Downvotes?

Kidpen

43 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

They don't seem possible as far as I can tell. Is this an old feature, 

You are correct. Back in the olden days, when this forum was younger, (sometime before February) there were down votes. People would use this for getting rid of opposing positions on theories and the such. People who liked shalladin would downvote any who liked Shalladolin. It got to be a mess, and the mods removed the feature.

It has its charm to be Rotting Chasmfiend Carcass, sounds cool, a bit smelly but cool!!
I can't understand the fight between Kalolin Shadolin or whatever....  The greatness of Brandond Sanderson's books is its epicness, not their romantic relationships.
(I'm trying to get
"Rotting Chasmfiend Carcass":ph34r:)

Edited by Chiri-Chiri

6 hours ago, Mestiv said:

You'd need like -9000 negative rep IIRC.

Pretty sure Rubix just set it to negative whatever I was at the time, not sure if it's still anywhere back end. I do still have a screencap though :D

55 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Pretty sure Rubix just set it to negative whatever I was at the time, not sure if it's still anywhere back end. I do still have a screencap though :D

Yep. The only reason we know about that rank at all is because of Rubix trolling you.

On 12-4-2018 at 5:53 PM, Voidus said:

I'm mostly curious why you - now bearing God Beyond - had a negative rank.

18 hours ago, Leyrann said:

I'm mostly curious why you - now bearing God Beyond - had a negative rank.

I may have expressed my curiousity and Rubix may have responded by inverting my rep so I was at -9000 instead of 9000 :P

On 4/16/2018 at 10:40 PM, Voidus said:

I may have expressed my curiousity and Rubix may have responded by inverting my rep so I was at -9000 instead of 9000 :P

I'm pretty sure I watched him do that. I believe it was around that same time he made someone The Dragon Reborn, and I think I might have a screenshot of that one lying around somewhere. Troll!Rubix has much fun on the backend with rep when he's feeling like it.

On 12/4/2018 at 0:32 AM, MacThorstenson said:

You are correct. Back in the olden days, when this forum was younger, (sometime before February) there were down votes. People would use this for getting rid of opposing positions on theories and the such. People who liked shalladin would downvote any who liked Shalladolin. It got to be a mess, and the mods removed the feature.

I have never seen anyone do that. I've only seen downvotes used for rude, offensive posts. If some people started to use it as an impromptu flame war, I can see why they were suppressed.

3 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

I have never seen anyone do that. I've only seen downvotes used for rude, offensive posts. If some people started to use it as an impromptu flame war, I can see why they were suppressed.

It was a minority of people doing it but unfortunately even if it's just a minority it can affect a lot of other people.

I hope it never becomes one.  Seems too easily abused.  Like if a person gets downvoted enough, their post gets hidden.  I have seen forums do that and it always just leads to trolling behaviour.