TUBA - The Underground Bakers' Association

Stormblessed Dolphin

Hello and greetings from TUBA! 

Though originally created to gather intelligence on and stop the Dark Alley, we now give people of the Alleyverse a non-Hemalurgic alternative for baked goods. Our mission statement is to help and generally do good in the city, with various charity initiatives to this effect. We are essentially a bakery and general charity/help organization (with possibly a surprising amount of fighters - we've held our own in city attacks before). 

TUBA is a very public guild, with a main location in the Alleycity and other locations and businesses established most places. You can walk into the main building and join or be hired fairly easily. OOC, please ping AonEne or another active member to set something up that works for you! 

Our Discord server is very dead and honestly there's no reason to join it anymore, but I'll leave the link up anyway: https://discord.gg/k4uJwdy 

Storm's original RP from this post in 2018: 

Spoiler

Storm signed off of the spanreed conversation. He smiled to himself, big changes were coming. Big changes had already occurred. The spanreed conversation was of the former Counter-Intelligence Division of the Dark Alley. Former. That was the key word. He and his spies had infiltrated them. They hadn't suspected a thing. He thought of his clever plans. It had begun with Tesh, he had sought her allegiance to the cause. From there it had grown, it had begun to grow in strength. Their plans, oh their wonderful plans had just begun to blossom. They would establish an organization which would provide the common people with baked goods, baked goods which were without a doubt, free from hemalurgic spikes. Their goals had included the eventual full infiltration of the DA, perhaps even to bring them down. This organization came to be known as TUBA, The Underground Baker's Association. But that had been only part of it. They had created a cover group. The Light Alley. A phony organization, with a name meant for mockery. A misinformation game. They allowed the DA to 'infiltrate' it. They never would have seen the truth. until it was too late.

But it had been cut short.

Storm grimaced in anger.

The Potato.

Traitor. 

He had exposed them. giving away the secret of TUBA's existence. Revealing the moles in the DA's ranks. But this would not become a stumbling block, they would build up from this. TUBA would not fall. For, though the Potato thought to serve the DA, he weakened it. Bringing to a close it's long period of domination. The very existence of TUBA had shocked it.

They would perhaps hold a grudge against The Potato, for his gross betrayal, but they wouldn't let it debilitate them. It was time to go public, time to create their organization of light, not of shadows. It was time to emerge from the shadows. Yes, they would keep the name of TUBA, but not because they would operate in secret. Their name would stand as a reminder. A memory of a time when the DA overshadowed all.

It was time to shine through the darkness. 

See the Guild Thread for our current sheet. 

Edited by AonEne
updating info for new era

I swear to never reveal information about TUBA that is secret.

I swear to never spike any baked item with any substance that should not be there

And I swear allegiance to this Guild alone, and remain aloof from all other's within the Alleyverse RP

*except the mediator guild

Are my oaths accepted? :P 

@Stormblessed Dolphin

Edited by MacThorstenson

@MacThorstenson Well, I see no conflict between your oaths, and your position as an Unbiased one so long as you have no other ties with TUBA.. But, forgive me, I find it difficult to believe that you can make good on the promise to not spike any more cookies :P 

Edited by Stormblessed Dolphin

1 hour ago, Stormblessed Dolphin said:

@MacThorstenson Well, I see no conflict between your oaths, and your position as an Unbiased one so long as you have no other ties with TUBA.. But, forgive me, I find it difficult to believe that you can make good on the promise to not spike any more cookies :D 

Well, oops.

Sorry for spamming.

With it being Friday the thirteenth, Its just my luck that I would accidentally type the oaths and hit submit on this thread. Just my luck. I ran out of F-Chromium to tap around noon, its been going downhill from then.

Edited by MacThorstenson

A message comes bearing the seal of The Most Holy One.

The Liebrary welcomes this guild. Know that so long as TUBA is not an enemy to the Liebrary or it’s allies, we can likely stay neutral towards you. Remember that each member of the Liebrary is an individual and may act according to their own agenda. Thank you.

3 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Well, oops.

Sorry for spamming.

With it being Friday the thirteenth, Its just my luck that I would accidentally type the oaths and hit submit on this thread. Just my luck. I ran out of F-Chromium to tap around noon, its been going downhill from then.

That's not how Fortune works.

Anyways, the oaths.

I swear I will not reveal secret informating regarding TUBA.

I swear I will not spike any baked item with any substance that should not be there. I will not do so by letter, nor will I do so by spirit.

I swear alliance to TUBA alone.

32 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

That's not how Fortune works.

Anyways, the oaths.

I swear I will not reveal secret informating regarding TUBA.

I swear I will not spike any baked item with any substance that should not be there. I will not do so by letter, nor will I do so by spirit.

I swear alliance to TUBA alone.

Yes it is, Friday the thirteenth is an inherently unlucky day. Scientific studies that have yet to be released confirm this. I was tapping fortune all day to counter act the unluckiness. When I ran out of Fortune, it all came crashing down.

5 hours ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

Dear TUBA,

If TUBA is Carthage then I am the Roman empire, prepare yourselves for destruction. :D

Good day,

-TFA

And, dearest Archivist, I will be your Achilles, only you won't have a god to save you from me this time.

I will crush you into the fields of Ilium, and even the Scamander, filth that it is, will refuse to take you down to the sea in fear that it will be punished for your ravings against the gods. You are a man who stands on top of a hill in copper armor during a thunderstorm screaming that the gods are b*st*rds. You, like the Romans, sprung from something that once was great, and now is trash. And, like the Roman empire, you will be torn apart by those who you have attempted to convince of your superiority. May Vesta curse your home.

Have a nice day, and don't mess with someone who knows her Greek classics.

3 hours ago, I am Witless said:

And, dearest Archivist, I will be your Achilles, only you won't have a god to save you from me this time.

I will crush you into the fields of Ilium, and even the Scamander, filth that it is, will refuse to take you down to the sea in fear that it will be punished for your ravings against the gods. You are a man who stands on top of a hill in copper armor during a thunderstorm screaming that the gods are b*st*rds. You, like the Romans, sprung from something that once was great, and now is trash. And, like the Roman empire, you will be torn apart by those who you have attempted to convince of your superiority. May Vesta curse your home.

Have a nice day, and don't mess with someone who knows her Greek classics.

Alea iacta est. Alexander the great was killed by a single mosquito, that one mosquito fractured one of the largest empires ever. TUBA would be wise to be wary of an individual such as myself. :ph34r:

Edited by The Forgetful Archivist

9 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Yes it is, Friday the thirteenth is an inherently unlucky day. Scientific studies that have yet to be released confirm this. I was tapping fortune all day to counter act the unluckiness. When I ran out of Fortune, it all came crashing down.

Fortune is future sight, or in more mundane terms the ability to understand what is going to happen from the current situation (eg "how will a person react if I hit him in the face?"). Not luck.

(sorry, I am originally from the theorycrafting part of this site... You're not gonna get away with breaking Cosmere rules or misinterpreting Cosmere stuff when I'm near)

Edited by Leyrann

A letter lands on the desk of each member of TUBA at the same time.

Hello TUBA! glad ya finally came out into the light! while I won't be swearing any oaths (they're pesky) I would offer my services in case anyone needs to be gotten rid of, whether it be someone going around spiking cookies, or invading carthage again.

I wish to invite one of you to meet with me and discuss something... sensitive, the meeting will occur in person. send one representative only. I have some information of merit that you may need.

Yours sincerely, 

- Lord prelan of the Canton of combat, Nohadon

When you have decided, the representative needs to PM me

5 hours ago, Leyrann said:

Fortune is future sight, or in more mundane terms the ability to understand what is going to happen from the current situation (eg "how will a person react if I hit him in the face?"). Not luck.

(sorry, I am originally from the theorycrafting part of this site... You're not gonna get away with breaking Cosmere rules or misinterpreting Cosmere stuff when I'm near)

"A chromium Ferring is known as a Spinner. Chromium is used to store fortune. A Feruchemist filling a chromiummind will be unlucky, and can tap it to increase his luck."

That was a quote from coppermind, which took that from the Allow of Law Ars Arcanum. Do not assume that I am not knowledgeable about the cosmere/realmatics simply because I don't post in the theories section.

Lets not continue this debate on this thread and derail the thread. If you wish to continue contact me in PM's.

Edited by MacThorstenson

For the original contents of my post, please view Tesh's quote below. Some time later, it was used as a home for the member list, so that I wouldn't have to ask a mod for help every time I needed to add someone. As I am now a mod myself and can edit Storm's post, that was no longer needed, and this post is but a remnant of a lost time. 

That took a weird twist. Anyway, please have a nice day and enjoy your time roleplaying! 

Edited by AonEne

I am pleased to announce, that Archer has agreed to be TUBA's official Head of Recruitment! :D I know he'll do a good job!

The rest of TUBA and I, will continue to work on growing and expanding our organization. As well as working on the structure within it. more announcements such as this are forthcoming! 

New! Lerasium cookies! Available only through TUBA!

Have you always wanted to be a misting?

Now is your chance! TUBA is proud to announce the first ever lerasium-enhanced cookies. No longer do you have to worry about nasty side effects when gaining powers through eating cookies. Available with the following alloys:

- Lerasium-Steel: Learn to fly today!
- Lerasium-Iron: For whenever you’re too lazy to stand up and grab something!
- Lerasium-Pewter: Don’t lie, you want to show off at the gym!
- Lerasium-Tin: To experience life even more vividly!

More alloys might come if demand is high enough!

Please note that, sadly, no pure lerasium cookies will be distributed for fear of the power of a full Mistborn in the wrong hands.