Crazy Hoid feruchemy theory

BitBitio

So. As Brandon said, we've seen Hoid use allomancy, right? But he's never explicitly stated that Hoid consumed his Lerasium, we just know that he's an allomancer. So here is my proposal. On Coppermind, it states that Hoid uses feruchemy to gain "foresight." We know that Atium, a god metal like Lerasium, can be used temporally. As in, it let's one see into the future, and store age. Perhaps Lerasium is sort of the opposite in a way. After all, ruin and preservation are opposites too. So, what if atiums power to see into the future is FORESIGHT? And storing age-most likely works in the Spiritual realm. Now, I read a post earlier that basically said that allomantically utilizing Lerasium makes one mistborn, in a way similar to forgery in that it is changing an object's past to affect its present. SPIRITUALLY! Now, if Lerasium has a spiritual effect through Allomancy and Atium through Feruchemy, both temporally (somewhat), then perhaps in Atium allomancy, foresight, works the same way as Lerasium Feruchemy: storing FORESIGHT. I guess you know where this is going. Hoid never ate that Lerasium. He has been using it as a metalmind for feruchemy this whole time. A lerasiummind. He's waiting for that Atium at the Pits of Hathsin to reform so he can collect it, burn his Lerasium, and use it, effectively leaving him with omega-allomancy and Atium. He's simply using his Lerasium metalmind as a substitute till then. BAM. Theory complete.

this theory is plausible, but chromium (I think chromium, it might be cadmium) feruchemy stores fortune. in OB

Spoiler

odium remarks how taravingnian made the diagram with no use of fortune

and thats how Hoid gets what I call his "plot sense" where when tapping, not only is he luckier, but he also has increased foresight. 

Spoiler

like when he dissapeared abruptly after his conversation with Dalinar to meet with Jasnah in WoR

I'm pretty sure we have confirmation that fortune is used. not foresight.

Hoid is using fortune, but later WoB's state that he doesn't specifically uses Feruchemy, just that the underlying mechanics are the same.

Xyrd (paraphrased)

You've mentioned before that Hoid ends up where he needs to be.

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yes, and usually without knowing why.

Xyrd (paraphrased)

Is chromium involved in that?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yes. Well, he's not necessarily using chromium, but the underlying mechanic, yes.

source

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/32-arcanum-unbounded-fort-collins-signing/#e2567

Edited by kenod
Added WoB

6 hours ago, Nohadon said:

this theory is plausible, but chromium (I think chromium, it might be cadmium) feruchemy stores fortune. in OB

Reveal hidden contents

odium remarks how taravingnian made the diagram with no use of fortune

and thats how Hoid gets what I call his "plot sense" where when tapping, not only is he luckier, but he also has increased foresight. 

Reveal hidden contents

like when he dissapeared abruptly after his conversation with Dalinar to meet with Jasnah in WoR

I'm pretty sure we have confirmation that fortune is used. not foresight.

It really should be noted here that Fortune in the Cosmere really doesn't seem to have anything to do with Luck. Fortune in the Cosmere is foresight. Like a fortuneteller or reading your fortune...

Ok. Possible new theory. If Hoid is using chromium or at least it's mechanism, then I realized that he is still using feruchemy. @Leyrann thought that feruchemy wasn't involved, though that might not be true. Perhaps Hoid used the Lerasium as an alloy combo with chromium . To store FOREsight instead of FORtune.  Which is why coppermind states that Hoid uses feruchemy to gain foresight

11 minutes ago, BitBitio said:

Ok. Possible new theory. If Hoid is using chromium or at least it's mechanism, then I realized that he is still using feruchemy. @Leyrann thought that feruchemy wasn't involved, though that might not be true. Perhaps Hoid used the Lerasium as an alloy combo with chromium . To store FOREsight instead of FORtune.  Which is why coppermind states that Hoid uses feruchemy to gain foresight

Feruchemy isn't everything. It's merely an application of the underlying mechanics of the Cosmere. Therefore, it's very well possible that someone uses Fortune without using Feruchemy.

Regarding the Coppermind, it's written by fans just like you and me, so please remember two things. First, it may not always use the exact right terminology (though it is of course attepmted), and in this case foresight is probably a better way to write than to force in the official term of Fortune in there, and second, it may just be plain wrong.

Don't get so hung up over the "foresight", it's just Fortune.

• Chaos locked this topic