The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

23 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless considered. "How about you let my avatar go first?"

"We can't let her go now- that could ruin everything! We have to catch the Witherlord by surprise in order to kill him, and if he had X's powers that would be impossible."

25 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless considered. "How about you let my avatar go first?" He glanced at the Wanderer curiously. "And why hasn't anyone managed to do this before? It wasn't that hard."

"Well, luxite is really really rare. And the different fundamental substances... don't usually play well together."

48 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"We can't let her go now- that could ruin everything! We have to catch the Witherlord by surprise in order to kill him, and if he had X's powers that would be impossible."

"Fine." Nameless took the medallion off and held it out to the Knight. "But I expect this back after you're done with it. And you have to let my avatar go as soon as the Witherlord is dead."

50 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Well, luxite is really really rare. And the different fundamental substances... don't usually play well together."

"How so?"

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

"Fine." Nameless took the medallion off and held it out to the Knight. "But I expect this back after you're done with it. And you have to let my avatar go as soon as the Witherlord is dead."

"I can't promise that," the Knight replied. "The Witherlord isn't the only entity we want to keep X away from."

"How so?"

"It tends to involve a lot of explosions."

37 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"I can't promise that," the Knight replied. "The Witherlord isn't the only entity we want to keep X away from."

"Well then, I'm not giving you the converter. Which is more valuable to you: my converter, or decreasing the security of X slightly?"

37 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"It tends to involve a lot of explosions."

Nameless looked slightly dissapointed. "Only explosions? I thought it would be something more. . . you know."

Edited by Nameless

18 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Well then, I'm not giving you the converter. Which is more valuable to you: my converter, or decreasing the security of X slightly?"

"We're all in the same boat, you know," the Knight replied. "Clearly your plan has failed. Why not help us with ours?"

20 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless looked slightly dissapointed. "Only explosions? I thought it would be something more. . . you know."

"I don't think calling them only explosions does them justice."

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"We're all in the same boat, you know," the Knight replied. "Clearly your plan has failed. Why not help us with ours?"

"How exactly would I help? You sound like you have this covered without me."

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"I don't think calling them only explosions does them justice."

"What, did they destroy entire planets?"

11 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"How exactly would I help? You sound like you have this covered without me."

"What, did they destroy entire planets?"

"You donate your equipment to us. The experts. That converter... it would be the perfect weapon with which to destroy the Witherlord. In the proper circumstances, of course."

--

"More like universes," the wanderer replied. "Although annihilation was usually a pretty tame result, all things considered. Once a universe was turned entirely into-"

14 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You donate your equipment to us. The experts. That converter... it would be the perfect weapon with which to destroy the Witherlord. In the proper circumstances, of course."

"I think you'll be fine without my help."

16 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"More like universes," the wanderer replied. "Although annihilation was usually a pretty tame result, all things considered. Once a universe was turned entirely into-"

"Nice! But, uh, wow. I guess I could've wrecked the consultant's place, huh."

13 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"I think you'll be fine without my help

"What? No, that's not what I-"

13 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nice! But, uh, wow. I guess I could've wrecked the consultant's place, huh."

"But you didn't!" exclaimed the wanderer.

28 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"What? No, that's not what I-"

"Look, I know your plan, and I think it'll work really well. You'll be fine."

29 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"But you didn't!" exclaimed the wanderer.

"Exactly. I was never going to blow this place to smithereens, killing Thaidakar, myself, Thaidakar #2, Moni, X, Thaidakar, and who knows else. " Nameless frowned. "Maybe I should have been more careful."

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Look, I know your plan, and I think it'll work really well. You'll be fine."

The Knight growled in frustration and made a grab for the converter.

3 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Exactly. I was never going to blow this place to smithereens, killing Thaidakar, myself, Thaidakar #2, Moni, X, Thaidakar, and who knows else. " Nameless frowned. "Maybe I should have been more careful."

"Well, you never would have created the converter without trying!"

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Knight growled in frustration and made a grab for the converter.

Nameless jumped backwards. "You know, now that I think about it, this thing would probably make quite the bang if it was destroyed. Wouldn't want that to happen in your base, now would you?"

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Well, you never would have created the converter without trying!"

"Yes. But perhaps I should have tried less... brashly."

54 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless jumped backwards. "You know, now that I think about it, this thing would probably make quite the bang if it was destroyed. Wouldn't want that to happen in your base, now would you?"

The Knight gave Nameless a dirty look.

54 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Yes. But perhaps I should have tried less... brashly."

"You're Nameless. How could you be anything else?"

9 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Knight gave Nameless a dirty look.

Nameless glared back.

10 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You're Nameless. How could you be anything else?"

"That is true, I suppose. Stubborn refusal to admit that anything could ever hurt me is one of my best character traits."

19 hours ago, Nameless said:

"Yeah. The Skeins gave me a little bit of luxsprite energy. I figured that if the Witherlord could convert almost anything into a withergeist, the opposite had to be possible as well." He glanced at the converter sword. "Now that I think about it, this thing probably shouldn't be in sword form. Someone might try to use it as a weapon." He converted it down into a four-pointed medallion, which he hung around his neck.

It is now a ninja star. The Derka coalesced in front of them. "We only gave you the energy of a spark." It commented quietly.

17 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Well, you'd need all the energy in the skeins to do any converting of significance. And even then, you'd need a mountain of prismite to make enough luxite to kill the Witherlord." The Knight extended a hand, shooting the Wanderer a glare. "Look, how about you give it to us? We'll be able to use it much better than you would."

"You do realize, knight, that we regularly convert energy between various types? Anyway, we think we figured out the binding, and we are going to test it now." the other five skeins coalesced, formed a circle around the Knight, and chanted a short series of words. As they did so, lines of blue light ran quickly between them like the first time, only accelerated to a thousand times. In just four seconds, the Knight was bound in space and time, and the Skeins released him, feeling pleased.

"Only four seconds," the Spectra commented. "Much faster."

27 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

It is now a ninja star. The Derka coalesced in front of them. "We only gave you the energy of a spark." It commented quietly.

Yeah, that's why it isn't very efficient when it comes to producing luxite.

30 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"You do realize, knight, that we regularly convert energy between various types? Anyway, we think we figured out the binding, and we are going to test it now." the other five skeins coalesced, formed a circle around the Knight, and chanted a short series of words. As they did so, lines of blue light ran quickly between them like the first time, only accelerated to a thousand times. In just four seconds, the Knight was bound in space and time, and the Skeins released him, feeling pleased.

"Only four seconds," the Spectra commented. "Much faster."

Not these types.

The Knight had his sword at the throat of the Spectra before they had even finished the first word.

"You're dead," he remarked, once the binding had faded.

34 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Not these types.

The Knight had his sword at the throat of the Spectra before they had even finished the first word.

"You're dead," he remarked, once the binding had faded.

"You're the one who wanted us to test it on you. Also, the most you or the Witherlord could do is disperse one of us, we are not truly alive and cannot die. It's still much faster than three minutes. We cannot get it faster without compromising the binding, or having the help we mentioned before."

On 4/16/2022 at 7:55 PM, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"My question regarding Waystones has been answered. The Waystones can be used to shift from one world to another through time, not just space. Each Hero would be in their prime, as long as that has happened."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

53 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"You're the one who wanted us to test it on you. Also, the most you or the Witherlord could do is disperse one of us, we are not truly alive and cannot die. It's still much faster than three minutes. We cannot get it faster without compromising the binding, or having the help we mentioned before."

The Knight sighed in irritation. "You," he said, pointing to the Ordyhq. "Slow time."

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Knight sighed in irritation. "You," he said, pointing to the Ordyhq. "Slow time."

The Ordyhq gave off a skeptical feeling as it raised its hands and sent a pulse of slow time out. After what felt like a few hours, but was only a few minutes, it faded.

"I cannot slow the time with proper precision, you see. We, too were slowed, though not as much as you. Also, I, like the rest, would be concentrating on the binding, and a slip in that would be disastrous."

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The Ordyhq gave off a skeptical feeling as it raised its hands and sent a pulse of slow time out. After what felt like a few hours, but was only a few minutes, it faded.

"I cannot slow the time with proper precision, you see. We, too were slowed, though not as much as you. Also, I, like the rest, would be concentrating on the binding, and a slip in that would be disastrous."

"Practice, then."

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Practice, then."

The skeins laughed together with a slight note of derision. "The slowing time, yes can become more precise with practice. However, We cannot safely further split our consciousness, we are far too close to involuntarily un-coalescing as is. We know ourselves far better than you ever could, for we represent something that has not truly been seen in this worldset before."

"Couldn't you just get a group of people to distract or otherwise hold the Witherlord back for a few seconds? Surely you could do something with your Silence powers that could temporarily hold him at bay."

"We agree with this, or we can have someone lend us Feruchemical concentration, if you can get ahold of sufficient amounts of it."

3 hours ago, Nameless said:

"Couldn't you just get a group of people to distract or otherwise hold the Witherlord back for a few seconds? Surely you could do something with your Silence powers that could temporarily hold him at bay."

"We only have one shot at this. We can't afford to mess it up."

54 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The skeins laughed together with a slight note of derision. "The slowing time, yes can become more precise with practice. However, We cannot safely further split our consciousness, we are far too close to involuntarily un-coalescing as is. We know ourselves far better than you ever could, for we represent something that has not truly been seen in this worldset before."

"Well then, snowflakes, do it unsafely. We'll put you back together afterwards if we have to."

With that, the Knight departed.

21 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"We only have one shot at this. We can't afford to mess it up."

"Well then, snowflakes, do it unsafely. We'll put you back together afterwards if we have to."

With that, the Knight departed.

The Skeins shook their heads sadly. "Unhearing one." the Spectra muttered. He turned to Nameless. "Can you get us some unkeyed concentration metalminds?"