Avengers: Infinity War (Spoilers)

I firmly believe that this film is one of the world's biggest phenomenons we have ever seen.

Every post for spoilers should be posted here. If I see even hints of spoilers for the movie elsewhere, I will look for you, I will find you, and then....I will kill you.

Here's the trailer!

16 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Hmm. Apparently I really need to re watch some Marvel movies.

Yes, you do. Here's the order I would watch them.

Captain America: The First Avenger

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man

Iron Man 2

Thor

The Avengers

Thor: The Dark World

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Iron Man 3

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Ant-Man

Doctor Strange

Captain America: Civil War

Black Panther (if you have money of course, because it's still in theaters)

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Thor: Ragnarok

Then, you will be ready. But hurry! It's only four days away.

Just now, Toaster Retribution said:

Who else wants to bet on Loki dying in the beginning of the movie?

Also, @Captains Domon, I doubt he can watch all those in four days.

Not that many. The ones I probably should watch are:

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man

Iron Man 2

Thor

The Avengers

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Iron Man 3

Ant-Man

Which is still a lot, but I don't plan to see it opening weekend. Soon, but not that soon.

1 minute ago, Mulk said:

Thor 3, Homecoming, and Black Panther all fit right in front of Infinity War. From a standpoint of catching up to the storyline right now, they probably matter more than Iron  Man 2 or the Incredible Hulk, fwiw

Those I've seen recent enough to remember. The above are the ones it's been a while for. I never even finished Civil War.

Edited by Kidpen

ah, okay, misunderstood.  The stuff from the original Avengers forward probably matters the most. Me...I only get to watch one or two movies a week so I'd never get that whole thing done in time to see the movie in the theater :D

11 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Who else wants to bet on Loki dying in the beginning of the movie?

Also, @Captains Domon, I doubt he can watch all those in four days.

You technically could, if you had enough time on your hands. Also, no, I don't think Loki dies in this movie, because he is confirmed to be in the next one. But I do think they will kill him off in Avengers 4. Here are others that I expect will die:

Steve Rogers/Captain America

Drax

Clint Barton/Hawkeye

Nebula

Heimdall

James Rhodes/War Machine

If they kill off Valkyrie though, I will be so mad. That would be a waste.

2 minutes ago, Captains Domon said:

You technically could, if you had enough time on your hands. Also, no, I don't think Loki dies in this movie, because he is confirmed to be in the next one. But I do think they will kill him off in Avengers 4. Here are others that I expect will die:

Steve Rogers/Captain America

Drax

Clint Barton/Hawkeye

Nebula

Heimdall

James Rhodes/War Machine

If they kill off Valkyrie though, I will be so mad. That would be a waste.

Vision.

Who confirmed Loki for Avengers 4? And even if they did, we can't trust anyone. Remember when James Gunn sent Rooker to the set of Infinity War to hide Yondus death? 

Also, I don't think Hawkeye dies in this, maybe in 4. I bet Drax stays alive through both movies too. Nebula, Cap and Heimdall are likely to go though.

@Kidpen Actually, if you just want to focus on the Infinity Stones and War, then watch these ones.

The Avengers

Guardians of the Galaxy

Doctor Strange

Thor: Ragnarok

Black Panther

You should be all good then!

I think it will be really good, though I think it would have been better if they had kept the next two movies Infinity War and Infinity War 2.  Something this big should not be wrapped up in just one movie.  

Cap's probably going to die.  Maybe Iron Man.  Definitely Vision.  One or two of Dr. Strange's buddies maybe.  I think all of the Guardians of the Galaxy will be safe, except Nebula.  

They should probably not have announced what movies are upcoming after this one though.  Kinda gives it away those characters will be alive.  Like Spider-Man and the Guardians.  

I saw the movie. Spoiler-free post:

Okay it came early in Sweden, so I just got home from it. It is fantastic. Some characters didn't really get as much focus or screen-time as they needed, and the movie hurts a little from that, I feel. Otherwise, it is everything a super-hero movie should be. And storms, that ending. That frickin ending was amazing. 

Standouts:

-Thanos: He is powerful, but he still has complexity. His goal is understandable, but also messed up. Along with Killmonger and Loki, the best villain in the MCU.

-Star-Lord: He feels very human, with flaws and strenghts, and might be the funniest character in the movie. 

-Ebony Maw: The creepy Black Order dude. He has personality, and is the standout Black Order member. Pretty creepy, great voice. 

In addition to these, Strange, Stark, Drax, Thor, Rocket, Wanda were all awesome for me. Go see the movie as fast as you can. It will leave you stunned.

Oh, and if anyone wants to know the number of post-credits scenes and their placement, it is in the spoiler-tag (I am not saying anything about the contents of these eventual credits scenes):

Spoiler

There is one, at the end of ALL the credits. So stay until the very end.

Saw the first showing. It's really good, agree Thanos is a complicated villain which I liked.

Like any good Avengers movie, it made me laugh out loud several times........ and then broke my heart.

It was the only way....

2 hours ago, Voidus said:

Spoilers:

Hide contents

My opinion kind of depends on what happens in part 2, I'm a bit worried they're just going to pull a deus ex machina and reverse that whole ending.

More spoilers:

I doubt that will happen, but I think they're going to have to reverse some of that end. Sebastian Stan is contracted for about 6 more movies and while I could see 1-2 of those being pre-Infinity War, there's no way all of them will be. So Bucky at least needs to return. If this is the last of both Black Panther and Falcon, Marvel is about to catch some major flack and I think they would know that, and wouldn't do that if the dust-deaths were permanent. Plus, bringing Nick Fury back only to kill him like this? Nah. I don't see it. Loki, Heimdall, Gamorra, and Vision are almost certainly truly dead (which hurts me so very much in the case of Loki because Loki is fantastic and that death was....sudden. And the movie just continued on like nothing had happened, which gave me virtually no time to mourn him or even really process it. I'm in denial about it), but I could easily see them finding some way to bring back the others.

Also, I find it really strange that the Time Stone can reverse the destruction of another Infinity Stone. That seems....overpowered to me. 

Spoilers

Spoiler

I think everyone who died by Thanos finger-snapping will be brought back. Spider-Man is confirmed to have another movie. James Gunn is also writing and directing Guardians 3, and I doubt that is a Rocket standalone. Killing Black Panther is a stupid move financially. So is killing Strange. Which means that Marvel might have written themselves into a corner. Because that ending was so powerful, and so awesome, and bringing everyone back will ruin it unless they manage to get the remaining characters to pay a huuuge price. 

Loki, Heimdall, Vision, the Black Order and maybe Gamora will stay dead. The others won't be permanent, IMO.

Spoiler

PETER:( I can’t find an emoji to describe how freakishly depressing that moment was. All of them are dead, and I thought black panther had financial plot armor! 

All in all, fantastic movie. I cannot wait for the next one. 

I’m just going to add my thoughts. I think everyone who didn’t die from the snap will come back. But everyone else will stay dead. I also think more people will die in Avengers 4. A last hurrah for the OG avengers, or most of them, should be great. Although I do hope Thor sticks around. He was SO AWESOME IN THIS MOVIE, in both action and characterization. 

Edited by Steeldancer

Spoiler

I watched it last night and it was everything I hoped for and everything I feared. EVERYONE that I was like, "I'm okay if these ones die" were left ALIVE, and all the ones I thought would be okay DIED. Though I agree the snap deaths are less than permanent.

They did an AMAZING job balancing characters. I'll say more later, but suffice it to say that I loved it, and I actually went to see it twice so I could process it.

@Steeldancer I'm just going to ask you something:

Spoiler

If I got you correctly, you believe the snap-deaths will be permanent. How can that work, given that a Spidey movie has been announced, along with GotG3? Just curious to see your thoughts, because everyone else seems to think the exact opposite. 

I agree about Peter though (if it's Quill you mean). I thought going in that Loki would hurt the most (and it did hurt) but I was prepared for him dying. Quill was so awesome the entire movie, and basically made himself my favorite MCU character, and then he just died :-(

At least Rocket's still alive...