Spoiler

@Ookla the Ta'veren and @Wits instant noodles and @SymphonianBookworm and @Ookla the Debonair and @Ookla the Myopic and @Ookla the Keys, I summon you to this thread to be my (Phillipe's) allies in taking the narrator-to-maybe-be down. It would involve both role-playing and dealing with Plot on TLT. I may also call upon you later to add a second character and be my (platypus') allies. thanks.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

For the above users only

Spoiler

if you have a problem with either of those things, feel free to PM or DM me about it I'll lump you all in a message so we can talk about it if you agree. thanks. please try to contact me within a couple days.

ALLIES, I SUMMON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Ookla the Ta'veren and @Wits instant noodles and @SymphonianBookworm and @Ookla the Debonair and @Ookla the Myopic and @Ookla the Keys, read the instructions in the spoliers.

Edited by Ookla the platypus

The Other Cloaked Figure stepped the chaos, extremely confused. He lugged a massive handcart behind him filled with...

barrels?

"Hey, guys? Can we not try to kill each other for a few seconds?" He opened the lid of one of the barrels and smiled, dipping a ladle into it and pulling out a ladle-full of a brown liquid. He poured it into a mug.

"Does anyone want some root?" he asked, holding out the mug in a cloaked hand. "It's really tasty - fresh from the Fountain of Root!"

9 hours ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Unintelligible gave Everyone a sideways glance. “When did you grow an emotional side?”

Everyone looked sour. "When Fuzzy messed with my personal attributes to get me to stop my lifelong quest to murder you, it had some side effects."

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Floofy said:

The Other Cloaked Figure stepped the chaos, extremely confused. He lugged a massive handcart behind him filled with...

barrels?

"Hey, guys? Can we not try to kill each other for a few seconds?" He opened the lid of one of the barrels and smiled, dipping a ladle into it and pulling out a ladle-full of a brown liquid. He poured it into a mug.

"Does anyone want some root?" he asked, holding out the mug in a cloaked hand. "It's really tasty - fresh from the Fountain of Root!"

'We should kill first, and celebrate later."

2 minutes ago, Sequence said:

The Other Cloaked figure looked very offended (as offended as one could look when one was completely cloaked)

"I worked for years to find the Fountain of Root! And no one appreciates this?" He downed the mug in one gulp. "Guess I'll get drunk all by myself, then."

4 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Everyone looked sour. "When Fuzzy messed with my personal attributes to get me to stop my lifelong quest to murder you, it had some side effects."

"Ah, I see. Sorry about that. You sure you don't want to make a plan first? Before going on a murderous rampage of vengeance, that is." Unintelligible took another sip of root.

Edited by Ookla the Untitled

1 minute ago, Ookla the Floofy said:

The Other Cloaked figure looked very offended (as offended as one could look when one was completely cloaked)

"I worked for years to find the Fountain of Root! And no one appreciates this?" He downed the mug in one gulp. "Guess I'll get drunk all by myself, then."

Everyone looked at the cloaked figure. "What even is root? Isn't that the one drink that Thaidakar always seemed to have before he died?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Ah, I see. Sorry about that. You sure you don't want to make a plan first? Before going on a murderous rampage of vengeance, that is." Unintelligible took another sip of root.

"Well of course we need a plan, but my point is that we should celebrate after this evil shapeshifter is dead."

1 minute ago, Sequence said:

Everyone looked at the cloaked figure. "What even is root? Isn't that the one drink that Thaidakar always seemed to have before he died?"

The Other Cloaked Figure smiled (although you couldn't see it under his cloak)

"Root," He proclaimed, "is the nectar of the gods! Flowing from the ground, it gives us life and breath. It is the solution!" He dunked his mug into the root barrel, then taking a long slurp of the drink, then continued, "to all problems! If we are all drunk, we won't kill each other on purpose!" He smiled again and took another swig. "For me, it is as my mother's milk."

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Floofy said:

Unintelligible coughed and spat out a mouthful of root. "This stuff is alcoholic?!"

5 minutes ago, Sequence said:

"Well of course we need a plan, but my point is that we should celebrate after this evil shapeshifter is dead."

"Ah, of course. So, what's your group's plan?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Unintelligible coughed and spat out a mouthful of root. "This stuff is alcoholic?!"

The Other Cloaked Figure seemed confused. "Of course! I have built up an immunity against its alcohol, but you should be very very drunk within the next thirty seconds!"

9 hours ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

“So, Bookwyrm. Are you going to go help choose Nameless’ heir?” Eof stared off into the distance, eyes glimmering with untold secrets. “Be ready for the unexpected.”

Bookwyrm paused. "I'm not sure why would have anything to do with choosing Nameless's heir. I must also be behind events; I was unaware that he needed an heir."

He looked off into the distance as if searching for what Eof was looking for. "But I will do my best to make sure that whatever conflict arises is resolved swiftly and peacefully. I am a Narrator, yes." Bookwyrm summoned his Narrationblade as a small pin engraved with his personal signet; a dragon biting it's own tail curled around a book with open pages, over which hovered a flame filled with stars and worlds. "But I don't think that should excuse unnecessary violence." He dismissed the pin and looked at Eof. 

"But yes, I'm expecting the unexpected. In fact, I think that's the one thing you can be sure about in this reality. My two avatars and my servants, the Selffalfrednahgs, are ready."

Edited by Ookla the Perpetual

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Ah, of course. So, what's your group's plan?"

Everyone opened their mouth to speak, then paused. "Uh... Kill the... person. Well."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

1 minute ago, Ookla the Floofy said:

The Other Cloaked Figure seemed confused. "Of course! I have built up an immunity against its alcohol, but you should be very very drunk within the next thirty seconds!"

Everyone raised an eyebrow. "Must be some powerful stuff."