The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Alex relaxed some, and turned back to Professor Jones. "What else is taught here?"

"Mostly what one would expect of a university."

5 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Meanwhile, The Ghanderflaffle empire was rising.

It was rising on the heat created by the invitations.

50 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"Do you know what's down there?" Alex asked Professor Jones.

@xinoehp512

A head peeked up from beneath. "Oops." It dropped back down again.

"Escape tunnels," replied Professor Jones. "In case of apocalypse. But the students mostly use them for shortcuts."

5 hours ago, Nameless said:

Nameless stared at the looming Ghanderflaffle empire, realizing that making his invitations out of extra-super-duper flammable paper had probably been a bad idea.

Fortunately, several stacks had been saved.

Unfortunately, the Ghanderflaffles realized that using those stacks as fuel would ensure their continued rise for another couple posts at least, and were desperately searching for the remaining invitations.

Edited by Nameless

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

A head peeked up from beneath. "Oops." It dropped back down again.

"Escape tunnels," replied Professor Jones. "In case of apocalypse. But the students mostly use them for shortcuts."

A rumble sounded through the building, and a tall pedestal rose from within the depths of the hole. On it was an Obelisk carved with strange runes.

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

Professor Jones glared at it. "Max!" she exclaimed. "Did you invert the sign again?"

A disheveled blond head poked out of a hatch in the side. He blinked his eyes twice, taking his bearings, then slapped a hand to his forehead. "I'm an idiot," he said. "I'm sorry, Grace. You're absolutely right, I did invert the sign... although it was a different sign this time, I'll have you know."

Professor Jones sighed and then let out a brief chuckle. "Well, at least it wasn't during class this time."

Max suddenly noticed Alex. "Oh! Hello!" He extended a hand, realized it had a glove on it, removed the glove, and proffered his hand once more. "I'm Max Walker, professor of Iterology. I can't say I've seen you around here before. Are you a student of Professor Jones, or...?"

8 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Professor Jones glared at it. "Max!" she exclaimed. "Did you invert the sign again?"

A disheveled blond head poked out of a hatch in the side. He blinked his eyes twice, taking his bearings, then slapped a hand to his forehead. "I'm an idiot," he said. "I'm sorry, Grace. You're absolutely right, I did invert the sign... although it was a different sign this time, I'll have you know."

Professor Jones sighed and then let out a brief chuckle. "Well, at least it wasn't during class this time."

Max suddenly noticed Alex. "Oh! Hello!" He extended a hand, realized it had a glove on it, removed the glove, and proffered his hand once more. "I'm Max Walker, professor of Iterology. I can't say I've seen you around here before. Are you a student of Professor Jones, or...?"

Alex opened his mouth to reply, but before he could, there was a low tolling sound, like someone had struck a large gong. Several of the runes on the Obelisk glowed, and the one whom we are calling Bob appeared.

Meanwhile, the skeins were preparing to test their trap.

27 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless decided to pop in. "How's it going? Need someone to test that on?"

Nameless could not find the Skeins, however. They were looking for the Knight.

The one whom we are calling Bob looked around, and saw Professor Jones (but not Alex, due to the angle he was at.

"Stupid semi-physical quantum entities." the one whom we are calling Bob grumbled

5 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Nameless could not find the Skeins, however. They were looking for the Knight.

Nameless grumbled angrily. "Oh come on. You need to practice containing an uncontrollable force of nature? That's me."

The Knight, coincidentally, was also looking for the Skeins.

11 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Alex opened his mouth to reply, but before he could, there was a low tolling sound, like someone had struck a large gong. Several of the runes on the Obelisk glowed, and the one whom we are calling Bob appeared.

"Who is he?" Professor Jones asked.

"No idea," replied Professor Walker. "Who are you?" he asked the Bob-like entity.

19 hours ago, Nameless said:

A soft tapping came at the door. "Um, hello? I'd like to enroll at the school. At least I think I would. I kinda just appeared outside this door with a vague desire to learn stuff and talk to you."

"You're looking for admissions," the Wanderer replied. "Straight out the doors into the courtyard, then to the left. Or I suppose I could show you, if you'd rather have a guide."

Just now, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The skeins did not hear him, as they were nowhere near him. Nameless was grumbling to himself.

Nameless continued to mutter angrily, reaching out to the skein's invitation, causing it to ding and read "Hey. You need practice? Well, if the Knight's not around, I'm free at the moment."

22 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless continued to mutter angrily, reaching out to the skein's invitation, causing it to ding and read "Hey. You need practice? Well, if the Knight's not around, I'm free at the moment."

It dinged in his pocket, as he had not given it to the Skiens. like, you really didn't give one to them. Also, I keep forgetting that Skiens is supposed to be spelt wrong, like it is in this post.

24 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Who is he?" Professor Jones asked.

"No idea," replied Professor Walker. "Who are you?" he asked the Bob-like entity

the one whom we are calling Bob is normally called Bob by everyone else, but that's not his name, just what he told people to call him. his real name will be revealed at some point, when I tell Thaidakar what it is.

"You may call me Bob," the one whom we are calling Bob replied. He noticed Alex. "Ah, Alex. I see that the Waystone has activated. Sorry about that. I didn't think it would happen like this."

Alex paled when he recognized the one whom we are calling Bob, then took on a grim look. "Is it time?"

"Not yet," the one whom we are calling Bob replied. "Something went wrong with the Waystone, or possibly the key."

38 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Knight, coincidentally, was also looking for the Skeins.

The Skiens located the Knight, and trapped him in an instant, quite literally. After a few realtime minutes, they released him.

40 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You're looking for admissions," the Wanderer replied. "Straight out the doors into the courtyard, then to the left. Or I suppose I could show you, if you'd rather have a guide."

"Ah. Thanks. I'll go there."

5 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

It dinged in his pocket, as he had not given it to the Skiens. like, you really didn't give one to them. Also, I keep forgetting that Skiens is supposed to be spelt wrong, like it is in this post.

Nameless gasped. He'd known he forgot someone. How could he have forgotten the Skiens? Admittedly, they wouldn't be coming to the party, but that was no excuse for leaving them out.

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Oh dear. Well, it's been spelled the other way so many times at this point...

"You may call me Bob," the one whom we are calling Bob replied. He noticed Alex. "Ah, Alex. I see that the Waystone has activated. Sorry about that. I didn't think it would happen like this."

Alex paled when he recognized the one whom we are calling Bob, then took on a grim look. "Is it time?"

"Not yet," the one whom we are calling Bob replied. "Something went wrong with the Waystone, or possibly the key."

"Waystone?" Professor Walker queried. "Does this translocator belong to you?"

The Skiens located the Knight, and trapped him in an instant, quite literally. After a few realtime minutes, they released him.

"What in the-" the Knight shook his head. "You've been practicing your abilities, I see."

Edited by xinoehp512

10 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"What in the-" the Knight shook his head. "Have you been practicing your abilities?"

Nameless appeared out of the shadows. "Skiens! Thank goodness I found you! I forgot to give you an invitation to my party. Actually, do you want just one, or...?"