The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

not in this. now, back to the story!

The one whom we are calling Bob grinned. "I see that you have learned to use some of the abilities of the Waystone. Now, what specifically is Mordite?"

"Mordite is the essence of chaotic darkness condensed. When used as a weapon, it can kill anything."

52 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Mordite is the essence of chaotic darkness condensed. When used as a weapon, it can kill anything."

The one whom we are calling Bob nodded. "It won't effect me, then. I should be able to get ahold of some, there are several Nameless Ends which are primarily chaotic darkness." he turned to the Derka, who had appeared unnoticed. The Derka nodded, then vanished.

3 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The one whom we are calling Bob nodded. "It won't effect me, then. I should be able to get ahold of some, there are several Nameless Ends which are primarily chaotic darkness." he turned to the Derka, who had appeared unnoticed. The Derka nodded, then vanished.

"It would," Professor Jones replied. "Be very, very careful with it."

It would. No matter what the Bob-called one is. Don't get run through with mordite if you don't want to be hurt/killed.

16 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"It would," Professor Jones replied. "Be very, very careful with it."

It would. No matter what the Bob-called one is. Don't get run through with mordite if you don't want to be hurt/killed.

we have established that it cannot kill that which is not alive. I do agree that he could get hurt, but a normal blade can hurt him as well.

"Well, there are worse things, and as I can't directly fight the Witherlord, this should help." The one whom we are calling Bob raised a hand, and most of the runes on the Obelisk began to glow. 

"By the way, the Waystone will be moved out onto the grounds, as this seems to be a classroom. the short range shift factor on it should be anywhere within the school." Having said this, both the Waystone and the one whom we are calling Bob vanished. The Waystone moved to a place in the middle of the grounds, and the one whom we are calling Bob appeared in the darkness between places.

shouldn't this thread be in the Role-Play section?

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

17 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

we have established that it cannot kill that which is not alive. I do agree that he could get hurt, but a normal blade can hurt him as well.

Mordite can kill many things that, under certain definitions, would not be considered "alive". Barring a misinterpretation of what the Bob-called one is, it most definitely could kill him. (i.e. render him unable to talk, act, think, feel, or otherwise verb in the form he currently resides within).

25 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"Well, there are worse things, and as I can't directly fight the Witherlord, this should help." The one whom we are calling Bob raised a hand, and most of the runes on the Obelisk began to glow. 

"By the way, the Waystone will be moved out onto the grounds, as this seems to be a classroom. the short range shift factor on it should be anywhere within the school." Having said this, both the Waystone and the one whom we are calling Bob vanished. The Waystone moved to a place in the middle of the grounds, and the one whom we are calling Bob appeared in the darkness between places.

The Waystone, which had become part of Professor Walker's device, had already been teleported back to the lab.

26 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

shouldn't this thread be in the Role-Play section?

This thread is under no obligation to be a roleplay, and much of it is not. The purpose of the thread is to be the longest on the forums, which counts as a "Forum Game", and it certainly contains a lot of "Random Stuff".

19 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Mordite can kill many things that, under certain definitions, would not be considered "alive". Barring a misinterpretation of what the Bob-called one is, it most definitely could kill him. (i.e. render him unable to talk, act, think, feel, or otherwise verb in the form he currently resides within).

The Waystone, which had become part of Professor Walker's device, had already been teleported back to the lab.

This thread is under no obligation to be a roleplay, and much of it is not. The purpose of the thread is to be the longest on the forums, which counts as a "Forum Game", and it certainly contains a lot of "Random Stuff".

It would be able to do to him what a normal sword could, barring a gross misinterpretation on my part of what mordite is. He would be unaffected by the Unforgiving Blade beyond it being impossibly sharp, and that lines up with mordite, possibly even more powerful.

Stop messing with the Waystone's location, it can't move under its own magic. This means you have to be the one whom we are calling Bob, or have a large crane. You my now move it to the lab, but you must use said crane to get it more than a few feet. Transportation magic energy requirements increase as mass increases, and the Waystones have the density of a neutron star, though they do not have noticeable gravity.

I now understand the listing under forum game, thank you for the clarification.

The skiens shifted to the current location of the Knight.

"We are getting ahold of some mordite, oh untruthful one." the Spectra commented. "Which is, apparently more than you could do."

12 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

It would be able to do to him what a normal sword could, barring a gross misinterpretation on my part of what mordite is. He would be unaffected by the Unforgiving Blade beyond it being impossibly sharp, and that lines up with mordite, possibly even more powerful.

Mordite is the essence of pure destruction condensed. Raw power does not factor in as much as you might think; it is simply the nature of mordite that allows it to kill anything.

16 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Stop messing with the Waystone's location, it can't move under its own magic. This means you have to be the one whom we are calling Bob, or have a large crane. You my now move it to the lab, but you must use said crane to get it more than a few feet. Transportation magic energy requirements increase as mass increases, and the Waystones have the density of a neutron star, though they do not have noticeable gravity.

The mass would be whatever the gravity is, surely.

And Professor Walker is an expert on teleportation. :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The skiens shifted to the current location of the Knight.

"We are getting ahold of some mordite, oh untruthful one." the Spectra commented. "Which is, apparently more than you could do."

"Good luck finding a chaotic-dark entity that will be willing to condense it for you," snapped the Knight.

15 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Mordite is the essence of pure destruction condensed. Raw power does not factor in as much as you might think; it is simply the nature of mordite that allows it to kill anything.

You have not read Dragonwatch, have you.

16 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The mass would be whatever the gravity is, surely.

And Professor Walker is an expert on teleportation. :ph34r:

no, It is made of magic, and the gravity that might be is part of how it allows shifting. Professor Walker would need the energy equivalent of a black-hole bomb to move the Waystone by teleportation. Irrelevant of this, it was moved to the lawn by the one we are calling Bob.

24 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Good luck finding a chaotic-dark entity that will be willing to condense it for you," snapped the Knight.

"Chaotic-dark is not evil, in most cases. We have someone who is helping us in this, for he cannot help in other ways. He has a purpose that will come eventually, and knows this very well, even what his purpose is. What are you doing?"

2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

You have not read Dragonwatch, have you.

Oh is that where that's from? I have read Dragonwatch, though not in a while. Even if the Unforgiving Blade is mordite, it might not be pure.

2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"Chaotic-dark is not evil, in most cases. We have someone who is helping us in this, for he cannot help in other ways. He has a purpose that will come eventually, and knows this very well, even what his purpose is. What are you doing?"

"Chaotic-dark is always evil," snapped the Knight. "I'm chasing down an escaped prisoner." He teleported again.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Alright. Let's get moving then.

Moni poked her head out of the alleyway, then dashed out into the street.

Flying cars blared as they swerved around her.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Flying cars blared as they swerved around her.

Moni jumped out of the street, dashing along the edge of the road

Are we in a futuristic city or something? And why are they flying so close to the ground?

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Oh is that where that's from? I have read Dragonwatch, though not in a while. Even if the Unforgiving Blade is mordite, it might not be pure.

you haven't read the  finale of the series, then. The Unforgiving Blade is Literally darkness condensed, it is a shard of a sword made of the void, which is the true essence and source of darkness. 

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Chaotic-dark is always evil," snapped the Knight. "I'm chasing down an escaped prisoner." He teleported again.

The Spectra followed him, but the others went to prepare more that they could. "Evil requires choice. A creature such as the Darkbeast no longer has choice about what it does. Many of the Nameless Ends are chaotic-dark, but are not inherently evil. Why is it so important to keep this one prisoner?"

The one whom we are calling Bob reappeared in a deep underground bunker, with a large black thing in a sack.

43 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The Spectra followed him, but the others went to prepare more that they could. "Evil requires choice. A creature such as the Darkbeast no longer has choice about what it does. Many of the Nameless Ends are chaotic-dark, but are not inherently evil. Why is it so important to keep this one prisoner?"

"That's be because she's bonded to a highly dangerous piece of paper."

44 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The one whom we are calling Bob reappeared in a deep underground bunker, with a large black thing in a sack.

Nameless popped up behind him. "What's in the sack?"

Suddenly something happened and everyone in TLT felt something. someone had entered the arena. Thaidakar, Thaidakar #2, and Thaidakar the hoodie guy ignored and continued their war. 

But ignoring it would be their downfall. While they were busy wrestling a tall man in a cloak who faintly glowed walked towards them, he raised his hand, blue energy extended from it towards the thaidakars. 

Thaidakar was the first to notice, "um guys..." but it was too late, the energy encircled them, pulling them towards the cloaked man. 

the man smiled under his hood and said in a thickly accented voice, "your purpose is about to be fulfilled, you are ready." 

Thaidakar the hoodie guy widened his eyes, "what are you doing? who are you?"

"I am using you for my purposes." he hesitated, "and for the second one... you can call me Soulmover."

But before they could respond they all started turning into bright green energy. Soulmover smiled as the energy flooded into Soulmover, energizing him. Soulmover's eyes glistened, this was good.

11 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Suddenly something happened and everyone in TLT felt something. someone had entered the arena. Thaidakar, Thaidakar #2, and Thaidakar the hoodie guy ignored and continued their war. 

But ignoring it would be their downfall. While they were busy wrestling a tall man in a cloak who faintly glowed walked towards them, he raised his hand, blue energy extended from it towards the thaidakars. 

Thaidakar was the first to notice, "um guys..." but it was too late, the energy encircled them, pulling them towards the cloaked man. 

the man smiled under his hood and said in a thickly accented voice, "your purpose is about to be fulfilled, you are ready." 

Thaidakar the hoodie guy widened his eyes, "what are you doing? who are you?"

"I am using you for my purposes." he hesitated, "and for the second one... you can call me Soulmover."

But before they could respond they all started turning into bright green energy. Soulmover smiled as the energy flooded into Soulmover, energizing him. Soulmover's eyes glistened, this was good.

Nameless waved at him. "How's it going? Welcome to TLT. Want to come to my party?"

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Soulmover smiled, "why not. do you have any salted caramel?"

"I don't know. I'm not in charge of the culinary stuff, someone else is. By the way, did you just kill TOC, Thaidakar, and Thaidakar #2, ending all of their respective plots permanently? Cause that's too bad. that TOC guy seemed to have some decent potential."

Just now, Nameless said:

"I don't know. I'm not in charge of the culinary stuff, someone else is. By the way, did you just kill TOC, Thaidakar, and Thaidakar #2, ending all of their respective plots permanently? Cause that's too bad. that TOC guy seemed to have some decent potential."

"well, I could bring TOC back but not the others. if you really want me too, but I atleast need two of them."

Just now, Nameless said:

"Hm. What do you need them for?"

"I need soul energy for a specific reason, if you've ever seen kung fu panda 3, what I do is kind of like what Kai does. except I have a different set of rules and motivations for it. I won't reveal everything now for the reason of a good plot arc."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I need soul energy for a specific reason, if you've ever seen kung fu panda 3, what I do is kind of like what Kai does. except I have a different set of rules and motivations for it. I won't reveal everything now for the reason of a good plot arc."

"Huh. You know they're all narrators, right? Whatever. Anyways, yes. I'd like you to bring TOC back. I need to kill him personally, and figure out who his boss is so I can kill them too."

Just now, Nameless said:

"Huh. You know they're all narrators, right? Whatever. Anyways, yes. I'd like you to bring TOC back. I need to kill him personally, and figure out who his boss is so I can kill them too."

Soulmover nodded, "sure I can bring him back in a few minutes, it takes a bit to bring em back. for the narrators thing... well, my magic is a thing which doesn't have same limits as other things."

25 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Soulmover nodded, "sure I can bring him back in a few minutes, it takes a bit to bring em back. for the narrators thing... well, my magic is a thing which doesn't have same limits as other things."

"Great. So you're arrogant too?"

Just now, Nameless said:

"Great. So you're arrogant too?"

Soulmover laughed, "no, im different then the others. okay, I guess im a little arrogant. but who in TLT isn't a little? Everyone here has some semblance of power, so it's not hard see that it has gotten to everyone's head."

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

"That's be because she's bonded to a highly dangerous piece of paper."

Nameless popped up behind him. "What's in the sack?"

"That would give you the right to watch her movements and to explain to here what exactly is dangerous about it, which might very well cause here to agree with you and break the bond."

The one whom we are calling Bob ignored him, and moved over and tore the cover off of a large, complicated machine.

19 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Soulmover laughed, "no, i'm different than the others. okay, I guess i'm a little arrogant. but who in TLT isn't a little? Everyone here has some semblance of power, so it's not hard see that it has gotten to everyone's head."

my depressed pet rock named dwayne disagrees(upvote if you get the reference). The Quarkbeast is not conceited, mostly just hungry. The one whom we are calling Bob also does not think in the same way that humans do, and cannot be conceited.