The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 hours ago, Kidpen said:

General Chaos missed Generals Dragon and Sunshine.

Anyone get the reference?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSHNESS!!!!!!!!!!!! I FINALLY MEET ANOTHER HPMOR PERSON!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY-

Discord sneezed at them.

Edited by Gancho Libre

1 hour ago, Gancho Libre said:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSHNESS!!!!!!!!!!!! I FINALLY MEET ANOTHER HPMOR PERSON!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY-

Discord sneezed at them.

Finished it? 

HPMOR is Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. It's a Harry Potter fanfic. The premise is that magic makes sense, and Harry tries to figure out how it works and hacks the heck out of it. Until I finished it, I was of the opinion that it was literally the best thing I've ever read. That's how good it was. Too bad the ending was subpar. 

2 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Finished it? 

HPMOR is Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. It's a Harry Potter fanfic. The premise is that magic makes sense, and Harry tries to figure out how it works and hacks the heck out of it. Until I finished it, I was of the opinion that it was literally the best thing I've ever read. That's how good it was. Too bad the ending was subpar. 

Yeah, I see your point. The ending is still amazing, in my opinion, but it isn't quite as good as the rest of the book. still gave me plenty of chills, tho.

are you talking about (HPMOR spoilers)

Spoiler

the final battle or the actual end? cuz I thought the final 'battle' was pretty guucci

Anyway, OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OF MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Gancho Libre said:

Yeah, I see your point. The ending is still amazing, in my opinion, but it isn't quite as good as the rest of the book. still gave me plenty of chills, tho.

are you talking about (HPMOR spoilers)

Hide contents

the final battle or the actual end? cuz I thought the final 'battle' was pretty guucci

Anyway, OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OF MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that that is the spot it ended. He shoved a ridiculous amount of sequel fodder that he didn't use in there.

He started making music with his bodily noises.

Just to clarify, (HPMOR spoilers):

Spoiler

You thought the resolution was subpar, not the final showdown at the graveyard?

And, well, you can't blame him for putting a bunch of extra stuff in. One of the best parts is finishing and feeling like there's more to read.

Plus, it's great for advertising. :)

Twinkle, Twinkle, little star, to be exact.

Spoiler

Yeah, the resolution. To be honest, I kind of can blame him, because he stuck all that in and very specifically decided not to continue it. It ends completely unresolved.

But whoever was near him was playing the ABCs, so they were completely different.