The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

The other cloaked figure put a cloaked hand over his cloaked eyes and looked in the distance. Then, he very carefully picked up another waterskin, filling it with Root. Then, with a sharp "umph!" of effort, he threw it all the way to Everandom, hitting the unplotable platypus on the head, soaking him with delectable Root.

Sequence materialized. "It would appear we've returned to plot. Everyone, prepare the shelter." Everyone saluted begrudgingly. "Fuzzy, gather supplies." Fuzzy saluted as well. "Cardinal... go... draw something." Cardinal looked confused. "Why don't I get a special job?" He asked sullenly. "Hush now," Sequence said. "Off you go!"

Meanwhile, a planet exploded.

8 hours ago, Ookla the platypus said:

who is Eof?

He was a joke character that I narrated once called Eof the Ultimate Foe. People would occasionally (and probably will in the future) respond to any event by saying "This was all according to Eof's master plan." But now he's a plot character. And a good guy instead of a villain.

Also, sorry for throwing you into a plot based on things you weren't here for. It's kind of awkward at first, believe me. But you can feel free to jump in.

8 hours ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Eof waved at Bookwyrm, looking much happier than the last time they'd met. "How's it going?"

"Pretty good, actually," Bookwyrm said. "It's mostly peaceful; none of the other narrators have created any existential threats to the universe yet. Have you reunited with Esmerelda and your children?"

Shadow ignores him as they shadow travel through an actual shadow. Shadow stopped at a small base of operations for him and the other Shadows. Shadow nodded as he passed two vapory versions of himself. They nodded back. He exchanged a few words with another who was sitting at a desk, tapping away at a computer. Shadow continued on, grabbing cup of tea from off a counter. Just in time. He had a sip and sat down at another desk, he started typing in a computer for the database. A few files had to be updated. Another Shadow walked over, "how goes observing the new city in TLT?"

"Fairly well," Shadow responded, "the new root stuff is quite interesting. What do you make of it?"

"I don't think it will have much consequences on the thread." said Shadow.

Shadow rubbed his chin, "however... I think we need more on the Root Cult that seems to have emerged. Also, AdoKho could be a bigger player than we realized. Perhaps we can send one of the others to investigate."

"perhaps, perhaps," Shadow pulled out a small device from his pocket and checked the monitor, "I think I'll have to go check on the one investigating the ruins of Kalithor."

Shadow nodded, "alright."

Shadow disappeared with a puff of shadowy vapor. Shadow continued typing on his computer.

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood