[OB] What did you get right about OB

Song

So I only joined the 17th Shard after OB came out, so I missed any anticipation for the new book. And one of my favourite things about this place is the fun of theorizing about the coming books.

But it makes me curious about what things happened in OB that people guessed. 

The ones I have heard about are the humans being Voidbringers and that Glys wasn't a normal radiant spren but I am sure there were others.

So what did people guess right about OB?

I did join the Shard before Oathbringer came out, but only by about a month, and I could transition from Words of Radiance straight into the early chapters.

The Girl Who Looked Up (and subsequent forum discussion) did convince me of the humans invading Roshar originally, however. And to be fair, once you start having a look at Roshar's ecology, should we really be surprised humans aren't native while singers are?

That Oathbringer would utterly destroy me emotionally

In all seriousness, the only things I remember getting right were 1. that Kaladin's parents would be alive, and 2. that we would see another awakened sword (possibly made to combat Nightblood), but that was more of a general series prediction rather then specifically Oathbringer so I'm not sure if it counts.

1 hour ago, AllomancerSam said:

That Oathbringer would utterly destroy me emotionally

In all seriousness, the only things I remember getting right were 1. that Kaladin's parents would be alive, and 2. that we would see another awakened sword (possibly made to combat Nightblood), but that was more of a general series prediction rather then specifically Oathbringer so I'm not sure if it counts.

Same with the emotional destruction bit. Elhokar's death, Oroden, Renarin and Jasnah, and let us not forget the weeping induced by actually holding the book. I cryed a lot in OB

I was right about Jasnah coming back being the end of Part 1. The specifics weren't exactly as I imagined, but fairly close. My thought was that there'd be an important meeting going on with all the Urithiru crew (Dalinar, Navani, Shallan, Adolin, Kaladin, Renarin, etc.) During the meeting Lyn would come in and try to get Dalinar's attention to give a message that someone had come to Urithiru. Dalinar would ask who, and Lyn would be hesitant to say it was Jasnah.

Anyway, I'm counting it as being right :)

I was right that humans were the invaders because of the Listeners' "Song of History".

And Renarin because he just wasn't like Ym and Stomp, the Truthwatcher we know.

Oh and that nothing will happen with Adolin - this one just because I was so fed up with the horrors what shall happen that I blocked anything out.

That "one of them is certainly a traitor" referred to the Unmade more than the heralds or the radiants (though it could still be applicable to something else). I thought the Unmade would realize that Odium's victory meant their ultimate demise. 

Edited by teknopathetic

• Chaos locked this topic