Do we know the begger is hoid? (Bom and SH spoilers)

Supreme King Z-arc

Viridian(paraphrased)

I asked why Hoid gave the memory coin to Wax, what his motivation was (since it seemed to cast a more positive light on someone Hoid does not like)

Brandon Sanderson(paraphrased)

Brandon said he did it to correct a lie that was being perpetuated.

Viridian(paraphrased)

I said that I was still suspicious of Hoid...

Brandon Sanderson(paraphrased)

...to which he said I should be, as those two (Hoid and Kelsier) do not get along. He said that the memory uncovered a truth that Kelsier did not want to be known.

source

So yep, it’s Hoid. If I’m understanding your question correctly. 

Ahuri3 (paraphrased)

In which published book is Hoid the happiest?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

He is the happiest when he is getting away with something. Not in the Stormlight Archive because he is nervous about Odium being there. I think he is the happiest during the Wax and Wayne series, in Bands of Mourning maybe.

source

1 hour ago, Skip Hates Dragons said:

sorry I don`t have my book on me so I figured the best way to check my thoughts would be to ask on here

No worries, just wanted to call your attention to it in case you'd missed it. Relatedly, in his appearance he mentions that he 'owns the place' in describing the mansion grounds he's apparently trespassing on. According to Brandon this wasn't part of his drunken hobo disguise, he really does believe he owns the place and he's 'kinda right'. Brandon hasn't elaborated on why he believes this but I'm sure there's a good story there.

Edited by Weltall

• Chaos locked this topic