The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"Very pure...? Why does that matter?"

"I need all the essences in their purest form in order for this to work properly." Nameless pressed a few more buttons, and a line of light shot out into Mythos, drawing out the chaotic darkness from his soul.

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

"I need all the essences in their purest form in order for this to work properly." Nameless pressed a few more buttons, and a line of light shot out into Mythos, drawing out the chaotic darkness from his soul.

Light suddenly dawned in the consultant's eyes, followed swiftly by horror. "You mean- you're combining- but, but-"

Light suddenly dawned in the consultant's eyes, followed swiftly by horror. "You mean- you're combining- but, but-"

Nameless laughed, a slightly maniacal glint coming into his eyes as he pressed a few more buttons, purifying the Silence and Wither energy. He pulled the lever.

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The consultant vanished.

The four powers were drawn into the machine, swirling around each other. Then a change seemed to come across them. They became... less. And yet not. As if they lost all energy while still retaining every aspect that made them up. the four not-powers swirled, coalesced. There was a blinding flash of light and dark. And then silence. (of the lowercase-s variety)

Nameless pressed a few more buttons, causing the sword to teleport to his hand. "That I did. My sword is ready. The most powerful object in all of TLT. In theory, at least." He hesitated, looking at the Knight. "May I ask a question?"

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

Nameless pressed a few more buttons, causing the sword to teleport to his hand. "That I did. My sword is ready. The most powerful object in all of TLT. In theory, at least." He hesitated, looking at the Knight. "May I ask a question?"

"What?" said the Knight warily.

Nameless nodded. "So it can work as I'd hoped, then." He pressed a few more buttons on the machine, causing a large mass of concentrated Earwaxium to coalesce in its center. A few more button presses, and the machine formed a slot for his blade. Nameless stuck the sword into it, then focused. The power inside flowed through the blade and into his left hand, forming another sword. "This one should be able to kill the Witherlord."

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless nodded. "So it can work as I'd hoped, then." He pressed a few more buttons on the machine, causing a large mass of concentrated Earwaxium to coalesce in its center. A few more button presses, and the machine formed a slot for his blade. Nameless stuck the sword into it, then focused. The power inside flowed through the blade and into his left hand, forming another sword. "This one should be able to kill the Witherlord."

"How do you plan to prevent the Witherlord from simply co-opting the mordite within the blade?"

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"The Witherlord can control all chaotic-dark energy. Mordite can kill him, but he would never let it."

"Oh, no. This sword is a converter. It contains the template for all four energies, and should be able to convert all of them into each other." Nameless squinted at the second sword he'd made. "This should be luxite."

Edited by Nameless

24 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Oh, no. This sword is a converter. It contains the template for all four energies, and should be able to convert all of them into each other." Nameless squinted at the second sword he'd made. "This should be luxite."

The Knight glanced at the sword. "... Huh." He seemed begrudgingly impressed. "Well, there is some ordered light energy, but it's so weak it's almost undetectable. I suppose you did find some sort of luxite, then?"

As he spoke, the Wanderer's eyes got wider and wider. By the time he had finished, she was visibly quivering with excitement.

"Do you realize what this means?" she burst, seemingly to no one in particular. "No one has ever managed to transmute anything into luxite before! We thought it was only possible via luxsprite!"

The Knight seemed slightly miffed by the Wanderer's outburst.

Edited by xinoehp512

11 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Knight glanced at the sword. "... Huh." He seemed begrudgingly impressed. "Well, there is some ordered light energy, but it's so weak it's almost undetectable. I suppose you did find some sort of luxite, then?"

As he spoke, the Wanderer's eyes got wider and wider. By the time he had finished, she was visibly quivering with excitement.

"Do you realize what this means?" she burst, seemingly to no one in particular. "No one has ever managed to transmute anything into luxite before! We thought it was only possible via luxsprite!"

The Knight seemed slightly miffed by the Wanderer's outburst.

"Yeah. The Skeins gave me a little bit of luxsprite energy. I figured that if the Witherlord could convert almost anything into a withergeist, the opposite had to be possible as well." He glanced at the converter sword. "Now that I think about it, this thing probably shouldn't be in sword form. Someone might try to use it as a weapon." He converted it down into a four-pointed medallion, which he hung around his neck.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

"Yeah. The Skeins gave me a little bit of luxsprite energy. I figured that if the Witherlord could convert almost anything into a withergeist, the opposite had to be possible as well." He glanced at the converter sword. "Now that I think about it, this thing probably shouldn't be in sword form. Someone might try to use it as a weapon." He converted it down into a four-pointed medallion, which he hung around his neck.

"Well, you'd need all the energy in the skeins to do any converting of significance. And even then, you'd need a mountain of prismite to make enough luxite to kill the Witherlord." The Knight extended a hand, shooting the Wanderer a glare. "Look, how about you give it to us? We'll be able to use it much better than you would."

"Well, you'd need all the energy in the skeins to do any converting of significance. And even then, you'd need a mountain of prismite to make enough luxite to kill the Witherlord." The Knight extended a hand, shooting the Wanderer a glare. "Look, how about you give it to us? We'll be able to use it much better than you would."

Nameless considered. "How about you let my avatar go first?" He glanced at the Wanderer curiously. "And why hasn't anyone managed to do this before? It wasn't that hard."