Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZalxMage

[OB] Question about Azure

7 posts in this topic

I've seen a lot of references discussing Azure referencing the time she used the "white on black" idiom. I must've missed it reading the book. Can anyone point me to what chapter this was in?

Edited by ZalxMage

She says it in chapter 79, right at the start. Umm, you might want to edit the topic title to something that doesn't include Vivenna's name because it's kind of an obvious spoiler as-is and the titles are still visible on the main page.

Welcome to the Shard!

Chapter 79.

Warbreaker Spoilers

Spoiler

It is also kinda odd we don't get a lot of color based expressions in Warbreaker. The vibe I have gotten (there might be a WOB about it) is that Brandon realized this after writing Warbreaker so he is kinda adding them in now. I bet if we ever get a sequel to Warbreaker we will get more color based expressions. 

6 minutes ago, MPHRD said:

Chapter 79.

Warbreaker Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

It is also kinda odd we don't get a lot of color based expressions in Warbreaker. The vibe I have gotten (there might be a WOB about it) is that Brandon realized this after writing Warbreaker so he is kinda adding them in now. I bet if we ever get a sequel to Warbreaker we will get more color based expressions. 

Well part of it might be the fact that the books are "translated" and it may have done that to expressions. Those expressions also being an easy way to hint at being a worldhopper, I'm not that suprised they showed up in stormlight and not in warbreaker 

1 minute ago, Skip Hates Dragons said:

Well part of it might be the fact that the books are "translated" and it may have done that to expressions. Those expressions also being an easy way to hint at being a worldhopper, I'm not that suprised they showed up in stormlight and not in warbreaker 

I still think these types of clues are better when they are set up early. If someone has read Mistborn(either era), Elantris or Stormlight there are tons of super memorable expressions that can be dropped and instantly make worldhoppers stand out to more hardcore Cosmere fans, I think Brandon for what ever reason did not get those expressions across in Warbreaker. 

15 hours ago, Skip Hates Dragons said:

There is a WoB that exactly that is the case.