TUBA - The Underground Bakers' Association

8 minutes ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

Also, all we have to do to combat your strategy is keep commenting on the DA thread, and sic the mods on you :D

True, but in the process he would also sink TUBA.

Edit. Better (Sorry)

Edited by ElephantEarwax

Okay.

So let's explore the hypothetical situation that a judge would accept that line of thought, and you're not going to sue for using a copy-righted name.

You look up those guys who call themselves the Light Alley... And then you find out the Light Alley no longer exists.

There's nothing left for you to sue.

@The Forgetful Archivist I hope it was clear that I was merely expressing the ridiculousness of the claim, not truly aiming to spam this forum.

Just now, ElephantEarwax said:

True, but in the process she would also sink TUBA.

I'm a he, by the way.

Edited by Leyrann

6 hours ago, Leyrann said:

Huh.

So if we'd create 50 threads and get the Dark Alley to the 4th page of the forum, that means we've overthrown the Dark Alley?

Give me a moment, getting my spam bot ready.

(I would also like to refer to my post just above which ninja'd you)

Sure for about 5 seconds before they get deleted, and sadly your account would probably be banned. (Seriously, please no one do that)

6 hours ago, Leyrann said:

Okay.

So let's explore the hypothetical situation that a judge would accept that line of thought, and you're not going to sue for using a copy-righted name.

You look up those guys who call themselves the Light Alley... And then you find out the Light Alley no longer exists.

There's nothing left for you to sue.

@The Forgetful Archivist I hope it was clear that I was merely expressing the ridiculousness of the claim, not truly aiming to spam this forum.

I'm a he, by the way.

We're not suing the Light Alley, we're suing TUBA for claiming to be the Light Alley, a pre-existing organization, when they had no legal right to do so. In so doing they have tarnished the reputation of said organization, which is now under the control of the DA.

3 hours ago, Voidus said:

We're not suing the Light Alley, we're suing TUBA for claiming to be the Light Alley, a pre-existing organization, when they had no legal right to do so. In so doing they have tarnished the reputation of said organization, which is now under the control of the DA.

But TUBA has never claimed to be the Light Alley. Yes, members of TUBA have claimed to be part of an organisation called the Light Alley, but never has TUBA as a whole claimed to have the name Light Alley.

1 minute ago, Leyrann said:

But TUBA has never claimed to be the Light Alley.

Archer created an entity called the light alley on the orders of Stormblesed Dolphin, who represented TUBA. While TUBA as a whole never claimed to be the LA various members did, as commanded by TUBA. This (I think) makes them culpable. 

8 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

But TUBA has never claimed to be the Light Alley. Yes, members of TUBA have claimed to be part of an organisation called the Light Alley, but never has TUBA as a whole claimed to have the name Light Alley.

On 4/14/2018 at 4:11 AM, Stormblessed Dolphin said:

This organization came to be known as TUBA, The Underground Baker's Association. But that had been only part of it. They had created a cover group. The Light Alley. A phony organization, with a name meant for mockery. A misinformation game.

Admission of guilt^

I'm laughing here because you can't actually sue us. You can't even back our pancakes on Discord. And the current Light Alley is DIFFERENT from the previous alley, in the same way that songs or books with the same names are different from each other.

Go ahead. Ban my pancakes.

4 minutes ago, I am Witless said:

I'm laughing here because you can't actually sue us. You can't even back our pancakes on Discord. And the current Light Alley is DIFFERENT from the previous alley, in the same way that songs or books with the same names are different from each other.

Go ahead. Ban my pancakes.

We're the residents of a trans-dimensional series of alleys of infinite space and horror, filled with Investiture, eldritch horrors and all manner of evil beings. I count about 7000 lawyers in that last group so we can definitely sue you.
Please try to make a company called coca cola ltd and see how well that works out for you. Being different is not a defense against infringing a patent.

39 minutes ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

Archer created an entity called the light alley on the orders of Stormblesed Dolphin, who represented TUBA. While TUBA as a whole never claimed to be the LA various members did, as commanded by TUBA. This (I think) makes them culpable. 

The organisation may have been created on the order of TUBA, but it is a seperate organisation. The only organisation you could sue for copyright infringement is the Light Alley (when a company practises copyright infringement, you're sueing the company, not the people that lead the company), and the Light Alley does not exist anymore.

You've had a month the time, you didn't do it then, you're too late to do it now.

(and of course your case is still extremely flimsy as well)

12 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

The organisation may have been created on the order of TUBA, but it is a seperate organisation. The only organisation you could sue for copyright infringement is the Light Alley (when a company practises copyright infringement, you're sueing the company, not the people that lead the company), and the Light Alley does not exist anymore.

You've had a month the time, you didn't do it then, you're too late to do it now.

(and of course your case is still extremely flimsy as well)

Again see previous admission that TUBA created the organization, and hence its name and so is ultimately responsible.
Also, unless the copyright itself expires then time is no bar to claiming suit.

10 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Again see previous admission that TUBA created the organization, and hence its name and so is ultimately responsible.
Also, unless the copyright itself expires then time is no bar to claiming suit.

I still think you're running into trouble with this line of thought, but let me ask something else first.

What is your claim?

Lurkers of the Dark Alley don't run into trouble, we sneak up behind it then tap steel and spike it quickly before it notices we're there.
Also I'm not really here, I just sent the message and since then have been explaining out of character.

20 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

Let's be real, the DA and TUBA are diametrically opposed. This is really the only thing you could realistically expect.

And a full-blown war, maybe, if the DA thinks poorly thought-out lawsuits aren't enough.

Good point. I sense this escalating.