New Member thingy-ma-blob

Broseph

Sup names Joseph

I'm a nerd 

Kaladin > Vin (FIGHT ME)

relatively new to cosmere  read steelheart which got me into Stormlight then I read the first three mistborn, doing elantris next (Have ordered War breaker aswell)

If someone is willing to explain The TUBA vs DA that be nice

Its great to be here.

Edited by Broseph

9 minutes ago, Broseph said:

Sup names Joseph

I'm a nerd 

Kaladin > Vin (FIGHT ME)

relatively new to cosmere  read steelheart which got me into Stormlight then I read the first three mistborn, doing elantris next

Its great to be here.

We are glad to have you here!  Normally I would warn you away from eating the cookies here, but due to your kaladin and vin opinion (Vin is better by teh way, lol!) I'm going to let them have you!

Welcome!

Kaladin = Vin They're both awesome in their own ways.

Now if you REALLY want to trigger the fan base, start shipping Shalladin or Inane.

(I came up with Inane, and I'm still proud of it)

6 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Welcome!

Kaladin = Vin They're both awesome in their own ways.

Now if you REALLY want to trigger the fan base, start shipping Shalladin or Inane.

(I came up with Inane, and I'm still proud of it)

Alright, I'll bite. Who is Inane?

55 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Vin...and Zane :lol:

Edit: I didn't come up with the ship, just the ship name

I'm more in favor of Shallan and Jasnah. but I'm biased for personal reasons....

20 hours ago, Archer said:

Welcome! If you had a plate painted to have a cosmere character's face on it, who would you choose? 

Sigzil

10 hours ago, Voidus said:

Welcome to the forums!
I'd definitely recommend giving Warbreaker a read after you finish Elantris.

Thanks I've ordered both but I live in south africa so deliverys take a while.

Also how does reputation and those title thing work?

Just now, Broseph said:

Also how does reputation and those title thing work?

You should be able to see a little orange 'up' arrow next to other peoples posts? If you click on those it will give that person 1 extra reputation, and your title changes at certain fixed levels.
Also, instead of double or triple posting you can edit your original post to add extra information by pressing Edit under one of your posts, double posting is usually against forum policy.

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

You should be able to see a little orange 'up' arrow next to other peoples posts? If you click on those it will give that person 1 extra reputation, and your title changes at certain fixed levels.
Also, instead of double or triple posting you can edit your original post to add extra information by pressing Edit under one of your posts, double posting is usually against forum policy.

Thank you

@Broseph

the DA (Dark alley) is the longest lasting and most powerful guild in the 17th shard, the only one that has been around for more then half a year and is still active. 

Some new comers thought that it would be a good idea to take them down. They made tuba. And they made a cover organization the LA (light alley).

This war consisted of espionage and spying, and the DA’s division of counter intelligence formed to weed out spies, which it succeeded in. A little under two weeks ago it exposed TUBA, and having succeeded in its purpose, dissolved itself.

During all of this, a new RP was being created in the social groups section at the bottom of the main page. 

For unrelated reasons (the DA was too OP for the RP), the DA as a guild withdrew from the new RP. 

I think that covers most of it, though anyone else who would like to add anything is welcome. 

6 hours ago, Broseph said:

Thanks I've ordered both but I live in south africa so deliverys take a while.

If you don't mind e-books, Brandon offers Warbreaker for free on his Web site.  You can read his explanation at
brandonsanderson.com/books/warbreaker/warbreaker/
and click through for a pdf download or an html version of the published book.  Back in the day this experiment of his was a big factor in elevating me from a reader to a fan.

17 hours ago, Illythyrra Dark said:

I'm more in favor of Shallan and Jasnah. but I'm biased for personal reasons....

Gag no ack

I dub this ship "Shallnah" as in "Shall we ship this?" "Nah."

I have something to add: Never trust potatoes.

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

Gag no ack

I dub this ship "Shallnah" as in "Shall we ship this?" "Nah."

I have something to add: Never trust potatoes.

That's cold!~ :(

How?

Spoiler

Shadolin is canon.

Plus Shallnah would never happen due to the fact that neither has shown any interest in females romantically. Besides that, Brandon has stated that he would be a little leery or writing a main character as gay because he's not himself and he doesn't want to offend. Not sure where, I think in his FAQs?

Just now, AonEne said:

How?

Reveal hidden contents

Shadolin is canon.

Plus Shallnah would never happen due to the fact that neither has shown any interest in females romantically. Besides that, Brandon has stated that he would be a little leery or writing a main character as gay because he's not himself and he doesn't want to offend. Not sure where, I think in his FAQs?

But he did say on twitter that he unconciously wrote shallan as bisexual, and she did make eyes at Jasnah several times through the books so far, once while she (jasnah) was naked in a pool.  A girl like me can dream, can't she?  let me have this!~ :)

Just now, Illythyrra Dark said:

But he did say on twitter that he unconciously wrote shallan as bisexual, and she did make eyes at Jasnah several times through the books so far, once while she (jasnah) was naked in a pool.  A girl like me can dream, can't she?  let me have this!~ :)

Whaaaat? Where in the world was that? And is there confirmation that she "made eyes", or are you just interpreting the passages that way?

I mean, ship whatever you want, but I find this HIGHLY unlikely and also just not a good ship. In my opinion.

Just now, AonEne said:

Whaaaat? Where in the world was that? And is there confirmation that she "made eyes", or are you just interpreting the passages that way?

I mean, ship whatever you want, but I find this HIGHLY unlikely and also just not a good ship. In my opinion.

If I remember correctly, Jasnah was being attended to Shallan while she bathed in WoK. There was definitely no indication that she "made eyes".