What type of Twinborn would you be?

BitBitio

• 5 months later...

This is hard.

I want almost all Feruchemical powers and don't care much about allomancy.

Ferruchemical Duralumin seems awesome from what we ahve seen in BoM. It could be very useful for travelling etc.

It think it would go well with Emotional Allomancy but, i would feel bad using it

Allomantic pewter seems like a good choice generally. It's an alrounder and you just have to be careful not to overuse.

But i makes you heal faster, stronger, resistant to exhaustion and fatigue.

I wouldn't want an allomantic power that involves any  precious metals.

My number one is Allomantic pewter and Feruchemical gold for some light compounding.  You only need one good piece of gold (or a bunch of little pieces), but don't need to swallow and burn them, and can simply store the excess healing from the Pewter instead of getting sick.  

Another great one would be Tin/Tin.  A person can burn tin all day, as it is a slow burning metal.  Just shunt all the sensation into a five different rings, bracelets, whatever, and go about your day like normal.  Then start compounding like crazy until you have an unlimited amount of extra senses, which you can then individually turn on and off at will.  Imagine being able to turn your hearing down when things get too loud, and then back up again when you're trying to hear someone just out of earshot.  

And lastly, Bendalloy/Bendalloy.  We know how awesome speeding up time is, but imagine the compounding.  You never have to eat again.  One meal, and then you start compounding until you never need to eat again.  Same with drinking.  But you like eating you say?  Just shunt the extra calories into a Bendalloy metalmind.  Never go above your calorie goals for the day, stay fit forever and eat whatever you want.  Or, never eat again.

Actually, an unkeyed Bendalloy/Bendalloy Medallion could end world hunger, if you could find enough of it.  Humankind could go from needing food to needing Bendalloy to survive, due to compounding.  

SteelCompounder sounds like hell of a treat. You can fly and move in ridiculous speeds but it isn't terribly helpful in real life other than being cool.

So I would rather be a Zinc compounder(rioting people and infinite mental speed sounds too much advantage in the modern era).

Being an Electric compounder will probably also make you the person with the most mental fortitude who understands the limits of what he could do. 

Edited by goody153

Ignoring the awesomeness of the unlimited power of some compounders.

It'd have to be Allomantic Cadmium and Feruchemical zinc, just for the everyday practicalities. Faster thinking would obviously be useful. Slow bubbles while generally less useful could save my life if for example I ended up in a car crash. 

I'm choosing mine based off of quite a bit of speculation from random quotes from shards and a few things mentioned by Brandon. 

I would choose double chromium. So, chromium stores Fortune, and as awesome as that would be with just storing luck, I think there is far more to it than that. For one, at the end of Oathbringer when Odium talks to Taravangian, he says it is amazing that he created the diagram without access to Fortune. This is further supported by something Brandon said about atrium being an early taste of Fortune. So, it's starting to seem as if Fortune is far more than just luck, but also something comparable to seeing the future. It is also said that Hoid knows where he is supposed to be through some use of Fortune.

So, based off all that, compounding chromium seems like one of the most dangerous things to ever walk the cosmere.

Chromium/Chromium

Compound Chromuim For incressed luck, (might be wrong here) if I compound chromuim I could become lucky enough that I become full Feruchemist or Mistborn and just for every day uses, school, work, life, etc...

On 6.10.2018 at 7:49 PM, Tglassy said:

And lastly, Bendalloy/Bendalloy.  We know how awesome speeding up time is, but imagine the compounding.  You never have to eat again.  One meal, and then you start compounding until you never need to eat again.  Same with drinking.  But you like eating you say?  Just shunt the extra calories into a Bendalloy metalmind.  Never go above your calorie goals for the day, stay fit forever and eat whatever you want.  Or, never eat again.

I like the thought. But Bendalloy Metal minds would suuupet impractical. The melt in hot water

On 14.10.2018 at 7:59 AM, Pagliacci said:

brass/brass.

Being able to Riot the emotions of others while also having increasing mental speed (though not intelligence) would be rather useful.

You are confusing Brass with Zinc, but yes, indeed.

Some other fun combos:

Double Duralumin could also provide some interesting benefits - you'd be able to insinuate yourself in any group through massive Connection, have an in-built "universal translator", and there might be some other interesting applications, like a sort of "animal empathy", etc. From what we have seen with the medallions, F-Duralumin Connection likely works like F-Tin, in that you create different metalminds for different aspects of it. And, of course, with A-Duralumin filling said metalminds should be a snap. A really good combo for worldhoppers, IMHO, but also great for a plethora of different occupations on Scadrial itself.

A-Electrum should be good for any kind of activities where split-second decisions are important - however, since it only lets  you  see your _own_ future seconds in advance it is not a trivial task to figure out in time what it will be caused by and how to best deal with it.   F-Zinc for extra quick thinking would help there, as would F-Tin for additional clues.

A-Tin, F-Zinc - the Sherlock Holmes combo, but very useful in lots of other fields as well.

A-Pewter, F-Iron - the ultimate Ninja, parkour runner, etc. As a bonus can also use muscle-powered wings to fly!

Finally, as far as I currently understand the mechanism of F-Nicrosil, pairing it with Allomantic abilities which are useful by themselves can, with proper preparation, allow for sustained use via compounding at and above the "flaring" level without the risk of savantism - very useful by itself, and might even let one reach the strength of Elend + Duralumin in that one metal for a short time. A-Pewter, A-Tin or A-Bronze would likely profit most from such pairing, but I am also very curious about how it would affect A-Electrum. Would it greatly extend the precognition window, for instance?

As an aside, between F-Chromium, A-Electrum and A/F Tin games of chance really shouldn't be popular in northern Scadrial in Era 2.

I've thought about this some more and although being a steel compounder would be almost unbeatable in a fight, I'd prefer a F-Zinc/A-Pewter twinborn. I would appreciate the extra mental speed in everyday life as well as tricky situations. And pewter allomancy is super helpful: feeling cold? Low burn of pewter should do the trick. That box too heavy? Little burn of pewter should help. These thugs cornered you in an ally at night? Pewter will definitely help. 

So yeah, zinc/pewter twinborn for me

I'd for sure be an Allomantic Cadmium Feruchemical Aluminium twin born. when you store your Identity you have the ability to tap into other peoples metal minds. then with a bit of cadmium and some wise investing, you could get a sizable fortune in a relatively short time to you. 

Brass/Zinc!!

Thought about this one for months haha. Be able to quickly plan strategies in battle, or to read people in a second and use soothing. Yeah, I'm good with that haha. Utility in battle, but also super useful in the modern world we live in (I wouldn't go double Zinc because there is a WoB somewhere about zinc compounders potentially getting "stuck in an eternal moment" mentally)

Edit: I actually bought and wear a ring made of Zinc just for this reason :lol:

Edited by Kelkamer

hmm, for my twinborn combo, I'd probably go with Allomantic Iron and either Feruchemical brass or steel.

A-Steel is definitely cooler, but as far as ordinary life goes, I'd probably get more use out of pulling things to me than pushing them away. And with the amount of metal used in building construction today, Ironpulling should still give a fair amount of mobility.

As for Feruchemy, Brass is nice as a convenience ability (it gets pretty warm where I live, so storing body heat is gonna be nice) and steel is awesome in general.