Alcatraz Realmatics

I decided to come up with a way to fit Alcatraz into Realmatic theory.

Oculator's and Lenses:

Spoiler

What happens with Oculator's is that they are constantly leaking ambient investiture from the eye, and very tiny amounts from the rest of the body. They can especially focus it through the eye, and are able to change the amount with practice. This Investiture does nothing on it's own, but when focused by a specific lens, it will do something with said investiture. Examples: Image/Lightweaving (Disguiser's) Wind (Windstormer's) Connection (Translator's) or Fortune (Oracle's). Oculator's lenses are weird, but I think they just let you see what your subconscious is seeing.

Alivened:

Spoiler

Alivened are created when a Dark Oculator pushes part of their identity and their ability to connect with other people into an inanimate object. This warps it however, and just leaves the worst part of connection-the ability to hate others. Bad romance novels are more efficient because it already has some of this from when people felt emotional after reading it.

Smedry Talents:

Spoiler

Smedry talents were created when people made people into lenses. This means that the focus for lenses was put innately into the body. But it was warped and diluted so that it comes out odd, and has side effects. That's really all I got.

Brightsand/Silimatics:

Spoiler

Brightsand is very Invested by default. So much so that it puts off this in the form of light. It will provide the fuel for the glass to perform it's action. Orientation glass does something similar to windrunning. Oculator Smedry's can fuel it because they have so MUCH innate investiture that it is parallel to brightsand. Unsure why brightsand wouldn't set off oculator's lenses with this.

Ah, the joys of being a nerd Sanderfan. You think of things like this knowing that there are people who will agree with you and people who will disagree with you, but also come up with their own idea's. 

Edited by Kidpen

11 minutes ago, Skip Hates Dragons said:

Yesssssssssssss

We know have jelloy proof that alcatraz is cosmere, now all we need is to find earth's perpendicularity(at the base of the worldspire perhaps?) And we are set in the cake 

Set in the cake indeed.

• 2 years later...

I always thought it would be fun if Area 51 was a perpendicularity. It would make sense for some random spot in the barren desert to be so heavily fortified and guarded (and have rumors of aliens?). Also what if the talents were some kind of nahel like bond, but closer? Alcatraz was able to communicate with his. Also his talent really reminds me of an Ashspren. Also the Bestowers lenses definitely reek of Connection.